What is your religion?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mapletaffy
Regular

Re: What is your religion?

#151 Post by mapletaffy »

I'm a catholic but sometimes, an atheist. Just sometimes. >.< I'm really confused.

Old Hero
Regular
Completed: Soon, my friend. Soon.
Projects: Untitled, right now

#152 Post by Old Hero »

wat

AlexisQuinn
Completed: Shadows In The Darkness
Projects: FearLove, Internet: A Murder Mystery
Organization: Veria

#153 Post by AlexisQuinn »

o.o'
Ehm....
I would say more of a Personificistic Universealist in that I envision the scientific mechanics of the universe as some sort of deity to make it easier to "talk to".

Cochise
Regular

#154 Post by Cochise »

mystic with some values of atheism (like a world of chaos without will(s) commanding him.

Androol
Regular
Projects: IW421 Games: Search of a sister

#155 Post by Androol »

Total atheist.
No soul, no god, no afterlife of any kind, no luck, no magic, no astrology. I am pretty sure i miss some magic thinking i don't belive in either.

I like all this in fiction anyway.:twisted:

Sochie

#156 Post by Sochie »

Agnostic.

Shh, my parent don't know though. They think i'm still faithful.

Gambit74
Regular

#157 Post by Gambit74 »

I'm a shamanist in name only, but I have my own beliefs about life and the world. They're pretty much influenced by both shamanism and science, but it doesn't really fall exclusively under either category. So basically it's a mixture of the two.
Nothing to see here, folks. For now, anyway...

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#158 Post by WatchJessieGo »

There are many names for it, but the last one I heard was "Liberal Christian Universalism." I don't believe in a judgemental God, I believe everyone goes to Heaven, I don't believe being gay is a sin, stuff like that.
I haven't exactly decided what I believe in terms of Jesus and stuff, since my belief that everyone goes to Heaven kind of brings up the issue of what Jesus would have died for, but I get the feeling that I believe in Jesus regardless... So yeah. Religion is confusing stuff. XD

Daggett
Regular
Projects: The Gensoukyou Conspiracy (suspended), The Tribulation Of a Torn Anima (suspended), The Gensoukyou Project Funsized Edition
Organization: None

#159 Post by Daggett »

Eclectic Animist.
Individuality's fine... As long as we all do it together.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#160 Post by Gear »

Google search isn't giving me much, other than the fact that it's a sub-genre (for lack of a better term atm) of Paganism. Can you elaborate, Daggett?
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Van Knox
Regular

#161 Post by Van Knox »

I'm an apatheist. When I was younger I used to be quite the atheist and when I was younger still I used to be very religious. Then after high school ended, I sort of realized I didn't care much about having or not having a religion. This ended up being the denomination that made the most sense for me.

Daggett
Regular
Projects: The Gensoukyou Conspiracy (suspended), The Tribulation Of a Torn Anima (suspended), The Gensoukyou Project Funsized Edition
Organization: None

#162 Post by Daggett »

Gear wrote:Google search isn't giving me much, other than the fact that it's a sub-genre (for lack of a better term atm) of Paganism. Can you elaborate, Daggett?
I'm sorry I didn't notice your reply until now. Sorry.

Animism is the belief that non-human entities are spiritual beings as well. As for eclectic, it means someone who does not belong to any recognized school of thought, but selects doctrines as they wished from various schools of thought.
So, basically, it means I have the most in common with Animism, but I learn from other religions to form a custom belief system that doesn't fall under any category. Does that clear it up?
Individuality's fine... As long as we all do it together.

Ragtag

#163 Post by Ragtag »

I was born a catholic but somehow I keep thinking I lean more towards atheist. Well, I suppose there is no problem though.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#164 Post by Gear »

Daggett wrote:
Gear wrote:Google search isn't giving me much, other than the fact that it's a sub-genre (for lack of a better term atm) of Paganism. Can you elaborate, Daggett?
I'm sorry I didn't notice your reply until now. Sorry.

Animism is the belief that non-human entities are spiritual beings as well. As for eclectic, it means someone who does not belong to any recognized school of thought, but selects doctrines as they wished from various schools of thought.
So, basically, it means I have the most in common with Animism, but I learn from other religions to form a custom belief system that doesn't fall under any category. Does that clear it up?
Yes, that does. Thank you.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Dakishimete
Regular
Projects: The Cave
Organization: Fudaki Productions

#165 Post by Dakishimete »

Scientist. What caused me to be an atheist