Secret Santa 2011

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Secret Santa 2011

#1 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Hi guys!

I thought it might be good to start this a little earlier this year because we all tend to be a pretty busy, especially around Christmas, so I thought a little more time might be nice so people can get involved and share the merriness. I was thinking of having until the 1st of December to register your interests and then from the 1st to the 25th to get the gifts made.

Last year the lovely Emihaumut started this and I think it would be great to carry on the tradition. You can find the original thread here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... cret+santa

The idea is that you register your interest here by the 1st of December and mention and link what project/characters/story/etc you might like a gift of. This is so everyone will know where to look for more information. Please make sure you will have enough time to participate since it's not much fun if someone misses out ^_^

I'll list everyone taking part and their links in this OP for easy reference.

By the 1st everyone will be partnered up in secrect and you can start on your gifts. If someone doesn't want to take part but wouldn't mind doing the draw, that would be fantastic. Otherwise, I won't take part and I'll do the draw. THANKYOU to Wingzofdarkness for volunteering because now I can take part too!

On Boxing Day (or Christmas, or Christmas eve considering everyone is in different time zones) everyone can post their gifts and warm cuddly feelings.

Suggestions for gifts could be:

Art: Fanart, wallpapers, comics, paper dolls, animations, etc.

Writing: Short story, skit, review, interview, etc.

Music: Theme song, opening song, lyrics, sound effects, etc.

Programming:... I'm actually not sure about this one, but I know Aleema made a great dress up interface last year, so I suppose it depends how motivated you feel :D

And that's about all :) It went really well last year, so hopefully this year will be success too~

PEOPLE TAKING PART (in alphabetical order):

Aleema
Anything related to RockRobin or Seraphine. For writers, I need fake forum topics for my in-game forum for RR.

Aiurax
Uhm. Anything to do with Becoming Wishful is fine.

Auro-Cyanide
Anything for Break Chance Memento would be awesome, doesn't have to be romantic or anything, I'm happy just to see or read about the characters :D A theme song of some kind would also be super cool *u* I have no idea what I'd ask for programming since I don't understand anything D: Sorry >_>

azureXtwilight
Anything for Doppelganger is fine, thanks~
As for music, maybe I'll request a very very very sad song~

Camille
Ooh, I'll bite! Anything Break Chance Memento-related would make me (and Auro hehe) extremely happy. Fanart or fanfiction or whatever would totally make my Christmas. Or if someone programming-savvy grabs my name, helping me out with my crappy inventory system would be boss. (it's literally all separate if statements and variables right now, which works but is entirely too clunky)

Death_HUG
Anything that has to do with A Mysterious Note would be great :D

Deji
Something sweet and cute from Caramel Mokaccino would be nice <3 Or if you don't really like sweet and cute, make up an AU (Alternate Universe)version of the characters and do whatever you want xD

Hana-Mori
For my present, I'll be happy if anyone can draw for me any characters from my game Nameless Hero (it'll be fine in black and white) or maybe my favorite OC Ruki either in normal teenage mode or chibi. Of course plus for snow and Christmas situation xD If for writers, I would like a poem or short lyric, perhaps about 'believing' the concept is 'Miracles come to those who believe', and I hope the title can be 'What do you wish?' For music composers, perhaps any song that can be a cheerful song about the beauty of friendship and wish?

HigurashiKira
I'll take a bite as well. Anything having to do with Death Rule: The First Rule be it art, or a short story.

jaysilver
For me.... I think I'd just be happy with anything. ^^ But if you don't have any ideas, something related to Princess Syndrome would be okay too. But really, if it looks cool/cute, I'll probably like it no matter what it is.

JustAnotherMe
Uhhhmm, I think I would like to have someone write a lyric poem for my project. Well, a creepy children song about the coming of a demon from bloody sacrifices Or maybe a creepy music with a serene snowy atmosphere. Or maybe you can write a system of a scary ritual so I could use it for my story Or, or, maybe scary events like when you run from ghost a and then you think you're safe but you come to another 'wrong' room or maybe like the ring when a creepy girl come out from a creepy well or Ju-On with that blue little boy. @_@ Or maybe design a GUI for me that would fit with horror and black snow concept<3 or draw a scary ghost or ghosts CGI. And anyway, the concept is Japanese horror. Yap. Japan.

