Webpage help... just a hint will do...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Webpage help... just a hint will do...

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

I will go direct to the point... I've been self studying in my free time on how to create better web page design (I don't want to be a noob forever)... I wanted to achieve this behavior. You have this image button that when you hover click there would be tow or more additional images that will appear, each leading to a different page. All I wanted to know is what is this behaviour called or any terms I could use so I can google my way and find the right online tutorials to accomplish this. If possible, I am humbly requesting to point me in the right direction...

Well... I wanted to duplicate the Spry behavior in Dreamweaver CS3 where you have this set of buttons and when you hover click over them you get to see these additional buttons... only I wanted to do this using images...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Edit: I think I realized how annoying will this be in hover since the child menus will disappear once you hover out of the parent button so let's change that to click instead
Attachments
how to do this.jpg

emihaumut
Regular
Projects: Rynspyr.
Tumblr: emihaumut
Github: yeewai

Re: Webpage help... just a hint will do...

#2 Post by emihaumut »

Try searching for jquery expandable/collapsible divs. Or something. It should reproduce the spry version fairly well. Then instead of likning to text, you can just link to an image.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

Re: Webpage help... just a hint will do...

#3 Post by rioka »

Go here. They're called collapsible menu's or accordion menu's/navigation. Very nifty stuff.