Lemma Soft Mysteries Revealed!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Lemma Soft Mysteries Revealed!

#1 Post by Blue Lemma »

Hey, everyone! So maybe you're wondering "If BL's been working on games so much, why hasn't he released anything? >:[ "

Now to finally shed some light on the subject 8)

While I have had some dead-end projects a couple years ago, I have spent a lot of time over the last several months working with a startup company in California. They're putting together a pro-quality (or at least pretty darn good quality) english ren'ai game. Their website is http://www.okashistudios.com and the game website is http://www.shira-oka.com . My job is to handle in-game statistics, minigames, and writing coordination, among other things. The head people have actually invested significant time and money in the project, so it has a good chance. It also has a good staff (heh heh) 8)

See the promo video here: http://www.shira-oka.com/media-gallery/

In Lemma Soft-specific news, the last couple months have been spent creating Hanafuda Club, a combo ren'ai/card game :P I just love mixing things together! I settled on this project due to its relatively small writing requirements and because I like hanafuda :D Right now, about 6 pages of script and 43/48 cards are done. Magi-san is on the art, so it should be a great-looking game 8) Luckily I only have 3 courses this term, so I have time for all this. It's been my new strategy to do a little bit (or a lot) everyday to maintain some discipline.

Stay tuned for more Lemma Soft mysteries revealed! :wink:

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#2 Post by papillon »

Neat! The video looks cool (although I find the voiceover a bit jarring... I think I'm happier sticking with no english voice acting myself.)

I do hope there will be affiliate options available for related companies to cross-promote whenever this gets done. :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#3 Post by mikey »

Isn't it a bit too soon though? I've been following Okashi for quite some time and to be honest the demo doesn't really prove that there is anything playable. There's the huge risk of building a community that will wait for a game - and if it's not released at a certain point, there will be expectations and then some more. And, by having the most basic of settings to work with (school story with girls), past a certain point meeting those expectations will become impossible. I really mean this, I think that the launch of the project's web presence came too soon. :( I was just about to make a ShiraOka topic in fact to discuss this, you beat me to it.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#4 Post by Blue Lemma »

I was a bit concerned about the website being premature, too, but it wasn't my decision. It's actually not a "demo video", but a *promo* video. In any case, there is a solid amount of work done so far on that project by many people. Of course in the end, only time will tell what happens. This project has many things going for it that failed big projects haven't, though.

Ren

#5 Post by Ren »

Aww, i can't see the video;_;
QuickTime says(yes, it talks to me :P) that i need another component, but not wich oneT_TAm i supposed to be a psychic to figure it out!?Be more precise silly program!

*end of useless rant*

Geez, the pictures make me jealous...*throws all of her drawings in the fire*

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#6 Post by Blue Lemma »

Try downloading the video and then opening it up with Media Player or something else (that's what I had to do)

Ren

#7 Post by Ren »

Oh, thankyou!XD
I tried before but it ended the download after a few seconds, now it's working fineO_OI guess it was just Firefox acting up...

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#8 Post by Counter Arts »

I think I've watched a bit to much promo videos of renai games. The promo video could use a bit of work IMO.

EDIT: I don't mean to be mean at all. I'm not sure of mood of the game that you want to protray as it could be more on the funny side or more on the serious side or maybe epic (I'm guessing not epic).

I'm just curious with what video editing program is being used.

RedSlash
Veteran

#9 Post by RedSlash »

Interesting promo video. Very nice art and looks like a good deal of work is being put into it. Hopefully they'll be able put out something soon.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#10 Post by Watercolorheart »

Watched it, was impressed by the animation and the art quality.

But will you be able to put out?

what, why is everyone looking at me? What did I say?

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#11 Post by rioka »

Lookin' good!

re BCS>> Yes, I agree with that. After seeing Peachsoft go down, Clearwind stalling, Hyper Bunny stuck, and with only Hanako Games coming along by itself - I'm seriously hoping Okashi will pull through.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#12 Post by mikey »

Wait, hope and not get excited too much... somehow, it's what we do all the time :)
(wow, today I'm in some sceptic mood or something)

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#13 Post by Vatina »

I finally got to a computer where I could actually watch the video ^^;

I like that art, the chibi-scene was cute :P I hope you'll be able to finish it, as the others said. It looks interesting

Quin
Regular

#14 Post by Quin »

papillon wrote:Neat! The video looks cool (although I find the voiceover a bit jarring... I think I'm happier sticking with no english voice acting myself.)
I'll second that comment. It didn't bother me that there was a voice in the video, but it really jarred me (that's the exact word, papillon!) when I realized it was English. I'm 100% a subs person, not a dubs one... so when I was seeing visual content and even music that was fitting my Nihon mind-set, I was subconsciously expecting that any speech I heard would also be Japanese. ^_^;

Aside from that, the promo caught my interest enough that I'll follow the progress of this project. It looks good, has a good feel... and I'll be curious to see how it turns out.

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

hmmm... So I guess a possible solution would be just to say random Japanese words and put subtitles for what you actually wanted to say at the bottom of the screen. ^_^