Sexism - BvsG OK! GvsB - No?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

Re: Sexism - BvsG OK! GvsB - No?

#16 Post by manga_otaku »

Samu-kun wrote:
manga_otaku wrote:Well a man standing in the women's underwear department would generally be labelled gay or perverted :)
Or a very good boyfriend who's man enough to buy his girlfriend panties. =w=-
Has one suffered this treatment? *gigl*
*hands digital cookies*
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

J. Datie
Veteran

#17 Post by J. Datie »

Samu-kun wrote:
manga_otaku wrote:Well a man standing in the women's underwear department would generally be labelled gay or perverted :)
He'd probably get labeled as "gay". Somehow.
Fawn wrote:Is it sexism for a girl to prefer fictional females to real females?
I think that would count as... existing...ism?

manga_otaku
Veteran

#18 Post by manga_otaku »

Maybe it's jealousy of fictional life?
Projects:
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#19 Post by LVUER »

Samu-kun wrote:
Will a good boyfriend buy his girlfriend panties as a present? (o_O)
I think most girl would freak out, especially when they never do "that" or the boy never see the girl in underwear or at least bathing suit.

Girl: How did you know my measurement?
Boy: ...
Girl: Aha! Now I know who took my favorite panty! (#゚Д゚)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#20 Post by RemnantDream »

Riviera wrote:Some of us can't help it that we like our hair ruffled and our tummies rubbed.

Protip: Don't do that to random strangers. :D
That's always fun to do though D:
Fawn wrote:Also, in response to the department store thing: The women there are usually quite old too. I love little old ladies but I don't exactly like them taking my measurements... It feels weird.
Ohmygod I know. It's so weird. The lady that I went to last time is this tiny little thing. She could barely fit her arms around me which made me feel big and/or fat.
manga_otaku wrote:Well a man standing in the women's underwear department would generally be labelled gay or perverted
In this store in my mall, the girls' bra section is smackdab in the middle right next to the guys' clothes. It's always hilarious to be in there and just kinda wander through the bras because some guy is always looking at you. Plus it gives you a great opportunity to find out what size your guy friends would wear xD

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#21 Post by Sapphi »

LVUER wrote: One thing that I don't like is how males could ask for kids support/allowance (I don't know the exact English word for this). But basically, you get money for each kids you have (up to 3 and varied from country to country, like I believe China only allowed up to 1 kid). This type of support is only available for male workers (single parent or not) but there's none for female single parent whatever the reason. Oh, and male also have wife support/allowance while female don't have husband support/allowance...
I think the (American) English term for that is "child support". But your version seems a little different from my country's. (Does the support in your country come from the government?) Over here in the USA, child support is what men have to pay when they have fathered a child but either aren't married to the mother or have divorced, so she doesn't get stuck supporting all the kids. I'm pretty sure it can go the other way too (mother paying father instead) but I don't think it happens as often. And if the person who's supposed to be paying the support doesn't make payments, the money can be taken out of their check.
I wouldn't say so, but I'd say it's a weird phenomenon... I'm a straight girl and I obsess over certain fictional female characters just as much as male ones (don't get me started, seriously :P ) and would rather play BxG than the other way around :lol: And I don't think it's an issue of confused sexual identity, either, since I've never actually seen real girls as potential partners, but I have a silly habit of developing weird crushes on practically every guy that gives me more than the time of day... (I think it's just because I'm a really shy person and it's the law of the universe that I must have ample sources of potential embarrassment at all times.) So... I think it's just Konata syndrome.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#22 Post by Samu-kun »

It's actually not that hard to explain. Moe appeals to people's wish to protect something that's small and innocent. Women feel attracted little girls because they want to protect them and make them theirs.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#23 Post by Fawn »

So, basically, if you like baby animals, you like moe :)

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#24 Post by Silvere »

No, Fawn, 'cause EVERYBODY MUST LIKE baby animals. ._.

manga_otaku
Veteran

#25 Post by manga_otaku »

Newborn dogs and cats scare me. But then they go fluffy :3
Projects:

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#26 Post by Silvere »

You, dear girl, are scary!

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Applegate »

LVUER wrote:
lordcloudx wrote:A good example is in the department store. Whenever you go into the section for men's underwear, they always have attractive young female attendants there. On the other hand, when you go into the women's intimate apparel section, they also have nothing but female attendants there. Where's the equality? :twisted:
I don't know the real reason or perhaps this is just the case in my country... but I think this is because women themselves wouldn't feel comfortable if the underwear store is attended by males (and I believe women are more suitable for the job anyway). How if they are perverts who loves to peek. How if they want to ask for advice on choosing the right underwear.
Women can also be perverted!

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#28 Post by Sapphi »

Samu-kun wrote:It's actually not that hard to explain. Moe appeals to people's wish to protect something that's small and innocent. Women feel attracted little girls because they want to protect them and make them theirs.
Good insight... but... my favorite female characters don't usually run along that spectrum :lol: (My favorite characters are usually the cold, commanding, sometimes sadistic and always very pretty ladies :mrgreen: )
Fawn wrote:So, basically, if you like baby animals, you like moe :)
Hmm... what about the people who like moe, love baby (and non-baby) animals, but aren't that excited about human babies? My brain... it are wired wrong!
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#29 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

LVUER wrote:Will a good boyfriend buy his girlfriend panties as a present? (o_O)
I think most girl would freak out, especially when they never do "that" or the boy never see the girl in underwear or at least bathing suit.

Girl: How did you know my measurement?
Boy: ...
Girl: Aha! Now I know who took my favorite panty! (#゚Д゚)
I think this applies more to 20+ couples and more common in the western countries. They most definitely would be beyond the naked phase.
There are not a great deal of men who are game enough to step into a lingerie store though and some of them look so flustered when they do, like they want to bolt.
It was to be done delicately though if a male wants to buy a female underwear. He can't go for anything too sexy, because that would be more a present for him than her. However, if it is an older married couple, getting sexy underwear indicates he is still very interested in her and wishes to make a particular night special and she is more likely to be flattered. A female also does it of her own accord as well for obvious reasons.

There ya go, underwear buying 101. Its a science 0v0.

neowired
Regular

#30 Post by neowired »

Little boys can be moe too, it's not just girls :<
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Moe

I no like sexism *cry*