NaNoRenO - Messages

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
risingdreams
Regular

NaNoRenO - Messages

#1 Post by risingdreams »

Done! I thoughtI wouldn't be able to finish this before the end of the month! But here it is, my game for NaNoRenO! Forgive me if I did anything wrong. Also, I would like some feedback.

Story: Sara is a Brazilian girl who decides visiting her friend Eric, whom she met when she spent the summer at his hometown, an year ago. But sadly, thing don't go the way she expected. And Eric's friend, but kind-hearted but gloomy Leo plays an important part in this. The game has supernatural elements in it, and may be a bit sad.

This games has...
7,718 words,
4 endings
2 love interests (boys)

Credits:
Bgs: Google, morguefile and flickr
Sprites: Bass
Beta: Radhreni
Music: Tam

Download (all platforms): http://www.mediafire.com/?7o3k1m7ebck323t
Attachments
cap2.jpg
cap1.jpg
Last edited by risingdreams on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
icon from x_dirge_icons@LJ

dstarsboy
Veteran

Re: NaNoRenO - Messages

#2 Post by dstarsboy »

Grats on finishing on time. I'll have to give this a shot when I get home from work.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

CombatEye
Regular

#3 Post by CombatEye »

I just finishing playing and saw all 4 endings (got 2,1,4 then 3). Good job! I liked how the choices weren't frivolous, although the choice text was hard to read until I moused over it.

stellacisem
Regular

#4 Post by stellacisem »

I can' open the link, the site is restricted in my country. can you upload it to somewhere else, preferably Mediafire please?
I waited for [more than] ten years, eleven months, thirty days, 12 hours and 26 minutes. then i finally had to admit i wasn't getting an acceptance letter from Hogwarts.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#5 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Wow, this is an amazing game. The story is a bit sad, but very creative, and really cute. I give it a 10 out of 10. Great job!

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#6 Post by Blane Doyle »

4Shared tells me I have to log in to download this. I do not really wish to sign up for it, and I do not think many others will, so this is most likely going to prevent you from having many people playing this. I think moving it to another site, perhaps Mediafire, would be a good idea. (I may decide to sign up to get this, however.)

Mini_Moshi
Regular

#7 Post by Mini_Moshi »

It doesn't let me download it :(

risingdreams
Regular

#8 Post by risingdreams »

Uploaded to mediafire ^_^
icon from x_dirge_icons@LJ

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#9 Post by Blane Doyle »

OK JUST SAT DOWN TO PLAY THIS AFTER WORKING

This is nice. I like the art and the music you chose! The setting is different and interesting as well.

The writing was ok, but I noticed quite a few typos and grammatical errors.

The there were a few thing I disliked. First, the switch between ADV and NVL text. This doesn't normally bother me, but some time it seemed to happen at random and others not at all. (there were a few cases where it would switch between them for one or two line of narration and then go back).

Second, the instant endings seemed kinda... instant.

Third, I was kinda.. confused while reading this. The pacing was really fast and weird.

But the game was enjoyable all in all. Not bad for something like this!

psyduck
Regular

#10 Post by psyduck »

the text option is hard to read. I think you should use darker color for the textbox

blitzysixx

#11 Post by blitzysixx »

This game makes no sense to me. The events just don't add up. The story is told jerkily without any of the necessary explanations, back story, or transitions that make a story flow well. The art is very nice but the story needs some improvement in order to make it more logical and relatable.