Greetings ^_^

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

Greetings ^_^

#1 Post by Nafai »

Hello everyone,

I just recently discovered Ren'Py and I think it says something about the attractiveness and approachability of the demo/tutorial that someone with zero programming experience - like me - is tempted to try his hand at it.

That being said I've started on a story already (which might be a bit ambitous really, but oh well) but I wanted to give a proper greeting before talking about it in the game maker subforum. I'm a bit more experienced with writing than programming, so if anyone wants to sample prose works which I have done, just head over to http://www.fanfiction.net/u/67034/. My handle there is endergabriel.

Well, here's hoping I can be productive. For now I'd just like to say thank you for the wonderful program, and all the good advice floating around in the forums which I will doggedly try to leech ^_^

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#2 Post by mikey »

Welcome!
In addition to the forums, there's a lot of info on game making here as well: http://www.renaigames.net/dev.html
Ren'Py tutorials and other practical things. Good luck with your project and have fun making it. :P

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#3 Post by lordcloudx »

Oooh someone else from ff.net. I've been a member there for quite awhile now though I've only submitted two fics. (just staying true to my nature of lurking everywhere... and I mean everywhere hehe.)

Zero programming experience worked just fine for ren'py for me. Good luck on whatever you plan on working on.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

teankun
Regular

#4 Post by teankun »

Hi Nafai, and I hope you don't mind if I take this opprotunity to introduce myself to the rest of the forum.

I have been into anime in general for about 30 years, but I really got into it about 10 years ago. It was that same time that I discovered ren'ai games (or bishojo games). Since then, I have always been on the look out on games with anime style art. It has not been easy since I don't care for graphic sex, and it quickly got to the point that the games were like politicians. Fortunately, recently there have been more non-H titles with the past couple of years, so those as well as the amateur ones you guys are doing.

So, lets go for it.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by musical74 »

Welcome aboard!

I've been a gamer for...lessee, when did the Atari 2600 come out? and I think from that from that, my interest in anime was born. I've been interested in anime for about 16 years now. I agree with you, on the subject of graphic sex. I don't mind if it's implied, or if it's ONLY at the end (Season of the Sakura) but making a "game" that is essentially just a bunch of sex scenes...I'll pass on.

Zero programming experience and Ren'Py tutorial has you wanting to try it? Think I'll give it a try...

And, loudcloudx, you post too much here to be a *lurker*... :P
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.