Twitter

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

Twitter

#1 Post by Snowflower »

Do many people use Twitter here? Because I don't see that many people doing so.

I was going to put a lot of promo opportunities, contest info and such on the Twitter, or send it to my Twitter followers, but there aren't that many people in the Twitter world to begin with.

So far, I have 7 people I follow and 1 person who's following me (yay selenity136 XD )
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Agent Zero
Regular

Re: Twitter

#2 Post by Agent Zero »

Facebook to mainstream ?
Hmm.. Creating a new profile is a bit annoying...
But in June I will have an account. ( Everything begins in June. And hopefully I'll follow you them sorry. )
Well good luck finding people.

Currently in school. By June 22th a site a blog and a game should be up and running.

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#3 Post by pondrthis »

Agent Zero wrote:Facebook too mainstream?

Facebook is too open to the professional world and is expected to be tied to your true name. If I were to use a social networking service to promote game-related stuff, it would not be Facebook. On Twitter, using your real name isn't the status quo, so you can more easily separate your (presumably non-Otaku) professional life and your game-making life.

I guess for people with no day job or a non-professional day job, there's no reason not to use Facebook. But even then, why not use both?

Friendbot2000
Regular
Projects: Mutagen : Journey to Haven's Landing

#4 Post by Friendbot2000 »

I just put up all the security setting on my Facebook. No one can see anything on my page unless they are my friend. Another precaution I use is only adding people that ARE my friends. So many people wonder why their identity gets stolen or pictures of them get out when they have their Facebook wide open for the whole world to see and exploit....you get pretty paranoid when you major in Network Security...

All my passwords are 20 characters long too, with numbers, symbols, and letters.
Visit my game development group's Facebook page : Timekeeper Games
Mutagen : Journey to Haven's Landing Facebook Page
Follow our Twitter feed too : TK Games

pondrthis
Veteran

#5 Post by pondrthis »

It's not an identity security issue I'm talking about. It's about keeping up a professional image.

I don't want my coworkers knowing about any personal interests of mine. Having hobbies is equivalent to showing weakness, since all I am supposed to care about is science.

Friendbot2000
Regular

#6 Post by Friendbot2000 »

pondrthis wrote:It's not an identity security issue I'm talking about. It's about keeping up a professional image.

I don't want my coworkers knowing about any personal interests of mine. Having hobbies is equivalent to showing weakness, since all I am supposed to care about is science.
Haha yeah good point. I kind of went on a mini paranoid rant there. My suggestions also apply to work too. I don't add any of my coworkers because I keep my friends separate from my work friends. Work friends stay at work, and friends outside of that I am free to hang out with.

pondrthis
Veteran

#7 Post by pondrthis »

Well, since I work at a university, I'm expected to be Facebook friends with work friends :/

But props if you can keep them separate like that.

Friendbot2000
Regular

#8 Post by Friendbot2000 »

pondrthis wrote:Well, since I work at a university, I'm expected to be Facebook friends with work friends :/

But props if you can keep them separate like that.
Really? You work at a university? Doing what?

I used to want to be a teacher because I absolutely love teaching. I was a tutor and mentor for several young kids in my neighborhood(who knew that robots were good with kids) and I absolutely loved it. The reason I didn't become a teacher is that I can see myself teaching, but not as a teacher. I just couldn't deal with the politics and restrictions placed on teachers by the various rules and regulations in effect here in the U.S. They would inhibit my teaching style.

pondrthis
Veteran

#9 Post by pondrthis »

I love teaching too!

I'm a graduate student, but I call it "work" since I haven't taken classes in a year and am just doing research along with the assorted teaching/mentorship duty. Haven't had an actual class of students in like a year though T.T

Friendbot2000
Regular

#10 Post by Friendbot2000 »

My fondest moment in my teaching experience was when I was in middle school. We were studying medieval history and the teacher got on the subject of knights. Now I absolutely love European history and the Medieval period is my specialty. So I went into how a knight is trained from a squire. I mean they had to do some serious shit to be able to wear armor and fight on a horse. One of the training exercises is leaping over a wooden horse in full chain or plate mail. That is insane!

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#11 Post by Alera »

I DO have Twitter, but I don't use it very often. Follow me if you want. (I recently deleted all my tweets, it's not that I've never been active. XD There wasn't anything interesting anyway.)
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#12 Post by rioka »

Mine is here. I only tweet when I have something to tweet. ...Some people though love to tweet every second of the day. =_=
I'm also on Facebook (look for Manga Tutorials) but I hardly have time to go one there and do anything significant. Information-wise, I do NOT post anything personal on there nor do I have any kind of personal Facebook account. Of the two, I prefer Twitter because I just can't make heads or tails over Facebook's clunky interface nor do I want to spend time doing it (maybe the reason why I'm hardly on there).

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#13 Post by Snowflower »

Well, I didn't want to mix my facebook with the twitter (I'm still in high school where judging people is a huge daily routine).

Not many people (only 2 knows) about my VN life.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

pondrthis
Veteran

#14 Post by pondrthis »

Snowflower wrote:Well, I didn't want to mix my facebook with the twitter (I'm still in high school where judging people is a huge daily routine).

Not many people (only 2 knows) about my VN life.
Sorry love, that doesn't go away.

Actually, I was more popular and accepted in high school than college or the "real world".

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#15 Post by LVUER »

pondrthis wrote:It's not an identity security issue I'm talking about. It's about keeping up a professional image.

If you want to keep a professional image, I think you should make a brand (studio name), build your own website, and then make accounts (with your studio name) in facebook, twitter, and several other social network to give updates of your current projects.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW