PLEASE SUPPORT AN INNOCENT ANIMAL

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

Re: PLEASE SUPPORT AN INNOCENT ANIMAL

#16 Post by Mink »

I don't think anyone here is really 'badmouthing' PETA. Badmouthing and having an opinion about what they do/their practices is not the same thing. For example, these people think it's acceptable to dress up as the KKK to make a point about dog shows. Yeah. Because when I'm in my town in the southern United States and if I see something KKK related, I immediately think, "Man, those dogs shows sure are bad, huh?" If you don't know the significance of the KKK, then here, let me Google that for you. That's just a good example of why I can't stand PETA. But hey, maybe they're different where you're from. As it were, I think I'd rather support the WSPCA/ASPCA.

On topic. Maybe that guy wasn't too educated about rabies. If that's the case, then steps should be taken to educate people* about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying cruelty to animals should go unpunished, but neither am I saying that someone should get 30 years in prison when they killed an animal out of an apparent fear of rabies, whether correctly or incorrectly. I'd rather know more about both sides and have more information before making judgments.

*Not by using a notorious hate group
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#17 Post by Greeny »

Wright1000 wrote:That is true, but you are forgetting that the donkey has a family too. Maybe they are all crying since they can't find him..
You don't know that. Not all animals find a mating partner, natural selection and all that.
Just saying, don't state it like it's a fact.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#18 Post by Wright1000 »

There are corrupted people in almost every organization but that doesn't make the whole organization corrupted.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#19 Post by Mink »

I'm not so much saying they're corrupted as much as I'm saying they need a massive reality check. And here's the thing: *their* organization put together what I was talking about; it wasn't random people, it was *PETA*. They didn't see how it was insulting or offensive and even if they did, I doubt they'd care. PETA didn't ever apologize for something that's offensive as hell or say they don't approve of what those people involved (or that particular part) did. And haven't they also tried to put slaughter houses on the same level as the *Holocaust*? Maybe PETA's different in India (and I hope it is), but where I'm from? No. Screw them.

And of course, you don't have to feel the same way. We can just agree to disagree.

*Website, yo*

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#20 Post by Wright1000 »

You are right about that. Peta was wrong in comparing slaughterhouses to holocausts.
Because if you ask for my opinion, whatever this *Holocaust* is, slaughterhouses are worse than it.
Don't believe me? Visit http://www.meat.org
It is a website that the meat industry doesn't want you to see.
If Peta was a bad organization, people like Paul McCartney would not join it.

Anima
Veteran
Completed: Loren
Projects: PS2

#21 Post by Anima »

You should maybe read up a bit on the Holocaust, before you make such remarks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust should be a good start.
Avatar created with this deviation by Crysa
Currently working on:
  • Winterwolves "Planet Stronghold 2" - RPG Framework: Phase III

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Wright1000 »

So, the killing of the millions of Jews by the Nazis is called the Holocaust.
Of course, I would still believe that a slaughterhouse is worse than it.
I will not make any more remarks. Visit http://www.meat.org
and see for yourself.
Leo Tolstoy, one of the world's greatest writers famous for his book "War and Peace" said "As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields."

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#23 Post by Aashtarsrain »

So, the killing of the millions of Jews by the Nazis is called the Holocaust.
Of course, I would still believe that a slaughterhouse is worse than it.
I will not make any more remarks.
Yes, please. That would be a smart move. :roll:

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Wright1000 »

Exactly.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#25 Post by MaiMai »

Okay, the point is you have to be VERY careful in comparing ANYTHING to the Holocaust.

You weren't be careful or tactful. At all.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Mink »

So killing millions of people is the same as killing animals for food? I guess what Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge did isn't that bad, then.

Right. I'm done with this topic.

*Website, yo*

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#27 Post by Gear »

Wow. That went downhill. Fast.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#28 Post by Sapphi »

I think PETA's "Holocaust on Your Plate" campaign was tasteless. I can see the analogy, but I think it was a tasteless one. That being said, in the name of fairness...

Wright1000 is from India, where the most popular religion is Hinduism. I don't know much about Hinduism, but if I'm not mistaken, I thought that animals were believed to be able to be reincarnated as humans. If that's a person's belief then I could see how they would look at slaughterhouses and the Holocaust with perhaps a different view than those of us who don't believe in reincarnation.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Wright1000 »

Sapphi wrote: Wright1000 is from India, where the most popular religion is Hinduism. I don't know much about Hinduism, but if I'm not mistaken, I thought that animals were believed to be able to be reincarnated as humans. If that's a person's belief then I could see how they would look at slaughterhouses and the Holocaust with perhaps a different view than those of us who don't believe in reincarnation.
Sapphi: That's right. I was a born Hindu but no longer a Hindu but I have equal respect for all religions.
We believe in equal treatment for all animals. That is why India is the country with the highest number of vegetarians.

Mink: Instead of arguing with me, why don't you argue with great personalities like Paul McCartney instead?

Avaible
Regular

#30 Post by Avaible »

Mink: Instead of arguing with me, why don't you argue with great personalities like Paul McCartney instead?
Because, in this thread just some posts ago, it was you yourself who said the things he has a problem with and stated them as your own opinion.