What subject you hate the most?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: What subject you hate the most?

#31 Post by LVUER »

Have you been on drug lately? Or you're drinking right now? jk, really ^_^
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Dunceney
Regular
Completed: Untold Myth 1st Tale
Projects: Untold Myth 2nd Tale

#32 Post by Dunceney »

If you mean drinking clear water then, yes XDD

Anima
Veteran
Completed: Loren
Projects: PS2

#33 Post by Anima »

This common hatred for physics is really disheartening, you know. Maybe I should rethink my choice of subjects, even if that might be a little late.

In high school, my most hated subjects were art, music, PE, physics.
Now in university there is nothing worse than the Pedagogy 101 classes. So much emptiness hidden beneath pretty words.
Avatar created with this deviation by Crysa
Currently working on:
  • Winterwolves "Planet Stronghold 2" - RPG Framework: Phase III

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#34 Post by OtomeWeekend »

out-of-topic: Gosh, this topic became popular overnight! XD

Forgot to add: I also hate Home Economics. I can never learn to fry an egg.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

redcat
Regular

#35 Post by redcat »

@otome--> ah, that reminds me... what are the subjects that you learn at school in Japan?
I wonder if the difference is significant between US, Europe, Japan, and the rest of the world
Meowwngg...??

LVUER
King of Lolies

#36 Post by LVUER »

Why don't we all write down what subject we learned at our high-school then? Let me first, this is what I learned at Indonesia Private Catholic High-school:
- Christian Theology
- Indonesian Language
- Citizenship Education (I don't know the equivalent English subject, this is only the rough translation)
- Economy
- Accounting
- Geography
- Sociology
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Mathematics
- Biology
- English
- Physical Education
- Computer Information Technology (just a fancy way of saying "learning all kind of computer softwares)
- Art (mainly drawing)
- Music
- Theater
- Handicraft (yeah, boys also need to learn knitting and things like that, bummer -_- )
- Pencak Silat (Indonesia's traditional martial arts)

Aaaand, yeah, we have to study ALL of them... no exception.

At 3rd year, there are some new subjects, but if we take social major, all science major subjects are omitted (and vice-verse).
Last edited by LVUER on Fri May 20, 2011 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#37 Post by OtomeWeekend »

redcat wrote:@otome--> ah, that reminds me... what are the subjects that you learn at school in Japan?
I wonder if the difference is significant between US, Europe, Japan, and the rest of the world
I don't really think they change that much. Besides I'm only a 2nd year junior high school now in Fukuda Minami Chuu. Here are our subjects X(:
-English(they started learning english in first year junior high so I have advantages having philippines learning it since kinder)
-Math
-Home Economics(cooking)
-Home Economics(gardening, livelihood)
-Physical Education
-Music
-Art
-Science
-Geography
-World History
-Japanese History
-History
-Japanese Literature(literature, kanji and etc. X( )
Well, that's all our subjects... :)

The difference in philippines and japan is that in philippines Mapeh(music, art pe, health) are together that i can't even read a single note X( I'm having a hard time here now in japan...since we need to play an alto recorder. Also in PE..... X((
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#38 Post by LVUER »

Wa, only that? I thought Japan high school will have even more subjects than my country 0_0

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forget. In my school, you have to choose one additional subject, but you could choose between Chinese Language and Visual Design (Photoshop). Though you will learn Photoshop in 2nd grade anyway, most students pick that over Chinese Language (obviously).

DeviantArt Account

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#39 Post by OtomeWeekend »

LVUER wrote:Wa, only that? I thought Japan high school will have even more subjects than my country 0_0

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forget. In my school, you have to choose one additional subject, but you could choose between Chinese Language and Visual Design (Photoshop). Though you will learn Photoshop in 2nd grade anyway, most students pick that over Chinese Language (obviously).
Like I said, I'm only in JUNIOR high school (chuu-gakkou). ^_^ I heard that there are more in high school like civics, foreign language etc. but i don't really know :/

redcat
Regular

#40 Post by redcat »

@LVUER--> you have theater & Pencak Silat class as independent subjects?

@otome--> Hm.. what about the schoolday/schoolhours? is it still the same as in Philippines? What about uniform? I wonder if Chuu-gakkou students wear buruma during PE class... :mrgreen:

I've left schoolyard for years, so I've mostly forgotten what my school life was like.
I took public school for elementary, Junior, and High School. All student must wear uniform at school (white shirt + grey skirt/trousers for high school). School days are Monday to Saturday, from 7 AM to 12.30 PM
Academic calendar start in July, and we use semester system (except the elementary school which still use trimester system).

Similar to LVUER, I learned these subjects during my High School (it may have changed in recent years) :
- Theology --> made you a religious person
- Pancasila (some kind of moral education)
- History of National Struggle
- National and World history
- Indonesian Language
- Economics/accounting
- Geography
- P.E
- Art & Music
- Home Economics (cooking, knitting, whatever...)
- Math
- Biology
- Physics
- Chemistry
- English Language
- Electro & Computer

During Elementary and Junior High, we also have to learn about regional language (it's called BAHASA SUNDA). There are so many regional language in our country, because each land in Indonesia has it's own language.
Meowwngg...??

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#41 Post by OtomeWeekend »

redcat wrote:
@otome--> Hm.. what about the schoolday/schoolhours? is it still the same as in Philippines? What about uniform? I wonder if Chuu-gakkou students wear buruma during PE class... :mrgreen:
Not at all. Unlike in philippines, we only have 5-6 subjects each day while philippines has them all in one day. School hours starts at 7:00 in philippines and 8:30 here, we go home at 4:00 in philippines but you go home at 3 in here except if you have club(like me, i'm an art club member), you go home by around 5.

Uniform is: Winter: girls: blazer, bowtie,blouse, skirt(you can't raise it up above your knee but all students do it), long socks, white shoes. boy: gakuran, cutter.

summer: girls: blouse, bowtie, skirt(same rule as above),long socks white shoes boys: same with girls without the bowtie and skirt.

haha, we have bloomers but like, short shorts not the panty-like ones. and we use long pants on winter.

*gosh, i got completely out of topic, even though its my own topic X_x

LVUER
King of Lolies

#42 Post by LVUER »

@redcat:
Yes, we have it separated -_- So tiring. That's why we have at least 2 days where we have to come at 6:30AM and go home at 5:00PM. About Sundanese Language, fortunately, I only need to study that while I was still at junior high-school.

@OtomeWeekend:
Even those who goes home at 3PM have their own club. It's called "Going Home Club", isn't it ^_^

DeviantArt Account

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#43 Post by KomiTsuku »

I took eight classes a day (trimesters, so I took roughly 24 classes a year), managed roughly a dozen clubs, and I did not live in Japan. No uniforms, thankfully. I do not ever want to relive those days. :x

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#44 Post by OtomeWeekend »

LVUER wrote: @OtomeWeekend:
Even those who goes home at 3PM have their own club. It's called "Going Home Club", isn't it ^_^
Gosh, completely forgot about the ''Kitaku Bu'' or the so-called "going home club"XDD

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#45 Post by Alera »

I don't hate, but really dislike:

PE!!! I seriously can't do all the stuff the stupid teacher wants us to. =A=

Also, despite of that I'm an artist- my art classes at school really annoy me. >.< Mainly because of my weird teacher. He needs to get his head examined-seriously. He's sick minded. So hard to deal with that. And he is always serious, talks ridicules stuff and is never joking. =_=

I think this matter, hating subjects and stuff- really depends on the teachers. It's all about how they teach and deal with problems for example when you are having difficulties with the subject.
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)