Double Romance

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Double Romance

#16 Post by Riviera »

I loved this so much. Short, sweet, simple. The art was very nice, the sweetness, old timey feel and dark themes remind me of something but I can't think what of at the moment.

Shwii and Shwinn were
so crack, it was awesome. They just came up with the most out of the blue weird stuff, I loved it.
Shwippie was adorable. Your voice is adorable. I liked how she danced around the screen and acted so proud of herself.

I always love it when a VN can do something different, and yours did. Congratulations!
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#17 Post by sake-bento »

I wasn't sure what to expect coming into this, and I'm still not entirely sure what it was I played. XD Still, I enjoyed it. It surprised me a few times. It's very clever and unusual, and the art is absolutely charming.

The voice for only the creampuff (and that only some of the time) threw me off a little. It's tempting to just go in and dub the other voices just for myself. >______________>

Like others, I wish the textbox had been customized. It's sort of a glaring AHHH when everything else is so cute. I think it would be fine to make it a semi-transparent textbox so that people can still see the details of the room behind it. A custom font would also have been really nice to have, since DejaVu is so blocky. Also, the larger sprites at the end (when you decide who to date) seem to have a little bit of a halo around them, so they don't blend with the background. Just a small thing, though.

Overall, a nice first go. Cute, unusual, and definitely enough to keep me interested in your continuing works. ^-^

Muse
Regular

#18 Post by Muse »

I found this adorable! The artwork, as others have said, is just gorgeous. I'm ambivalent about the cream-puffs voice; neither liked or disliked it. The characters were charming and made me smile.

I don't know if you want any criticism but I did notice a couple small typing errors.
In one part the audio is puff asking "Have you ever seen a cream-puff skipping?" but it says skip in the text box.
I believe the punctuation is off on this (correct me if this is also a correct way to write it, however!):
"I'm uber-duber excited that you're here!!! (and sorry for you, too)" I think it should be "I'm uber-duber excited that you're here (and sorry for you, too)!!!" or "I'm uber-duber excited that you're here!!! (And sorry for you, too.)"

Shwii's introduction just made me laugh. The surprised/shocked faces are adorable as well! The muted color palette was a really good choice.

Very fun and cute game; thank you so much!

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#19 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

kosetsu wrote: lol it was
a fly near shwippie, so you're kind of right XD
eee thank you >w< I'm so happy you played it!
I know what I want to do for the sequel (it's gonna be a bit different ^^b)
Waaa~
a sequel and it's gonna be different, I'm looking forward for it if you make one~
Whee, I love looking at them! lol
Make sure it'll have a customized text box next time! haha ^^

and make shwippie jump again!
lol xD

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#20 Post by Elze »

I played it! It was so cute and fluffy! The voice was a pleasant surprise. Your voice is adorable and I thought Shwippie was really adorable too! The fly and Shwippie's shape did make me wonder if she was pink poo though. ^^; All in all, I think the entire game was short but everything was consistent and matched up to make a nice package. The only thing that can be improved on is probably the text box, as the others have mentioned. I really loved the art in particular (was staring at the bg) <3

shwippie
Regular
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop. Mitzi's Fable
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie

#21 Post by shwippie »

Riviera- Wahh thank you!! That's just what I was going for (old timey, a little bit dark). Haha Shwippie is trying to present herself as better than she actually is XD (probably showing my secret wish to be that confident ;u; )

Sake Bento- It's a dream to get such a comment from you *_* ....OTZ yeah the textbox is fail. I'll definitely not make that mistake again. And for the voices...that would be so fun if you dubbed the whole thing XD I could've done all of Shwii and Shwippie, but I can't go low enough for Shwinn, unless I used some voice editing thing. I jsut didn't want to risk it, in case the voices were a huge turn-off. Halo and font, will keep my mind on that! I really appreciate all the input!

