Double Romance

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Megumi
Regular
Projects: Love Buffet

Re: Double Romance

#31 Post by Megumi »

Well, often, people provide mirrors for different reasons:

- Some hosting websites are locked in other countries. (Once I worked with people from Arabian countries, you bet the block is really tight)
- Some people cannot download from it. (mediafire does that sometimes.)
- Simply because they like to have mirrors. (...why are you looking at me like that? xD)

The simplest way to avoid it is simply to upload the game through the forum. If you can get on the forum, you can DL from it. Normally. xD

PS: I played the game. Funny and nice art. But I would have liked a little more plot, I guess.
La vie est un rêve, c'est le réveil qui nous tue.

Love Buffet

To read about (crackish) reviews for otome games, click here.

Machus
Regular
Completed: Haircuts, 99 Luftballons

#32 Post by Machus »

kosetsu wrote:I'm wondering...have any guys played this game? (I can't really tell from the screennames of those who commented ;o; ) I just.. have the feeling that guys would think this game is way too girly and would never play it >>;
I'm a guy and I loved it! =D

Although, I WAS raised in a house with three sisters, so I suppose a certain tolerance/acceptance for girliness was beaten into me! :lol:

And there's a BxG path, so I'm happy! =D

Though I did do Shwinn's path...and the aforementioned moment made me blush and immediately look around to see if anyone was near me. Even though I was alone in the room. :oops: So good job on that!
I'm available as a proofreader, just PM me. Thanks!

~Mau

SilverMoonrise

#33 Post by SilverMoonrise »

Machus wrote:
kosetsu wrote:
Though I did do Shwinn's path...and the aforementioned moment made me blush and immediately look around to see if anyone was near me. Even though I was alone in the room. :oops: So good job on that!

xD what cute hahaha
just let your beaten in girlie be free :D

and by the way
You enchanted me with your screenshots. I like that coloring style and genre and the guy and girl i like the enviroment.
....huff huff......
just wait until i finished , i can tell you a lot more than that then =D

EDIT: finished! Your dating system is interesting. I laughed hard, when i asked Swinn what he likes about me, and the answer was the best he could give. xDDD
He complimented my claws AWW!

i like your story! It's refreshing funny and really cute :wink:

by the way, are you using Korean art style? or am i mistaken?

I am on a chalk board! i am famous!.......
I just wanted to draw cat droppings....
NO! i am beautiful!
Hahahahahaha :lol: :mrgreen:

shwippie
Regular
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop. Mitzi's Fable
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie

#34 Post by shwippie »

Megumi- Ah, okay, ty for the explanation! Uploading to the forum is what I should have done in the first place. I hope the have the 2nd game focus on storyline, but I wanted to start smaller for the first game. I'm happy you gave it a try :)

Machus- Hahaha! Lucky for me XD (I hope growing up with 3 sisters wasn't too hard on you). Yeah, I didn't want to leave out BxG since it wouldn't seem fair ^^ Lol really?! Oh my~

SilverMoonrise- Ohhh thank you *_* I don't know if I could have as much fun making games if I couldn't be girlie about it , so that is such a consolation to me. Aww I'm very grateful for such comments ;u; I'm happy you liked bits of the dialog too haha. What is the Korean art style? Do you have an example? I don't know about it, but I take it as a great compliment because I love their culture for sure! (All I know is, pretty much everything there is cute, even cardboard boxes)
Image Image Image

Julie
Regular

#35 Post by Julie »

kosetsu wrote:Julie- Menus are a great idea! Thanks for suggesting it ^^ Lol well I've heard from one person that they thought Shwiii was too stupid to date OTZ
You're welcome! Can't wait to see the new version^^ People have different tastes but I personally found Shwii adorable...Shwinn too of course. ^^

Miss-Mae
Regular
Projects: Waiting on Love
Organization: Kinki Skiddles Productions

#36 Post by Miss-Mae »

I just finished playing your game and I must say, it was adorable! Your art is SO nice, by the way. Loved it :D
Come visit me, if you like, at: http://www.miss-mae.deviantart.com / http://www.kinki-skiddles-games.deviantart.com <3 or on my NEW game making blog, which you can find here: http://kinki-skiddles.tumblr.com/ <3

shwippie
Regular

#37 Post by shwippie »

Thanks again, Julie >w<

Miss Mae- *^* I'm honored you found it cute and liked the art!
Image Image Image

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#38 Post by Alera »

This was just so...sweet!!! >w< I'm a girl, though I'm not into such girly stuff, but this just made me...~KYA~! XD What attracted me was THE ART!!! *o* So pretty, so unique, so awesome!!!

