Ren'Py Heroines Comic?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

Ren'Py Heroines Comic?

#1 Post by Nafai »

Well, alright, this is a really random idea, but since sometimes I like doing little drawings of other people's characters, I was wondering when I was drawing Aina (from GO!MB) if people would permit me [or whoever wants to join in] to occassionally put up simple little comic strips with their characters.

Nothing serious - I'm not planning, nor do I have the time, to actually make a regular web comic for public consumption - but just as a little fun thing to do here on the forum. Think of it as a way to revisit cool characters whose stories/games might be over [sequels being rather rare I think], but who still have a special place in our hearts.

Besides, the idea of say, Gaji trying to look up AIna's skirt and getting mauled by 'Heart Shaped Bursts of Gold' (tm) makes me chuckle :P

So anyhow, I'm putting up this thread to ask permission from the creators - I won't use anyone from a game that I don't have express permission to use.

So - any takers? ^_^

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#2 Post by Blue Lemma »

If it's just a little for-fun doujiny thing, you can have at the Lemma Soft characters :P

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#3 Post by Alessio »

Sure, go ahead! ^_^

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#4 Post by Megaman Z »

after I get SM Insurrection really going (which will take a while), I'll start work (again) on Titanid [which may incur a few character redrawings]. if you want to use the characters from the preview video for that one, feel free to do so [and PM me if you need personality notes on them]. one character that has artwork that didn't quite get shown in the preview vid is "your character" (name him whatever the heck you want).
~Kitsune Zeta

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by monele »

I'll give the green light for this too.... except I first have to release the second demo of UP so you can see everyone ^^; *workwork*

Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

#6 Post by Nafai »

Thanks for the permissions you guys ^_^ I promise I'll be faithful to the... well, a tad OOC, but it *is* just for fun :P Nothing lewd though - no Negima style stripping of the pretty girls. *sniff* :P

MMZ: Oh, I haven't seen that yet! I must rectify that now...

Moni: *cheers at new demo* Now back to work! *waves whip threateningly*

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by monele »

Nafai wrote:*waves whip threateningly*
*whiiines~* Image
*goes back to work*

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#8 Post by Megaman Z »

Nafai wrote:MMZ: Oh, I haven't seen that yet! I must rectify that now...
well, I never managed to get any more than one hour at a time to work on this, thus killing any chances to actually get it completed for NaNoRenO. after that, I kinda lost interest in the project. Beta decided to archive everything on her end (good decision, since I've also been thinking (again) of how to continue the story from where I had it), and I'll probably start work on it again shortly (I HAVE to fix a few things with the SM Insurrection theme, such as changing the EX Stage sound (the song it came from was Marine Snow, which was removed by request of LaValse) and making the "pulses" on the results screen actually seem like pulses and not flashes.)

so, possibly saturday, I'll start scriptwork again (assuming nothing major happens that requires my presence and work on StepMania Insurrection)
~Kitsune Zeta