Webpage help... just a hint will do...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Hentai Poofter
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:13 pm
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel
Location: Philippines

Webpage help... just a hint will do...

#1 Post by mugenjohncel » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:18 am

I will go direct to the point... I've been self studying in my free time on how to create better web page design (I don't want to be a noob forever)... I wanted to achieve this behavior. You have this image button that when you hover click there would be tow or more additional images that will appear, each leading to a different page. All I wanted to know is what is this behaviour called or any terms I could use so I can google my way and find the right online tutorials to accomplish this. If possible, I am humbly requesting to point me in the right direction...

Well... I wanted to duplicate the Spry behavior in Dreamweaver CS3 where you have this set of buttons and when you hover click over them you get to see these additional buttons... only I wanted to do this using images...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Edit: I think I realized how annoying will this be in hover since the child menus will disappear once you hover out of the parent button so let's change that to click instead
how to do this.jpg

User avatar
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:19 pm
Projects: Rynspyr.
Tumblr: emihaumut
Github: yeewai

Re: Webpage help... just a hint will do...

#2 Post by emihaumut » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:30 am

Try searching for jquery expandable/collapsible divs. Or something. It should reproduce the spry version fairly well. Then instead of likning to text, you can just link to an image.

User avatar
Royal Manga Tutor
Posts: 1255
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:21 pm
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)
Location: somewhere in NY

Re: Webpage help... just a hint will do...

#3 Post by rioka » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Go here. They're called collapsible menu's or accordion menu's/navigation. Very nifty stuff.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users