February and March: short visual novel made w/ RPG Maker XP

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#16 Post by lordcloudx »

Hey, can I see some of those images you're thinking of scaling down? Maybe I can help you with adobe photoshop and since I'm already finished with the character art for my self-imposed kinetic novel project, maybe I could help you make some character art... that is, if you want.

Nice quote btw, hehehe somehow I really like rhapsody. I even wrote a gamefaqs walkthrough for it.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#17 Post by PyTom »

gekiganwing wrote:I'll try it on one or two others soon, in between seeing if my ALICE character images can be scaled down w/o black backgrounds using GIMP for Windows.
Hm... Is there any reason why you can't just use the "Scale Size" setting in ALICE to scale down your images? When rendering, it does high-quality scaling.

Gimp should also be able to do scaling of images with alpha channels, but it doesn't seem necessary in this case.

You are using PNGs all the time, right?
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

RedSlash
Veteran

#18 Post by RedSlash »

I finally got around to trying this out.
So I was actually surprized that this was a VN and not an RPG. Haha, silly me to make such assumptions.

IMO, the length is its major weakness. I found the game very short (as expected from your post), but it's shortness made it seems like everything was rushed and even the ending felt like it ended abruptly. The feeling was like:
This is a story about a programmer who met a girl and then they fell in love then lived happily ever after.. the end.
I think the story could've been elaborted much more to bring out the personalities of each of the characters.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#19 Post by gekiganwing »

Good news: I was able to get GIMP to work the first time. So that means I'll be ready to implement my newly scaled images in Ren'py this weekend, and so Drifting Leaves will be a lot closer to done.

My short story was flawed, but it was the first I've completed, and it'll get me closer to completing other projects. Plus it was one in which my characters didn't annoy me too much, and in which I didn't feel as if I was writing for months just to have a ten minute game.

This weekend I will resume work on an RMXP version of "Winn." I'll remain quiet about it until it gets done.

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#20 Post by kara24601 »

I have this game in my "Mixed" ( as in mixed feelings ) folder. I'm too busy/lazy right now to check why and comment more on the game. But there's my vote if that means anything too you. :lol: