What is your religion?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

What is your religion?

#1 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I really wanted to know if Christianity is the reigning religion orz xD

No, really, at Filipino class last time, we started talking about some law that ALL politicians are arguing about. But when I take in about my side, it seems religion, really, has a big thing to do about it. Seriously, I talk on it from what I heard from priests and preachers O_O and they all seem to talk so smartly without thinking if the sky'll fall on them xD

And I understand being friends with another religion. My bestfriend, Trisha, is a Baptist, while LJ is a I.N.C. (Iglesia ni Cristo). The rest of my friend circle, all Catholics xD So I don't really mind even though I'm friends with somebody with a different belief xD

Thanks, and I really wanted to know, because I believe it will make me act better here, and to avoid myself from speaking on preacher stuff here LOL xD

J. Datie
Veteran

Re: What is your religion?

#2 Post by J. Datie »

I tried to check my religious value, but it came back as null.

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#3 Post by manga_otaku »

Agnostic - but more on the atheist side than theist I suppose xD
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#4 Post by RemnantDream »

I was raised in a Christian family, been in church since I was born, and go to a Christian school. But I don't believe any of it.

I finally realized that what I thought was my belief was what had been shoved into my head since I was born. People tell me all the time that I'm lucky to go to a private Christian school, but really, I'm not. I used to love God and all that but then I got to school and the people there ruined it for me. Going to a Christian school actually pushed me away from religion.

And my family pushed me away too. The older generations of my family are extremely conservative. I enjoy screamo/rock, tattoos, piercings, and dyed hair. They all see those as "sins". Since I plan to pierce a good portion of my face, get several tattoos, and dye my hair odd colors, I don't think I'm going to fit in at family reunions in the future..

I don't know what I actually am.. Probably like manga_otaku where I'm more atheist/agnostic. The thing is, I really don't care. I'm not interested in any religion because I've learned about the majority of them at school and they're all so alike.

I do believe though that something created the world. I refuse to believe that all this spawned out of nothing. But then there's the question "Well, where did that 'something' come from?" and all that. I'm a details person. I like to know where things came from, how they got there, and stuff like that. Blind faith is hard for me.

Sorry for rambling. Religion frustrates me xD But I enjoy talking about it because I love discussions and hearing(reading) other people's opinions.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#5 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I also study on a Catholic school before I was transferred on a public government school, so I really have to get used being with other religions.

And if that's what you think, well, I can't change that. I understand. I really encounter people that even though what's written on their forms are Roman Catholic, they don't really believe it. Heck, one of my bestfriends is like that.

And don't worry about it. Even though I feel a bit bad about it, I admit...

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by HigurashiKira »

I'm Catholic, though not very faithful ^^;
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#7 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Almost everybody I met who's Catholic also isn't that faithful, so don't worry xD

manga_otaku
Veteran

#8 Post by manga_otaku »

When I told my mum I think I didn't believe in God, she scolded me and said I had to believe in God because I was a daughter of Guan Yi? O.o
Last edited by manga_otaku on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects:
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

sorani
Veteran

#9 Post by sorani »

I'm not that religious and I don't really know what I believe in. I actually don't know what my family believes in, so I suppose I don't have a well defined religion. :|
I do however believe in some aspects of reincarnation, some Buddhist beliefs, and agnostic beliefs. I sometimes think that I could be a realist, but i don't know. :?
Actually, what I like to believe in is the Goddess of Luck. :lol:

RemnantDream
Veteran

#10 Post by RemnantDream »

My family would freak if I told them I wasn't a Christian. Rehy did ejentey found out I had Satanic friends.

This woman told me that if you didn worship God you worshipped Satan. So she basically called me a Satanist.

manga_otaku
Veteran

#11 Post by manga_otaku »

My mum doesn't really care. We're not a very religious family, but when we go back to Hong Kong my grandma makes me bow with incense sticks which falls onto my hands to Gods and Goddesses =.=
RemnantDream wrote:Rehy did ejentey found out I had Satanic friends.
Are you on an iPod or did you just go crazy with spelling for a second there? xD
Projects:

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#12 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Hahahaha, I read a little on a book about a Satanic chapel once. And it's scary O_O
Well, I read it on a book about cannibals, so you get my idea.
Last edited by Lumen_Astrum on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RemnantDream
Veteran

#13 Post by RemnantDream »

IPod fail xD
Translation: They did when they found out I had Satanic friends.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#14 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

You'd expect they would really freak out. Just talk about devils and demons drives my mom crazy.

manga_otaku
Veteran

#15 Post by manga_otaku »

Urgh. I hate it when my iPod does that. My fingers get in the way and I'm like =o="
I've never had a Satanic friend - I think I met a convertor in town once. I ran away >3<"
My mum doesn't really care about demons and devils - she just gives me a weird look T_T
Projects: