Has anyone heard from lordcloudx?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Abeiramar
Regular

Re: Has anyone heard from lordcloudx?

#16 Post by Abeiramar »

Pugfarts wrote:I actually started reading and then I was like.. "what is the point of this?"

someone explain what's going on in a concise manner for people like me who probably don't care either way.

From what I skimmed, Lemma owns the forum, his site his rules right? If he doesn't want threads about suicide he can zap them. Whats the big deal?
An user made a post about some suicide story that was supposed to be funny (it wasn't). Lemmasoft locks it.
Cloud asks privately why the admin locked the topic and says it was unfair because he let worse things slide in the past.
Things get progressively bad when Lemmasoft suggests that NewMember is Cloud.
Drama ensues :/ .

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#17 Post by JustAnotherMe »

I'll just put in my opinion here. And remember that I mean no harm, I really don't have any right to judge someone, but after all, a person have their own opinion. And I think I'll post this since this a bit put me unease.

@BlueLemma: I'm really sad because you want to resign. After all, this is your forum. And I believe no one is perfect, even if it's you. Q_Q You're a great loss, BlueLemma. I really think you've done a good job at maintaining a hobby forum like this, have to put on cool head for so many trolling and things.
But if I have to be honest, you owe NewMember an apology. I think yeah, you owe an apology for LordCloudx for accusing him. But New hasn't done anything wrong, deliberately. I know he's like trolling, but as I'm working with him, I know it's not that he's trolling. He's just a 'lost child' as you stated. And your accusation didn't just hurt Cloudie, but New as well. (For Cloudie, I believe you have apologized to him properly, so I don't think it's a problem anymore)
Again, I'm sorry if my opinion is wrong. Sorry, I'm really sorry if I did that. But I mean no harm, I assure you. Correct me if I'm wrong, kay? After all, I'm not someone who can judge the other. I myself is nowhere near perfect. I just want to get my opinion out since I'm working with New and Wright.

@LordCloudx: I think you owe all of the forum members an apology. Don't involve the innocent to your problem and bring down a forum based on your 1 on 1 argument. I did respect you, you know.
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Pugfarts
Regular
Projects: I Will Hold Your Hand

#18 Post by Pugfarts »

Abeiramar wrote:
Pugfarts wrote:I actually started reading and then I was like.. "what is the point of this?"

someone explain what's going on in a concise manner for people like me who probably don't care either way.

From what I skimmed, Lemma owns the forum, his site his rules right? If he doesn't want threads about suicide he can zap them. Whats the big deal?
An user made a post about some suicide story that was supposed to be funny (it wasn't). Lemmasoft locks it.
Cloud asks privately why the admin locked the topic and says it was unfair because he let worse things slide in the past.
Things get progressively bad when Lemmasoft suggests that NewMember is Cloud.
Drama ensues :/ .
That's what it looked like. The whole thing is dumb and sophomoric. Who cares if someone gets accused of being someone else?
Also how do you take down a forum from the outside? genuinely curious.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#19 Post by Wright1000 »