Kate Wanders
I would love to have a short story with the theme "True Love Waits", and maybe come with a flowchart/storyboard for Ren'py. :D (Auro: creative freedom I guess on this one :D

Kura
I'd love anything related to RESET or any of its characters, be it a sketch or short little story or a ramble about your impression of a character. Hopefully by December I'll have enough art and stuff up on that page that you can get a good enough sense of the characters to do so, but if not then you could design (visually or verbally) a random highschooler or two for me to use in a scene of the game as Jason's friends.
For the musically inclined, a song that can be described as pensive would be great, or something chiptune-ish.
And for programmers/graphic designers, any part of the design or code for an old-school-game-inspired textbox or menu would be lovely.

lepapillonrouge
As for me, I'd like any...anything really for A song for you or Black Butterfly, even though they're both hiatused because of school ;w;
If you're a musician, perhaps you wouldn't mind obliging me a few tracks that sound poppy and singable
Especially if you're a guitarist, because a certain character does an acoustic guitar solo of a magical girl song for A Song for You
Of course this is like the ultimate wish and I would also love fanart of either game
Or Fanfiction. Either way

ludeshka
What would I like? Something related to Hierofanía, pleeeeeeeeeease? ^^
(Available here: http://hierofania.weebly.com/downloads.html )
(Lots of reference for the characters and stuff here : http://ludeshka.deviantart.com/gallery/24447875 )
If you actually write a short fic or a skit or anything, I would explode with happy. And I'm super interested in seeing my characters drawn in different styles. So anything I get will make me super happy :D

Lumen_Astrum
Something Spiritual Equivalent-related or Soul and Heart-related will be good. :D
I wanted something cute, or dramatic or romantic or... eh, whatever fits your fancy. I like dramatic scenes, to an extent. Or cross them on a Vocaloid song. Whatever, I'll be giving you the freedom.
Or if you are industrious enough, you can compose me a piano song or program me something :3

LVUER
Any character from my VN (R.S.P.) is fine (there's a lot to choose from) or my avatar would be nice too.
And as perhaps you all know me, I'm always craving for something moe, cute, and loli ;p
BTW, here's the link to a picture of (almost) all character from RSP, for a quick reference -> http://lvuer.deviantart.com/art/Happy-E ... -159338236
And here's the link for my avatar -> http://lvuer.deviantart.com/art/New-Ava ... 8787&qo=38

MiSi
So for us anything for School Fortune or The Master's Call would be fine.

mysterialize
Though I don't really know what I want. Anything The World is Made of Paper related, I suppose, even if that's a little boring. Something to help advertise would be particularly nice. I mostly just want to participate to make things for people, though

Niki
Um, if that's the case...
I'd like a portrait of any character from Water's Edge~ Make him look pretty x) Also, perhaps some nice creepy music that you think would suit Water's Edge? With dripping sounds!

Omnificent
I'd like something for FA:NG, whether in the form of art, an upbeat, main-theme-sounding, or heavy metal music track, a 600-word piece on how you think a given character celebrates Christmas, or a freestyle rap about your favorite character. Regardless of whether or not you're an artist, I might also like to see your conception of what Greg looks like under his bangs

RemnantDream
I would love to do something like this, but there's really nothing I want/need. So, I guess whatever you can do, I'll be glad with. I'm not picky at all :D I guess something to do with your favourite character(s) from Pickles and Strawberries. Again, I don't care if it's art, writing, or music not so sure what I'd do with programming, but hey, it's a free gift :D. Whatever is fine with me.

SilverxBlue
Anything that has to do with My Dark, Little Secret. Fanart, fanfic, chibis, some sort of code, anything is fine by me. XD (Just be creative with what you'll give me.)
If you'd prefer giving some music, any upbeat tune that will fit for a main theme of a funny, slice-of-life game will do.

Snow Blossom
Oh, right! Um, um... I suppose a short, fluffy, slightly comical puppy-dog love story (so basically, all-ages please!) set in middle school would be nice. Hopefully one day I might make it into an actual game. And if that's not allowed, then I'll just keep it in a folder to chuckle at. Or a cute little adventure revolving around one little boy or girl approximately 6-8 years old (it doesn't need to be anything fancy, it could even be a discovery in the backyard garden if you want).

Sorani
I might like a picture of two of my characters from my WIP, Grand End, celebrating a white Christmas. For writers, write a fic based on Joshua of my WIP game living in the wild west with his pistol and horse, acting as a traveling cowboy.

Tag-
I'd be grateful if someone did something for Circo Della Sera.
I don't mind whether it's an artwork, fanfiction or even a song~ All I ask is that if you are doing an art piece, please don't draw the characters in just their outfit in a standard pose. Try for something more creative, like maybe have them doing something funny or design different clothes for them :D It doesn't have to be complicated ^^
Last edited by Auro-Cyanide on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

Re: Secret Santa 2011

#2 Post by Omnificent »

This sounds like fun.

