Studying or Gaming?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Chu-3
Veteran
Completed: CAFE 0~The Drowned Mermaid~,duplicity~Beyond the Lies~, East Tower Series,How to Take Off Your Mask,CAFE 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~, How to Fool a Liar King
Projects: How to Fool a Liar King
Organization: roseVeRte
Tumblr: roseverte
itch: roseverte

Re: Studying or Gaming?

#46 Post by Chu-3 »

I remembered my high school experience where I mostly played no game. I was studying everyday since I want to get the scholarship to Japan to learn manga and I got it over the selection of thousand people. But then I got some issues there, and I began to think if is it manga that I really want to do. Well... then I found the VN, at my middle-20 (which is pretty late, I guess), I did my huge research, and I know that this is what I want. Too bad I can't meet VN earlier... I hope I can learn more about the programming...

(I'm not saying that studying is bad, but the best is if you can do it for equal.)

Nimuell
Regular
Projects: Cold Hands, Beautiful Boring People

#47 Post by Nimuell »

azureXtwilight wrote: I have to balance studies, and I have to prioritize studies, because.. well, one grade lower and I'll be kicked out of university. They say people's lives are going to be in my hands in the future so I shouldn't play too much -_- No, I'm not kidding.
Yay, fellow Med student :D
Same here >< Sometimes I feel like my brain would explode from all these studies, I still remember this winters anatomy exam, it was like hell T^T
Still I somehow find time to draw or game. Or else I would go crazy, since I'm bad at relaxing.

But really, I'm waiting for these summer holidays so much! I want to finally play Tsukihime and Remember11 :'<
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.nimuell.deviantart.com/

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#48 Post by Nellie »

Nimu-chan wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote: I have to balance studies, and I have to prioritize studies, because.. well, one grade lower and I'll be kicked out of university. They say people's lives are going to be in my hands in the future so I shouldn't play too much -_- No, I'm not kidding.
Same here >< Sometimes I feel like my brain would explode from all these studies, I still remember this winters anatomy exam, it was like hell T^T
Still I somehow find time to draw or game. Or else I would go crazy, since I'm bad at relaxing.

But really, I'm waiting for these summer holidays so much! I want to finally play Tsukihime and Remember11 :'<
I paid a terrible price for not studying and doing everything else (includes gaming)... *Nearly* kicked out of uni... So yea, fellow medical students, don't ever underestimate the finals. For everything else before finals, just play as much as you want and study 8 hours before XD Provided of course, you have been doing what are you supposed to in clinicals and attachments, assignments, what so what not~ (Guess I'm not a good example... XD)

On a side note... I got stuck in Remember11 Satoru's story!!!!! T_T

Nimuell
Regular

#49 Post by Nimuell »

Nellie wrote: I paid a terrible price for not studying and doing everything else (includes gaming)... *Nearly* kicked out of uni... So yea, fellow medical students, don't ever underestimate the finals. For everything else before finals, just play as much as you want and study 8 hours before XD Provided of course, you have been doing what are you supposed to in clinicals and attachments, assignments, what so what not~ (Guess I'm not a good example... XD)

On a side note... I got stuck in Remember11 Satoru's story!!!!! T_T
Yeah, I understand that much. Finals are hell @__@ tests, colloquiums and exams too. Well... it's reasonable, right?
Anyway, sometimes I skip some lectures and go watching movies with friends :'D

Not much time for gaming anyway, a-ah, Remember11, wait for me T^T
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#50 Post by RemnantDream »

I'm in high school and it's the end of the year for me which means teachers cramming in extra work and exams. In the past three school days, I've had four papers due. However, I spend most of my time at home playing games or working on my own. But since I've gotten almost everything done, I'm not worried.

But I do only have one paragraph written in the research paper due tomorrow..

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#51 Post by LVUER »

One thing that I advise to you all guys who's still in uni or high school (and love to play video games) : never ever touch those on-line games. They are devils (ok, jk). But seriously, I've seen too many people (my high school friends, my college friends, my students, etc) that ruined their life because of on-line games.

Fortunately, off-line games seems OK to play ^_^

PS: This is not a promotion, spam, nor I am a on-line game hater.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#52 Post by OtomeWeekend »

@LVUER:

God, that is very true! My friends, not me(I tried playing it but I can't get the forsaken mechanics of those online games X( ) were all addicted to these online games and you would see them getting 0 score in exams, still talking about this ragnarak(?), grand chase etc.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#53 Post by azureXtwilight »

Nimu-chan wrote:

*HUUUUUUGS XD*
I know, right!? I just passed another anatomy exam and I feel like I'm going crazy... D:

GOD I DON'T WANT TO BE KICKED OUT.

Nimuell
Regular

#54 Post by Nimuell »

azureXtwilight wrote: *HUUUUUUGS XD*
I know, right!? I just passed another anatomy exam and I feel like I'm going crazy... D:

GOD I DON'T WANT TO BE KICKED OUT.
Congrats on passing anatomy! :D

Anatomy is hell. But for me biochemistry is even worse. Too much schemes, names of ferments >< I'm going crazy.
Gosh, I don't want to be kicked out too! ;_;
Let's work hard!!!

miyoyan
Regular

#55 Post by miyoyan »

Woah, people, I haven't even started Biology (the career, not the subject) yet and I'm scared already! Where I live it's as hard as Med school, but we don't have internships (HELL YEAH). Seven years of studying, tho'... *sighs*

>>Rant ahead. Skip to violet text if you don't want PUNishment.<<

Well, as for me, I'm in the middle of the 'hey, you have one year to prove yourself worthy of getting into the academically best but administratively worst University in your country'-quest. It's the only one in my log, really, and I'm 4/6 (still need those Biology & Physics 'Certificate Of You Must Have Used The Konami Code' s). They are timed quests, and are actually divided in two parts each... So far, the lag is terrible so I don't know how it went, but I think I got the first part of the Biology one down. Not too sure about Physics, maybe I can make up for it getting an Achievement in the second part. There's always the extra life (Final), though, but I really don't want to risk it. I'd like to start ACTUAL college by next semester.

Oh, yeah. I cancelled my WoW account. I think that says everything :\ I use my spare time sleeping and skipping more classes than I should (that being ZERO) grinding for XP to kill that stupid BOSS that is the administrative part. By the way, I've had to sit on the floor, WHICH WAS FULL OF DUST... THE ONE THEY USE TO POLISH IT (red, clings to clothes and I bet my lungs will never be the same). They assigned 80 people to a classroom with 50 desks (and it took them 2 months to give us a bigger classroom). It took me ONE YEAR AND A HALF to know whether I had to retake some exams (luckily, no).
That damn boss... It has more life bars than Cthulhu and is fully immune to all kinds of damage. Water? Hope you brought your umbrellas, bring them inside the classroom. Fire? Don't worry guys, it was cold anyway, wasn't it? Electric? Oh, who NEEDS power! Earth? "Dust"? I don't see any dust. No, this is on purpose. Dark? Heals it. Light? You can't cast light spells near it. Psych? Mirrors it, you will hurt yourself in confusion. Arcane? I don't know, I'm not a mage so I can't try!

Well, jokes aside. I'm a procrastinator, cap level. So I tend to choose play over studying. But I also really love the career I'm going for, so I try to balance it out -- study the bare minimum to get some cool grades, play the rest of the time. Sleep not necessary.