I loved the whole atmosphere of the game! And it was quite funny at times. *giggle* Great stories too!!!

KEEP IT UP! I would definitely play another if you make one~ <3
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

shwippie
Regular

#39 Post by shwippie »

Alera wrote:This was just so...sweet!!! >w< I'm a girl, though I'm not into such girly stuff, but this just made me...~KYA~! XD What attracted me was THE ART!!! *o* So pretty, so unique, so awesome!!!

I loved the whole atmosphere of the game! And it was quite funny at times. *giggle* Great stories too!!!

KEEP IT UP! I would definitely play another if you make one~ <3

XD I'm glad you gave it a try even though it was very girly. :oops: Thank you, I did spend the most time on the art and tried to make an atmosphere...Aww that's an honor! *o*
Image Image Image

Avaible
Regular

#40 Post by Avaible »

I'm wondering...have any guys played this game? (I can't really tell from the screennames of those who commented ;o; ) I just.. have the feeling that guys would think this game is way too girly and would never play it >>;
I'm a guy and played it just now.
I liked the art, the questions, the answers, the setting, the feeling, the overall appearance and ... well, I liked the game.

It was funny, it was nice, it felt warm and a bit stupid (in a positive way, if there is one).

But I have to admit that I didn't like the voice of the pink cream-thingy. It's jokes made me smiling nevertheless, though, so you did a great job with the vnovel.

Abeiramar
Regular

#41 Post by Abeiramar »

You did a very nice work indeed! Short and sweet!
The funniest line for me was when Shwii started to describe herself, unaware the player could see her.
I loved all the details you put in the backgrounds too. Those rooms tell a lot about the character's personality.
The voice of Shwippie surprised me me too. It's so ADORABLE! The prom photos were also surprising, they looked so grow-up with all those photoshop retouches (lol).
I hope I get to play more Visual Novels done by you, this one was a delightful experience!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#42 Post by SilverxBlue »

I've just played it a while ago and it's really great..! :)
All the characters are so adorable especially Shwippie...
I'm not the type of person who goes all "Awww..." when I just read a cheesy line but for some insane reason I said "Awww" when I asked about the fire and who will they save and then Shwinn's reply was "...you". I really didn't expect that... :)
I also loved the BGM it really matches the game..
And for some REALLY insane reason I kept on smiling the entire game...
The only downside i've seen is it being too short, I wouldn't complain about it though.

When you make another game, you're officially getting me as you're first stalker...
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#43 Post by RemnantDream »

I love this! xD
Especially Shwinn.

"In five words or less, tell me why I should date you."
"Blackmail."

SHWIPPIEE :DD
is adorable.

The whole reason I downloaded this game was because I saw the screenshot where it said "Have you ever seen a cream puff skip?"
xD

Aozora210
Regular
Projects: Ruins and Heaven

#44 Post by Aozora210 »

Do you know about something? I like to eat creampuffs, so you should keep Shwippie away from me D8
*totally unrelated subject*

Anyway!

It was a short game but I love it. Both bachelor(ette)s are just so cute, and I like Shwii's blank stare XDDD She made me want to bring her home and cuddle her all the time. Oh anyway, just a suggestion, I was wondering if there's any Shwippie ending, fufufu...

And lovely art is lovely XD The BG are just too detailed yet soft and cute. Wish there are a special CG for the endings. XD

Keep up the good work! XD
Current Project
Ruins and Heaven

Esphirisa
Regular

#45 Post by Esphirisa »

Haha, I like the music a lot and don't mind the repetitiveness. In fact, that might be the reason why I got addicted to it :O It has been mentioned already, but I LOVE YOUR ART! It's sooo cute and adorable that it woke the little girl in me that goes "kyaaaa"! Everything about the characters are cute, even down to their names. I like how detailed their rooms are, and how the questions let us know more about Shwippie, Shwii and Shwinn and not just the one we're asking the questions. I love the cyclops part especially. It made a lot of sense(I'm not being sarcastic) about how the children cyclops couldn't reach the table and more... I love Shwippie(your) voice. It was cute xDD I didn't know she was a cream puff though. Until she mentioned it, I thought she was... nevermind. I'm glad I've played this because I got to see a cream puff skipping and doing jumping jacks. I will never look at cream puffs the same way anymore.

I do wish we could get more background information, though. About Shwippie and the planets thing and all. Is there a reason why their names are so similar? Plus they seem to know each other well. It would be great if we could see the dates, too. By the way, if you would be so kind, could you list out all the endings? I'm not sure if I have gotten all five. Sorry and thank you for the trouble >_<