Obstacles in finishing a project / game... just curious

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Obstacles in finishing a project / game... just curious

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#2 Post by monele »

Obstacles ?... Well yea, mostly work and lazyness. Weekends have become a good time to code and make graphics though. And during the week, I sometimes have inspirational noon meals for the story.
I'm slowly getting more confident in the results as things are taking shape.

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#3 Post by Alessio »

I think that status looks really good. People will be inclined to help since you have a mostly finished version.

I'd concentrate on the coding. It should not be a big problem if you already have a completed story. After all, Ren'Py takes care of the technical part. Unless you want to program fancy effects, you'll mostly have to copy-paste the dialogues and texts. Ren'Py's final script file will consist mostly of your screenplay.

After that, you have a working version to show off to collaborators (backgrounds, music...), which will allow them to know what exactly you need for a particular scene. You could take pictures as temporary backgrounds to give an idea.

Good luck!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: Obstacles in finishing a project / game... just curious

#4 Post by lordcloudx »

mugenjohncel wrote: Possible Solution:
I think I might collaborate with other people in my project.
(Hmm... LordcloudX might be a very good choice for this one)

(Rest assured that I still am continuing my project)

So if anyone is reading my post here please don't be shy and share us your opinion, comments and suggestions.

Thanks in advance
MUGENJOHNCEL :)
Yah? So... what can I do? I'm finished with all my current projects until Yanagi finishes her story which has been put on hold for awhile. I think you'd be better than me in terms of drawing and coding though.

Since I'm used to working alone apart from some "help" with my drawings, I try to finish each aspect of the visual novel one at a time. 1 or 2 days would be devoted to finishing the story. 6 days for drawing character art, 6 more days for backgrounds, 1 day for making (or recycling from my other games) music and 1 or 2 days for coding plus the finishing touches. Oh... and the title screen usually comes last.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)