Muse- I'm so glad you enjoyed it *///* hmm, for the voice acting I really have no idea what I'm doing. I've only played a couple other games with it, so I don't know what good voicing should sound like. If you have any suggestions on that, that'd be great! Ah, I wasn't careful with the punctuation, now I know I can't get away with that lol

Yuuki- For sure about the text box! I may need to go back and change it on this one, too *failure* ahahaha I may find a reason to make her jump just because you suggested it XD

Elze- Ahh many thanks!! Phew, glad you thought it all came together consistently; that was at the top of the list of important things for me X3
Image Image Image

Machus
Regular
Completed: Haircuts, 99 Luftballons

#22 Post by Machus »

This was pretty great. I loved the cream puff. =D

I liked the art style, very monochromatic, yet very alive. Beautiful.
Their world is a very weird one. But I think I might like to live in it!
I'm available as a proofreader, just PM me. Thanks!

~Mau

Julie
Regular

#23 Post by Julie »

I've finally played the game and I thought it was very cute! ^^ The two characters were quite twisted in a way that it made me want to learn more about them....which is a good thing!
My fave part:
'If I set your room on fire, what item would you save first?'
And Shwinn was like 'WTF!?' but he goes all *wink* "...You."
That made my giggle XD <3
Good game! I do wish that there was a date scene too but oh well. XD I look forward to your other future games!

shwippie
Regular

#24 Post by shwippie »

Machus- Thanks a bunch! The monochromatic color was a last-minute choice, so I'm happy it seems it turned out okay. I wanted a children's book atmosphere :3

Julie- Lol the part with Shwinn
is pretty much fanservice to satisfy myself XD but I was *hoping* others would would feel blush-y too haha
If I release a version with the mistakes all corrected, I want to add the date scenes XD I actually never even thought to put them in there, strangely!
Thank you for your kind words :)

I'm wondering...have any guys played this game? (I can't really tell from the screennames of those who commented ;o; ) I just.. have the feeling that guys would think this game is way too girly and would never play it >>;
Image Image Image

Julie
Regular

#25 Post by Julie »

It did made me all blush-y. It worked.xD

Releasing a new version would be good. ^^ I hope that you will make it long and consider putting menus during the date scene (for fun ?xD) too. I would also want to see how the characters act during the date. ^^

I also went for Shwii after Shwinn and I think she's adorable. I dunno what the guys think though. xD

Arisu

#26 Post by Arisu »

Adorably weird <3

The artwork is lovely (and the characters are insanely cute!) and I think the subtle use of colour is a great touch.

I'd love to see the actual date though. Tehe:3

chocola1232

#27 Post by chocola1232 »

hey can anyone help me i cant download it from mediafire-_____________________-

shwippie
Regular

#28 Post by shwippie »

Julie- Menus are a great idea! Thanks for suggesting it ^^ Lol well I've heard from one person that they thought Shwiii was too stupid to date OTZ

Arisu- XD glad you could like it despite all the weirdness. Yeah, I need to add in the dates ;u;

chocola1232- what happens when you try to download from mediafire?
Image Image Image

Megumi
Regular
Projects: Love Buffet

#29 Post by Megumi »

@kosetsu. Sometime, people can't upload or download from mediafire. It... happens.

And then, later on, it gets fixed without reason. But like... months later. *it happened to me before*

Here is an alternate link. If you don't like me hosting it, do tell me. I'll remove the file. :3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HOFZWQ51
La vie est un rêve, c'est le réveil qui nous tue.

Love Buffet

To read about (crackish) reviews for otome games, click here.

shwippie
Regular

#30 Post by shwippie »

Megumi wrote:@kosetsu. Sometime, people can't upload or download from mediafire. It... happens.

And then, later on, it gets fixed without reason. But like... months later. *it happened to me before*

Here is an alternate link. If you don't like me hosting it, do tell me. I'll remove the file. :3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HOFZWQ51
Ohhh, I see. I was wondering why some people upload to multiple sites. I don't mind you hosting it- thanks for making it available ^^
Image Image Image