What to do if you're sick in hospital?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: What to do if you're sick in hospital?

#31 Post by Riviera »

redcat wrote:@JAM PM sent :D

If you have internet access, you could also make time go faster by reading some series in mangafox or other scanlation site. Just make sure you don't became addicted to it... :P (sometimes I couldn't stop reading for 5-8 hours when I read mangas... my bad... >_< )
I read mangafox all the time and I didn't even think of that >_<
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

purple_pockets
Regular

#32 Post by purple_pockets »

I feel your pain (sorry, pun not intended). :oops:
The one time I was in the hospital I only stayed for one night and one day, and all night nurses come in and check on you. I know how boring it can be-television doesn't have anything interesting, reading is painful, and napping seems impossible. If you have enough mental energy, try to imagine being a fairy-mermaid-vampire-werewolf-witch-princess that tries to keep everyone else from discovering that she has a fish tail, fur, fangs, butterfly wings and a green complexion, and see how far you get. Or, start with fairy wings and keep going until you get to the green skin. I hope you feel much better soon!

p.s. Totally understand not wanting to tell some strangers about your illness. I was in the hospital last January, and I had what seemed like millions of people ask me why I was there. Another reason was the sympathy letters that my grandmother's class sent me. No one understood what I was going through. (don't even ask :roll: )

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#33 Post by Wright1000 »

If you hate them so much you can make an escape plan. There are lots of ways to do it.
Here are the steps to an escape plan:
1. Get a mini-map of the hospital.
2. At night, after everyone is asleep, get to the laundry room.
3. Put off your patient outfit.
4. Put on a security guard's uniform.
5. Now you can move around freely. Look for the security room in the map and head towards it.
6. Remember not to act suspicious. They may suspect you. Once you reach the security room, grab whatever weapons you see.
7. Now, look for an exit with no or few security. Then, make your way towards it.
8. If someone suspects you, use your weapon to kill or immobilize him before he alerts security.
9. Now, you are free. Enjoy your freedom!
10. If you killed someone on the way, beware of the sirens.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

redcat
Regular

#34 Post by redcat »

@wright1000--> your "night-escape" plan wouldn't work for my case : :D
a. The laundry room was not in the same building as the patient's block, and it's located quite far away. The only chance I had was the preparation room for the nurses.
b. I was on the 7th floor - there's no way I would jump out of the window to escape. The only way was through highly-guarded elevator/lift and emergency stairs.
c. The elevator/lift was located in front of the head nurse's desk of each floor, and it's shut down at night. The door to the stairs was locked, and the key was held by the nurse.
d. The main entry/exit door at the ground floor was locked at night, and highly guarded (and even have 24 hours surveillance camera). The windows have bars to prevent thieves.
e. I have no training in martial arts. And even if I do, I was so weak that I couldn't even lift a laptop - let alone immobilizing/killing a highly trained fully-armed security guard.

But surprisingly, you can just walk away easily by disguising yourself as a visitor at the visiting hours (just make sure no one could recognize you). Weird, eh? ^_^;;
Meowwngg...??

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#35 Post by lordcloudx »

Hmm... heh, I actually had the opposite sentiment when I had to stay in the hospital. My life was literally hanging on the line with DHF (dengue hemorrhagic fever) and I was quite thankful for the regular visits by the nurses to check on my vital signs. I had to be constantly monitored for drops in my blood platelet levels or signs of internal hemorrhage.

When you have DHF, you actually lose track of time and reality. It feels like drifting from one incoherent dream to the next when you are actually waking up in-between these dreams. The problem is that you can never be sure which dream is actually not a dream because your body and mind are too weak for you to rationally think things through.

It feels a lot like watching Richard Linklater's "Waking Life" sans the pseudo-philosophical dialogue.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#36 Post by Wright1000 »

redcat wrote: But surprisingly, you can just walk away easily by disguising yourself as a visitor at the visiting hours (just make sure no one could recognize you). Weird, eh? ^_^;;
That will not work. They will recognize their patients, won't they?
But if you have a wig or a fake mustache, it might work.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#37 Post by JustAnotherMe »

Not a good reply: I'm in the middle of dream...

One thing to consider: there's a... I don't know what to call that thing: it's a surveillance camera?? Yeah. That thing. It'd b hard to even disguise myself...
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

redcat
Regular

#38 Post by redcat »

@lordcloudx--> Dengue hemorrhagic Fever? oh, that's a serious illness. How long did you stay in bed?

@Wright1000--> There's a rotation of nurse/guard on duty, so unless you've stayed for too long, it's unlikely they will instantly recognize you as a patient. Of course this is assuming you don't use hospital's pajamas/tags, bandages, IV tubes or anything hospital related.

@JAM---> Actually, even the best surveillance cameras usually have blind spots, so you still have a chance... :D
Anyway, how're you doing now? feeling any better?
Meowwngg...??