JustAnotherMe wrote: @LordCloudx: I think you owe all of the forum members an apology. Don't involve the innocent to your problem and bring down a forum based on your 1 on 1 argument. I did respect you, you know.
If you think, he owes everyone an apology, count me out. He has done nothing wrong. In fact, he is the one who has contributed the largest number of VNs, next to Mikey.
By the way, this is not the only forum I visit. I visit many other forums. About that inbox joke, I found it on a writer's forum.
Everyone found it funny. Everyone appreciated it.
So, I decided to share the joke here. And posted it. Too bad the brains of some people could not comprehend the meaning of the joke and it was blocked.
In one forum, it received more than 50 positive comments, and in this forum, it was blocked.
Also, there is no use trying to change one's personality. I've already told one of the admins about the way I talk and so not to be offended by my words even if it sounds rude. But still, I was pestered again and again and told: Don't be rude, Don't be rude, Don't be rude. The same old advice. As if the admin is my parent.
A few months ago, an innocent animal was killed and I just asked for the support of this forum. But instead, the thread received nothing but abuse. What do I have to gain from being an animal rights activist? Absolutely nothing. I work for free. I DON'T get paid. Then some members completely changed the topic and started badmouthing PETA.
The thread wasn't about PETA in the first place, was it? Seems most members here are good when it comes to sophistry.
Then, they changed the topic to vegetarianism. And, the fight continued. Everyone was firing their invalid arguments at me. But I countered each and every one of them. I don't mean to brag about it, but I am experienced when it comes to debate. I've already won a debate in a meeting about vegetarianism and animal rights. Adolf Hitler had little to do with the topic. But one of the members even brought him into the argument. I countered the argument and most members (whose IQ I doubt) started saying that I was spreading Nazi Propaganda. I am an Indian. Why the hell would I support the Nazis, in the first place? At last, instead of clearing the confusion, the topic was blocked because some people think that if an argument is blocked, they have won the argument.
Still, I don't take these things seriously. I just mentioned it.
Last edited by Wright1000 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

Pugfarts
Regular
Projects: I Will Hold Your Hand

#20 Post by Pugfarts »

@Write;
It's up to the people running the site what kind of content they want to allow. If they don't want jokes about suicide, what's wrong with them not allowing it? (I didn't read the whole thread because it was too long, but there aren't very many tactful ways to joke about suicide)

The second example you posted sounds like a thread that got out of control, was solving nothing, and therefore was justly put out of it's misery. You don't win anything in those kinds of 'debates'.

Just pickin' your brain a little, If I have to pick a side I want to see where everyone is coming from.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#21 Post by Wright1000 »

Pugfarts wrote:@Write;
It's up to the people running the site what kind of content they want to allow. If they don't want jokes about suicide, what's wrong with them not allowing it? (I didn't read the whole thread because it was too long, but there aren't very many tactful ways to joke about suicide)
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 13&t=12705 If posting this was allowed, there was no need to block the joke I posted.
Pugfarts wrote: The second example you posted sounds like a thread that got out of control, was solving nothing, and therefore was justly put out of it's misery. You don't win anything in those kinds of 'debates'.
If there is nothing to win from it, why start the debate in the first place? I only asked for support. It was some people (without IQ) who turned it into a debate by badmouthing PETA.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#22 Post by sake-bento »

Okay, then. Both Blue Lemma and lordcloudx wished for this conversation to be made public. Everyone's gotten a chance to see it, and I believe the responses have accurately summarized the situation. As both participants are no longer part of the forum, I think it's best to lay this discussion to rest. Any further discussion is neither beneficial nor constructive.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#23 Post by Fawn »

Sorry Sake, but I must.

Well, Wright, you probably just shouldn't post that stuff here. Lemmasoft is a grab bag of people, many of which are opinionated about the touchy subjects you bring up. Not everyone thinks like you do, sometimes it seems like you don't understand that. Also, just because they don't think like you do doesn't mean they are stupid, that's not very nice.

Another problem is you also often make your text sound like you're scolding people and telling them they're wrong. Nobody wants to be spoken to like that, it's upsetting. That's most likely why people associated your words with PETA, since they are know to be strict about animal cruelty.

AND- About that link- That's a horror manga. It's fantasy. It's just made to scare people, not make fun of violence or suicide. I've seen worse... If you want something truly awful, go read Franken Fran.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Wright1000 »

If you want to scold me, feel free to do so.
If you hate me so much, throw sticks and stones at me. Bring your guns and kill me if you want.
But I can't and won't stand animal cruelty and people who hates animals.
If you punch me, I won't punch you back. But if you punch an animal, I will punch you a hundred times.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#25 Post by sake-bento »

And, scene. I had hoped that the last post would be a "soft lock," but now we're off topic. As an admin, I prefer to discuss forum policy via PM so as not to seem like I'm publicly reprimanding anyone. Anyone who does feel an overwhelming need to post any private conversations we have is welcome to. Just not in this thread.

Thread locked.