Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
- Posts: 171
- Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:45 pm
- Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!
- Location: Can I get back to you on that?
It can be derp moments, frustrating moments, happy moments, etc...
Cheer on! : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16024
- ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
- Posts: 3059
- Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:02 am
- Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
- Projects: Athena
- Organization: Cyanide Tea
- Tumblr: auro-cyanide
- Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ummmm, I'm not sure what I can say now though. I have a lot of frustrating moments, and moments when I panic about how much work I have to do. I am generally frustrated with myself because I can be very slow -.- Sprites take me a long time and everyone seems to be quicker at them. So slooooooooow. Also, I think I get too caught up in details sometimes. I draw very, very larger, which mean I might be worrying about something no-one will see.
My happiest moments are when I read the story and I can imagine scenes *u* That is very exciting because the characters really come to life. And when I complete something I am happy with, like my halloween image. And when I got to see my sprites blink, I was SO excited about it, even if my family gave me weird looks about it ahahaha.... There are a lot of ups and downs, but that makes it fun.
- Posts: 391
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:35 pm
- Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch
- Location: in the mirror
0.3 second lunch
- Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
- Posts: 1592
- Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:38 pm
- Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
- Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
- Tumblr: DejiNyucu
- Deviantart: DejiNyucu
- Location: Chile
- When I managed to make my sprite expressions work in game after spending a lot of time coding! <3
- When I managed to animate a scene after spending a lot of time coding! <3
- When my proofreader told me they were surprised they got to care so much about the characters even when there were no images on the build I gave them to proofread, and told me they wanted to know what happened next! <3
- When, after a lot of coding, everything works fine until...! I realized that rollback/save/load didn't work with the cool thing I was so proud of that I ever managed to do at all and had to go back to the simpler but not-very-efficient-and-not-cool-at-all way that did work. ):
- I forgot the last name of my characters... what it was a again? ^^; No luck finding it?? Random Name generator it is until we find a nice last name!! 8D
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1685
- Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:31 am
- Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
- Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
- Organization: Kitsch-soft
- Location: Illinois, USA
Lots of derpy moments. For instance, it's 3AM and I'm writing a scene which involves a 25-year old man and an 11 or 12-year old girl. I'm half-asleep and it slowly devolves into what you would expect to see in a common shipping doujinshi. A few days later I look over the script and think "Oh my gosh, I wrote this?! This is so awful and creepy! This would absolutely not happen!! AHHH! MUST DELETE!!!"
Or the many times I lie in bed, half asleep, and attempt to say certain characters' lines in the accent they are supposed to have (Multi-national casts are fun). It would be really embarrassing if anybody heard my terrible attempts!
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 733
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:58 pm
- Projects: Suna to Majo
- Location: France
- Whenever I create new characters and blend them into the universe I also made. Imagine their lifestyle, their relationships, their aspirations...
- When my proofreader stops making an awful face when he gets to recheck my script (once again).
- Sometimes I read my script again and end up being inspired by it, and find the "calm state" where I'm hyper productive.
- Same as Sapphi, I guess (but I don't have any loli in my story so it won't happen).
- Sometimes when I have a great character development idea but don't have anything to log, then try to imprint, like repeating "don't forget this incredible idea!", fail and end up forgetting anyway, finally stay in front of script asking myself "what was that idea again?!"
- "Gah! That CG is so bad! Gotta redraw that!" (moments later) "Gah It's even worse! Need to train..."
- "Huh?! When did I find the time to completely mess this transition?" OTL
Users browsing this forum: No registered users