What is your religion?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
jdeisenberg

Re: What is your religion?

#91 Post by jdeisenberg »

Jew by birth, atheist by choice.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#92 Post by Riviera »

I bounce between atheism and agnosticism. Still trying to figure out what I really believe. I was raised christian.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#93 Post by azureXtwilight »

Catholic, born and by choice.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#94 Post by SilverxBlue »

I was born a Catholic, but I honestly don't know my religion anymore. I mean, my father is a Born again Christian and my mother is a Catholic, and whenever I reside in my father's house they make me attend to their church, but whenever I live with my mother's side of the family they make me attend the Catholic mass. D:
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

emeraldgreen

#95 Post by emeraldgreen »

Christian by birth and choice... :3
at least I think...it's my choice...? =.=
I honestly don't know anymore D:
Still trying to find myself and the truth out there in the world somewhere >.<
-----*-----*-----*-----
the PEN is greater than the SWORD
the PUN is greater than the WORD
=w= >w< MEOW owo -w-
"Resistance is FUTILE. You will be ASSIMILATED, and ALL your code will SERVE the collective!"

Thelo
Regular

#96 Post by Thelo »

I stopped believing in religion around the same time as I stopped believing in Santa Claus. I've never felt any urge to "return" to either, for approximately the same reasons.

AlexisPius
Projects: "On Media"

#97 Post by AlexisPius »

What a coincidence, I've actually been coming up with my own religion recently. It is sort of a combination of Euhemerism, ancestor worship, and classic polytheism.

The main idea is that once you die, you are elevated to another plane of existence. There, you can have great powers or great weaknesses based on a number of factors - mainly how you behaved in life. You may use some of these powers to influence the human world.

Building on this idea, all "gods" were once humans. Beings like "Zeus," "Krishna," and "Yahweh" were simply prehistoric kings who managed to amass great power in the afterlife.

You can influence either "gods", historical figures, or your own ancestors, if you wish to do so. You may do this through activities like prayer, worship, or sacrifice.

And good news - we're accepting converts if anyone's interested.

LeandroP
Regular

#98 Post by LeandroP »

Agnostic, but I like reading and hearing about other people's thought about death, life and unknown phenomenon's of the world.
The least important things, sometimes, my dear boy, lead to the greatest discoveries.
Would write your VN for character's sprites.

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#99 Post by dramspringfeald »

Agnostic here. there may be a god, there may be something out there but the people in charge of your religious institutions are not much better then Used Car Salesmen. these people don't care about you, they only care about taking your money and your freedom.

Not really that Offensive because I'm including all religion there.
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#100 Post by silenteve »

I think Agnostic?
I mean, I think that there may be a God, but he obviously doesn't care. He dumped us here on earth to make our own kingdoms, like he did with earth. :p
Personally, I find religion to be worthless. I don't believe in anything except what I can see and feel and if that's fake, then fine.
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

#101 Post by Michiyo6918 »

I'm Buddhist... actually my family is Buddhist so my default is Buddhist though I'm not that faithful :_: (And right now I'm in a Catholic high school and has to go to Mass every now and then =]])

My best friend is Catholic, before when I talked about demon and devil to her she would freak out but now if I tell her "Go to hell!" she would laugh and said "I would like to do that!" (we have an inside joke about this, I would never said that to her, if I said it it would go with "No don't go to hell!! You're not worthy enough!!") because apparently I have shown her a lot of hot guy that belong to hell (Sebastien from Kuroshitsuji, Satan, Lucifer) and most of the bishounen I drew are demon-jerk =]]
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#102 Post by Snow Blossom »

I'd say agnostic, slightly on the atheist side. Truthfully, I'd love to believe whole-heartedly in a religion, but too many parts of real life make me feel that it's impossible.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#103 Post by HigurashiKira »

Catholic, though not entirely faithful.

I go to church only during special events (Like Ash Wednsday, Palm Sunday, etc.) though usually I don't go, nor do I pray often ^^;
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Zylinder
Veteran

#104 Post by Zylinder »

Agnostic, with some leanings towards the atheist side. Nothing much against religion itself, but I hate people who use it as an excuse for persecution, crimes, zealotry and all that something strong.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#105 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I sort of noticed lots of people here are either agnostic or atheists. :) I can't really change that. If that's what you believe, I can't do anything about it.

@Zylinder: Well, even though I'm a strong Catholic, I don't really want to give "It's against God's commandments" as a reason why you shouldn't do faults. It's not just that. We can give lots more reason why we shouldn't do "the bad things", and not just because of our faith.