I'd like something for FA:NG, whether in the form of art, an upbeat, main-theme-sounding, or heavy metal music track, a 600-word piece on how you think a given character celebrates Christmas, or a freestyle rap about your favorite character.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#3 Post by Tag- »

Omnificent wrote:...or a freestyle rap about your favorite character.
Oh my goodness, that is genius. Somebody please do this xDD

Back on topic, I am super excited for doing a Secret Santa OvO
I'd be grateful if someone did something for Circo Della Sera.
I don't mind whether it's an artwork, fanfiction or even a song~ All I ask is that if you are doing an art piece, please don't draw the characters in just their outfit in a standard pose. Try for something more creative, like maybe have them doing something funny or design different clothes for them :D It doesn't have to be complicated ^^
PM me if needed

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#4 Post by Deji »

I want in this year *_*

Something sweet and cute from Caramel Mokaccino would be nice <3 Or if you don't really like sweet and cute, make up an AU (Alternate Universe)version of the characters and do whatever you want xD
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Niki
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#5 Post by Niki »

Um, is it okay if I participate but don't request anything? ;_; There's really nothing I want! There's not much to work with if I requested my project and I'm not really in any fandom... (><)
I can give art, if no one minds... ;~; Thanks a bunch <3
Image (devblog) || tumblr

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#6 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I'll be joining because I'm embarrassed with what I did last year.

Something Spiritual Equivalent-related or Soul and Heart-related will be good. :D
I wanted something cute, or dramatic or romantic or... eh, whatever fits your fancy. I like dramatic scenes, to an extent. Or cross them on a Vocaloid song. Whatever, I'll be giving you the freedom.
Or if you are industrious enough, you can compose me a piano song or program me something :3

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#7 Post by JustAnotherMe »

Might as well join this. Hmmm... I don't have a game yet, so I won't ask for anything...yet *cough* But I'm willing to draw a christmas party from all of the participant here (well, one chara you have in your game, or maybe your avatar)
Last edited by JustAnotherMe on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#8 Post by Aleema »

Me me me me.
I can't draw, so hopefully everyone includes alternatives in what they want. xD If you need something programmed, mention it, and if I draw your name, I will do it.

--
Anything related to RockRobin or Seraphine. For writers, I need fake forum topics for my in-game forum for RR.
--

To those not requesting anything: You have to get something, otherwise it's no fun to the person who draws your name! :) So you might as well hint at something you'd appreciate.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#9 Post by Camille »

Ooh, I'll bite! Anything Break Chance Memento-related would make me (and Auro hehe) extremely happy. Fanart or fanfiction or whatever would totally make my Christmas. Or if someone programming-savvy grabs my name, helping me out with my crappy inventory system would be boss. (it's literally all separate if statements and variables right now, which works but is entirely too clunky)

I can't draw worth crap (unless you really want stickfigures because I suppose I can do that), but I will write fic for your project! :O Or maybe you have a scene you've been imagining but you can't write it for some reason. I can help with that. <3 I can also program... Kinda? I can't do anything fancy like Aleema can, but I can definitely help with making screens or I can make you some fancy imagemaps or code your textbox for you or something. XD

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

#10 Post by wingzofdarkness »

I would not mind doing the draw for you, Auro =)
...as long as you tell me the process and whatnot so I don't make a mess of everything. I'm quite careless...

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#11 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Niki and JustAnotherMe, it's fine to request something a bit random :D (And Niki! You have an awesome project, I would draw your characters!) Last year I didn't have a project so I pointed people in the direction of some concept art for ideas I had. This is meant to just be a fun thing, so don't take it too seriously ^_^

@Wingzofdarkness, THANK YOU! Awesome, now I can take part *does jig*. I'll PM you some details about the draw closer to the date, though I think a good old fashioned hat draw will work just fine.

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#12 Post by Snow Blossom »

Ooh, count me in! Um, I guess I'd like a piece of music that gives off a spicy and mischievous feel? Very urban and borderline sexy. :3 Or it could be a pretty song that gives off an innocent feel, like pure white snow on a refreshing, bright winter evening. More like R&B, with a touch of childhood nostalgia.... Sorry for the weird descriptions, I'm not very good at naming specific musical genres. >< Even though I can't compose or program to save my life, I'd love to draw something for someone. :D

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#13 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Snow Blossom, Do you have a project or story also incase you get someone not so musically inclined (like me ><)?

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by HigurashiKira »

I'll take a bite as well. Anything having to do with Death Rule: The First Rule be it art, or a short story. Umm, preferably something having to do with the guys.

I'm good for drawing or writing, though not very good with either ^^;
Last edited by HigurashiKira on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

#15 Post by Death_HUG »

Anything that has to do with A Mysterious Note would be great :D

I can only draw, I pretty much suck at everything else >3>