Other Games

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
The Dark One

Other Games

#1 Post by The Dark One »

Does Lemma Soft have plans for new games? I would love to hear your ideas and what the newer games will be like...
~ThE dArK oNe~

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#2 Post by Blue Lemma »

Lemma Soft has lots of plans for exciting new games! :) There are more than three in the works right now, and one of them will have a demo ready within a month (hopefully!) The demo's size will be at least as big as ToL 1, so that can give you an idea of how big and great the final game will be. It's a collaborative effort with dDave, a great writer and artist. I'm sure you will really enjoy his story and artwork. I will be enhancing the game engine and putting in special stuff, too. Besides that game, I have also started planning on Tales of Lemma 2, and a writer has started on another visual novel game. I'm thinking ToL 2 will be based on something like those "reality" dating shows because those crack me up. Things are busy, huh? 8)

The Dark One

#3 Post by The Dark One »

Right on! :D I was worred that you didn't have any plans, but thats great. I can't wait to play more of LemmaSoft's later demos.

Do you ever plan to publish any of the games you make? Like actually sell them for money?
~ThE dArK oNe~

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

Beta-testers

#4 Post by chronoluminaire »

Looking forward to the new games!

Well if you need any beta-testers... or proof-readers or anything like that... then you can contact me. Or in fact, probably a post here on the forums would attract quite a number of interested replies :lol:

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#5 Post by Blue Lemma »

Thanks for the encouraging words :)
I don't have plans to sell future games for money. These games are my gift to the Internet community. A few years ago and earlier, I never seemed to have enough money for buying good games. So I want to make a variety of cool games for various age groups that are free for everyone! 8)

Zero

#6 Post by Zero »

Question. Why is there no *BSD or *nix version? And by free, you mean as in beer, or speech?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#7 Post by Blue Lemma »

I mean free games as in you don't need to pay money to legally acquire them :)

There's only a Windows version because most people have Windows. Also, I don't have any other operating systems which makes it hard to program for those. ^_^;

Zero

#8 Post by Zero »

I see, so it's not free software then. I'll admit that most PC users use Windows, but that's not a good enough reason to not port the game, also if you have no plans to sell your games, then why keep them proprietary?

The Dark One

#9 Post by The Dark One »

I never have enough money for good games either so I think what you're doing is really cool. Keep up the good work Lemma. :)
~ThE dArK oNe~

MechaTama31

#10 Post by MechaTama31 »

Zero wrote:I see, so it's not free software then. I'll admit that most PC users use Windows, but that's not a good enough reason to not port the game, also if you have no plans to sell your games, then why keep them proprietary?
You must have missed the part where he said that he doesn't have any other OSes, so programming for them would be hard. I don't see how you get from "Windows" to "not free" and "proprietary" though... maybe you could epxlain?

Ecchi Tiff
Regular

#11 Post by Ecchi Tiff »

Well, if you don't have Windows, you'd have to obtain a copy first, which (might) cost money - hence, not exactly free.

As for future games - no more Final Fantasy clones? :D
Kyra: "You can kiss my acetabulum!"
Lord Pathos: "Hmm, tempting offer, coming from a cute girl like you."
Kyra: "Ug, I think I'm gonna be sick. Tom, let's get this quy, quick!"