Otome games??

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Cute.Sakura.Princess
Regular
Projects: Best friends and something more(GxB)

Otome games??

#1 Post by Cute.Sakura.Princess »

Um I know maybe this thread is not for this part of forum and I know MANY before me posted threads like these but I wonder:Is there any otome games translated on english(if it could be commercial it would be great!)They could cost too. I played these:
Magical Diary: Horse Hall
Always remember me
Love&order
Date warp
X-note
Starry sky ~In spring~
All otome games from ren'py site
Cute kingdom
Spirited hearts
Heileen
Yo-Jin-Bo
Faded Hearts
And Pleeeeeeeeaseee let it be on PC console!Thank you >_<

Fawn
Moe Imouto

Re: Otome games??

#2 Post by Fawn »

Why not try some other games that are non-otome? There are plenty of those in english or translated...

Keilis
Regular

#3 Post by Keilis »

You can emulate DS games. There's Tokimeki Girl's Side 1, as well as 2 out, so you can play those on your PC.

Hakuouki is getting an English release; unfortunately, that one's on the PSP.

Oh, and there's some RE: Alistair++ game for PC. Free, English, otome. Never played it, though.

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#4 Post by manga_otaku »

Keilis wrote:Oh, and there's some RE: Alistair++ game for PC. Free, English, otome. Never played it, though.
I apologise in advance for this, but this is a must play!
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#5 Post by JustAnotherMe »

manga_otaku wrote:
Keilis wrote:Oh, and there's some RE: Alistair++ game for PC. Free, English, otome. Never played it, though.
I apologise in advance for this, but this is a must play!
SECOND this!

@Keilis: Really?? Hakuoki English version???? ...should I buy a psp????
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Cute.Sakura.Princess
Regular

#6 Post by Cute.Sakura.Princess »

Yeah I forgot to list Alistair++ too!But how do I play DS games on PC??

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#7 Post by manga_otaku »

Cute.Sakura.Princess wrote:Yeah I forgot to list Alistair++ too!But how do I play DS games on PC??
You need an emulator like DeSuMe and then you need the rom of the ds game. If you want the patched english version of the tokimeki memorial 1 & 2 games I could help you if you like and send then to you through email :) Or I could give you the site and you could do it yourself xD The roms you'll have to google (which is easy - just put in "Tokimeki Memorial [insert number 1 or 2] ds rom" and download a clean (J) Rom. Then use this for TMGS1 or this for TMGS2. There are instructions on how to do everything as well xD
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Cute.Sakura.Princess
Regular

#8 Post by Cute.Sakura.Princess »

manga_otaku wrote:
Cute.Sakura.Princess wrote:Yeah I forgot to list Alistair++ too!But how do I play DS games on PC??
You need an emulator like DeSuMe and then you need the rom of the ds game. If you want the patched english version of the tokimeki memorial 1 & 2 games I could help you if you like and send then to you through email :) Or I could give you the site and you could do it yourself xD The roms you'll have to google (which is easy - just put in "Tokimeki Memorial [insert number 1 or 2] ds rom" and download a clean (J) Rom. Then use this for TMGS1 or this for TMGS2. There are instructions on how to do everything as well xD
Heelp I chose first option only do you have to pay for that DS mod or??

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#9 Post by Taleweaver »

Cute.Sakura.Princess wrote:
manga_otaku wrote:Heelp I chose first option only do you have to pay for that DS mod or??
DeSmuMe is free; getting the ROMs for free legally may not be that easy...
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by gekiganwing »

Taleweaver wrote:...getting the ROMs for free legally may not be that easy...
It's possible to find authentic import carts. Not sure how many sites sell the DS versions of TMGS1 and 2, but I've seen them on auction sites.

Unfortunately, to quote something I said about a month ago... like any other fan translation or hack of a DS game, the English patches of the TMGS games will not work with legit cartridges. You will need a flash cart in order to get it to work with a genuine DS system. And if you do not have, or can't afford a flash cart, then you will have to use emulation software to get it to work with a computer. Either way, you will need to obtain a ROM file, and use free software in order to patch the game. Make sure to read TVTropes' discussion on emulation here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Emulation It's a messy, complex issue.

Some GxB games in English are being sold on iTunes. There's a surprising number of western romance/cute games if you look around the iTunes Store a bit.

Finally, if you're interested in the planned English version of Hakuouki, I wouldn't recommend getting a PSP *just* for that one game. It's a nice portable gaming device, and if you purchase a used system with a small memory card, it's pretty cheap now. The PSP has a decent variety of software, and aside from a few out-of-print games, much of it is available at reduced prices through used media stores and auctions.

Akuni
Regular

#11 Post by Akuni »

RE: Alistair++ was a good one I'm also looking for free-based Otome games and having no fortune :s

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Riviera »

The PSP has a lot of japanese otome games (if you are learning or know the language), but even putting those aside, it has a pretty extensive gaming library now so it'd be a worthy purchase. You can get PSP-2000's for a pretty good price, I believe my collector's edition star wars one was about $100. You can also fairly easily modify them to play oldschool games from the NES/SNES era, or homebrew titles.

The DS has some english otome games on it, but they're not very deep or mature, since I guess they assume Nintendo wouldn't go for that for whatever reason. They're marketed for little girls. I still found them fun. There are also japanese ones but the stipulations I mentioned above still apply.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Pugfarts
Regular
Projects: I Will Hold Your Hand

#13 Post by Pugfarts »

the thing about modding a psp is that you need to be sure you have all the correct components. It took me a VERY long time to get my psp (which I found on ebay for 60 bucks :D) hacked. The first time I tried I didn't have an official memory stick, and hard-bricked it. Make sure you have the right components!

tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

#14 Post by tuna_sushi »

manga_otaku wrote: You need an emulator like DeSuMe
this is so helpful Image (tears of joy)

everyone that replied took my answers! I can't think of any otome vns right now... ^_^"
Last edited by tuna_sushi on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Riviera »

Pugfarts wrote:the thing about modding a psp is that you need to be sure you have all the correct components. It took me a VERY long time to get my psp (which I found on ebay for 60 bucks :D) hacked. The first time I tried I didn't have an official memory stick, and hard-bricked it. Make sure you have the right components!
It's getting easier all the time, actually. All you really have to do is google it, and lots of places will give you instructions that walk you through the entire thing, and an exe file that does all the work for you. :D
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples