What is your religion?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: What is your religion?

#31 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I WAS a Catholic. But after all this condoms and family planning issues that the church keep on sticking their nose in, I am currently looking for a new one. Japanese don't really have particular religion and I might end up like that too.

I mean, would the church feed our hungry tummy if Philippines got too much populated that people will use their animal instinct and kill others to survive? Yeah, it might be a fault to the bible but how bout the people who weren't in the same religion that wants to use condom and family planning cause they want to live peacefully and abundantly? I'm particularly bothered by this kind of actions the church take as it was in our law that the church and the government has nothing whatsoever connection and that the church has no right to object in any government related topics(I at least listened to my social studies teacher, seriously)

Anyways, I completely got out of topic but yeah, I'm in search of a new religion.... though I think if you believe in God, whatever religion you are doesn't give a damn on it.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#32 Post by Elenakiara »

Me, I'm a christian, mostly leaning towards protestant because I'm not too much a fan of the Pope. xD I even preferred the last one! :3
He had his birthday the same day and month as me! :3 <3
I was born in Russia, so my family kind of baptised me as a baby in a russian orthodoxe church. xD But then when I grew older, I just started believing on my own. My grandmother calls me an old granny for believing while I'm young though. ^^;;

I feel slightly bad in public schools and the public sector though, because a guy's mom put a small nativity scene on her desk and got yelled at for that. Any other religions here get 'special treatment', so they can put some of their small symbols up. xD That's the only thing that makes me uneasy, as it's now more 'accepted' for christians to get bashed over any other religion. Another religion gets laughed at, now -that's- wrong. I do understand that it's there to try and make them feel more accepted, but still... :S
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

Neyma

#33 Post by Neyma »

just something in my mind...

What do you really think about God and satan?

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#34 Post by Taleweaver »

OtomeWeekend wrote:Japanese don't really have particular religion and I might end up like that too.
AAAAAGH!

Actually, the Japanese even have two major religions, and most Japanese follow both: Shintoism and Buddhism.

Shintoism is the belief that you share the same world with myriads of small spirits and big gods, and essentially everything has a god or spirit that symbolizes it. Mountains, forests, animals, rivers, even principles (one of the most revered gods is Hotei, the god of abundance and good health). There are even very strange gods like Awashima, who lays used sewing needles to rest. Every Japanese-born man and woman is a part of the Shinto community; you cannot "convert" to Shintoism, you can only choose not to follow it.

Zen Buddhism is very well explained in this article.

As for myself, I'm a protestant Christian.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#35 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I always thought the Japanese were slightly funny when it came to religion. They can have a Shinto birth, a Christian wedding and Buddhist burial and think nothing of it. Some of them have strong religious ties though. Christianity has been in Japan for a very long time (though it didn't go down well with the emperor).

I'm personally agonistic, leaning towards atheist. I go by the theory that if I can't disprove it than I will assume it is possible. Just possible in different probabilities. I'm not exactly a nihilist, though I don't believe in a meaning beyond life itself. And I find solipsism funny to think about, though none of these are actually religions at all...

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#36 Post by Silvere »

Let´s say I have my own mind on what´s happening, therefore I would say I somehow ´ve got my own religion.
Yay, I´m someone special! ...^^

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#37 Post by RemnantDream »

Pastafarianism always interested me. xD

Really, I've just given up on religion. Maybe later on in life, I'll find something I believe in but right now, I'm not interested.

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#38 Post by manga_otaku »

I'm a science girl.
BBT all the way!
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Silvere
Veteran

#39 Post by Silvere »

What? You are a girl? No way! ._.

Okay, it was pitiful try to get my revenge, but.. yeah, I´m kinda sad and so... you.. you hurt my feelings.. I.. I... .. go away. Just go away. Leave me alone. Alone in the dark corner of my room. Yeah. The room. The only friendly room that sees me as a guy. Yeah. That´s it. Bye. *cry*

BTT: BBT !? Ha, and who created the whole universe? Naaah, where´s your sciene know? *Is very superb with his arguments* Vote 4 most epic Guy evaaaa! (Yeah, GUY)

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

#40 Post by Voight-Kampff »

manga_otaku wrote:I'm a science girl.
BBT all the way!
Funny you should mention that...

