What is your religion?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

Re: What is your religion?

#121 Post by Wright1000 »

Enigma wrote: There are bad people who CLAIM to follow every religion
Just because someone claims to follow every religion does not mean that he/she is "bad." You can say they are misguided.
Only those people who kill others in the name of religion only fit my description of "evil". Whatever people claim, whatever they preach, whatever they follow is completely up to them as long as they don't hurt anyone.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#122 Post by LVUER »

Now guys, this thread is about "what is your religion", not which is right and which is not right. So please stick to the topic ;) When talking about religions, we could talk and talk for 1000 pages and there will still be no conclusion that satisfies every body. Religion is, after all, one of the sensitive issues.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Enigma
Veteran

#123 Post by Enigma »

Wright1000 wrote:
Enigma wrote: There are bad people who CLAIM to follow every religion
Just because someone claims to follow every religion does not mean that he/she is "bad." You can say they are misguided.
Only those people who kill others in the name of religion only fit my description of "evil". Whatever people claim, whatever they preach, whatever they follow is completely up to them as long as they don't hurt anyone.
You misunderstand let me rephrase, there are bad people in all religions. What im trying to say is youll find bad people no matter which religion you look at.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#124 Post by Wright1000 »

papillon wrote:
Unfortunately, there's no way to check whether a guy still a virgin or not (T___T) unfair, don't you think.
There's no actual way to check whether a girl is, either. Unfortunately, many people think there is.
You forgot about that thing called lie detector?
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

J. Datie
Veteran

#125 Post by J. Datie »

Wright1000 wrote:You forgot about that thing called lie detector?
By lie detector, do you mean the heavily flawed polygraph?

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#126 Post by LVUER »

We could always learn micro expression or hire Cal Lightman... cough, I mean Paul Ekman ;P
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#127 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

My faith is none of your damn business. :) Then again, I find it a more personal question than most.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Kylock
Regular

#128 Post by Kylock »

Atheist, but in the way that I don't really care what your beliefs are as long as you afford me the same favor. (And, you know, assuming your beliefs don't involve eating babies or some such.)

hugolino
Regular
Projects: Being Thursday

#129 Post by hugolino »

In response to the original post, I am a Christian. To be specific, I'm a devout and unapologetic Roman Catholic. :)

Lumella
Regular
Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
Organization: Unis

#130 Post by Lumella »

I'm a Catholic, but not that devoted. I believe in God's word but with more open-mindedness. I've always viewed my God is the same as the rest of the higher beings from different religions. I believe they're all the same and wishes for us to live a principled life. Of course, that's just my opinion. I just pay respect to other people's religions and not force them into my faith.
ImageImageImageImage

Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active

CERA
Completed: LINEAR - Chapter I
Projects: LINEAR - Chapter II & a dress-up flash game.
Organization: CERA Studios

#131 Post by CERA »

I'm agnostic, but I do have a spiritual side and try to follow the Buddhist mental philosophies as best I can, technically it's not a religion though.

Although, I was raised in a Roman Catholic family, was forced to attend Sunday school for years, went to a strict Catholic school... So I did come from a heavily religious background. (My parents being a mix of Italian, Dutch and Maltese).

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#132 Post by teacup »

I believe in a higher power who may or may not be 'God', however, I am very opposed to the idea of organized religions.
The last time I went to church, it was Baptist and I was around eight years old. The church was money obsessed and that gave me a negative opinion of churches, so by the time I was twelve, I started to form my own beliefs. I've never really wanted to associate myself with any certain religious affiliation, though. I've been told that my beliefs fall into the realm of 'agnostic theism', but I don't have the need to label myself as such... I just believe in what I believe: there is a higher power which I know nothing about, other than that it is my creator.
When I try to explain my beliefs to people I typically get confused looks, but hey, it makes sense to me. It doesn't have to make sense to anyone else. ^_^;

GoodHenry

#133 Post by GoodHenry »

teacup wrote: The last time I went to church, it was Baptist and I was around eight years old. The church was money obsessed and that gave me a negative opinion of churches, so by the time I was twelve, I started to form my own beliefs.
Not all churches are like that. There are some churches that help people when they are in need. So, just because one or two churches are corrupt, it does not mean that Christianity is a "bad" religion. Nor does not it mean that Jesus Christ was a "bad" person. So, don't judge religions like that.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#134 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I'm leaning to buddhism recently because i believe in reincarnation---sorry, that's taken from can you keep a secret? by sophie kinsella XDD

Just wanted to say this light joke ^^; *runs away*
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#135 Post by teacup »

GoodHenry wrote:
teacup wrote: The last time I went to church, it was Baptist and I was around eight years old. The church was money obsessed and that gave me a negative opinion of churches, so by the time I was twelve, I started to form my own beliefs.
Not all churches are like that. There are some churches that help people when they are in need. So, just because one or two churches are corrupt, it does not mean that Christianity is a "bad" religion. Nor does not it mean that Jesus Christ was a "bad" person. So, don't judge religions like that.
Please point out exactly where I said Christianity and Jesus were bad.
I don't think you can, considering I never even mentioned those two words, lol.
I had a bad experience with churches and therefor I am entitled to my opinion on them.
So please, don't put words in my mouth. Thank you. :)