I grew up Protestant. But over time, I've come to realize that the interpretation of God, as defined by men who lived in primitive societies, can't possibly be the end-all, be-all description of God.

That being said, I do certainly believe in some sort of...consciousness, some sort of will, in the universe. And if quantum theory proves to be true, then science effectively insists that "God" exists. After all, quantum theory states that every potential choice or decision that can exist does exist. Humans are only capable of experiencing one choice at a time.

I mean, think of it in terms of a branching visual novel. You start out at the beining - of the multiverse. Your choices are "Start with God" or "Start without God". It doesn't really matter which choice is made. Since both can exist, both do exist. Consequently, whether we live in a universe without God or not, there's an infinite number of universes in the multiverse in which God does exist.

Or...maybe not. :lol:

manga_otaku
Veteran

#41 Post by manga_otaku »

Silvere wrote:What? You are a girl? No way! ._.
Okay, it was pitiful try to get my revenge, but.. yeah, I´m kinda sad and so... you.. you hurt my feelings.. I.. I... .. go away. Just go away. Leave me alone. Alone in the dark corner of my room. Yeah. The room. The only friendly room that sees me as a guy. Yeah. That´s it. Bye. *cry*
LOL.
Silvere wrote:BTT: BBT !? Ha, and who created the whole universe? Naaah, where´s your sciene know? *Is very superb with his arguments* Vote 4 most epic Guy evaaaa! (Yeah, GUY)
We all came from a single cell organism which divided and we all became what we are today -o-
Projects:
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Silvere
Veteran

#42 Post by Silvere »

Voight-Kampff wrote: I mean, think of it in terms of a branching visual novel. You start out at the beining - of the multiverse. Your choices are "Start with God" or "Start without God". It doesn't really matter which choice is made. Since both can exist, both do exist. Consequently, whether we live in a universe without God or not, there's an infinite number of universes in the multiverse in which God does exist.
I can see where you are coming from. And I like this.
But - For the peace of this thread: Stay away with this. xD

Edit:
We all came from a single cell organism which divided and we all became what we are today -o-
Yeah, and what created that cell organism? BA-DA-DAAAAAM. Now I won. \o/

And what´s there to LOL about? *CRYS AND RUNS OFF*

manga_otaku
Veteran

#43 Post by manga_otaku »

Silvere wrote:
Yeah, and what created that cell organism? BA-DA-DAAAAAM. Now I won. \o/
It just appeared because of the reactions that happened during the BB.
Silvere wrote:And what´s there to LOL about? *CRYS AND RUNS OFF*
There's always something to LOL about ;)
Projects:

Silvere
Veteran

#44 Post by Silvere »

manga_otaku wrote:It just appeared because of the reactions that happened during the BB.
Which was caused because off.... !?
Mwhahaha!
There's always something to LOL about
Even when hurting someones special feelings? That´s not the fine way. :<

manga_otaku
Veteran

#45 Post by manga_otaku »

Silvere wrote:
manga_otaku wrote:It just appeared because of the reactions that happened during the BB.
Which was caused because off.... !?
Mwhahaha!
Well it depends. Some religious people, including the Pope, now accept the BBT in the case that it was God who created the BB to create the world. Therefore it pleases both parties. Yet, the BBT probably occurred due to the ending life of a star, creating a supernova, sending elements and its outer layer across the universe. Technically, you cannot explain why this happens - it just does. It's a natural occurrence.
Silvere wrote:
manga_otaku wrote:There's always something to LOL about
Even when hurting someones special feelings? That´s not the fine way. :<
Well your antics are funny for a 18 year old male :'3 It's like you're being bullied by this 16 year old female here xD
Projects: