Goodbye From Lemma - Thank you for 9 years of VNs

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Goodbye From Lemma - Thank you for 9 years of VNs

#16 Post by Aleema »

NewMember was obviously a troll (though a pretty lame one), or a very lost child. How that child would have found this site, I don't know. The question is by whom, and lordcloudx certainly fits the bill, especially after his horrible game about destroying aspiring game makers' hopes and dreams because LOL. Not going to say that he is, for sure, but considering how quick he is to jump to "vengeance", he most certainly is acting guilty of whatever charges. If you were innocent, doing something very wrong isn't the way to prove that. Burning the courthouse down just proves the accusation right, because you don't want to stand trial.

That said, cloud wasn't as intolerable as I thought he would be (before threatening and demanding), perhaps because I've also PMed an admin when a governmental decision was made. Though I do not know fully cloud's history, or how clear the proof of the connection with NewMember is. What really bothers me are the "I hate the community" comments from Lemma himself. I think this reveal and this resignation come hand in hand, otherwise I would have some strong words about that.

I'm sorry you had to leave your own forum - that is never fair in any case. Internet drama is as taxing as real drama, and it's just as bad out there as it is in here. People are asshats everywhere. If you want to be around people, you're opting in to that horrible, stupid drama. I'm sure I've been a thorn in the side more than once, I apologize for ruining your image of the community, most folks aren't like me. They're pretty cool. But I can openly say with a clean conscious that I've never have or will stoop to this level - creating a sockpuppet for the means of antagonizing, threatening the entire forum or its administration, or similar heinous deeds. (I'm far more likely to beat up myself, than you.)

I'll stand with the community, no matter what happens.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#17 Post by Blane Doyle »

It really is a shame that a very small number of people can drive others away and potentially change a community forever like this...

I think you should take a break, give yourself some space and time to relax. I hope you come back some times, not as the admin but as a member of the community. I know I am not the best member... since I lurk most often, but I mod another forum and own one myself, so I know thos sort of thing can be exceptionally rough on a person.

I sincerely hope the best for you, and I hope this community will keep going strong. I love the people and the creativity here, and I will not let a few certain people ruin it for me, and I do hope that it hasn't ruined it for you completely.

NewMember
Regular

#18 Post by NewMember »

What. I am pretty sure I have not been trolling anymore. Thanks for Lemma for letting me stay. I am now helping people with their projects and not trolling much at all. Sorry. I think I should starting now start to change into a better member, become a better role model and become more serious. My failed attempt at making a simple game not to mention giving little to nothing back to the community. I think it is time for me to change.

If you want I could quit Lemmasoft for a year. Hani Mori and JustAnotherMe I hope you both have my email.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#19 Post by ririruetoo »

Holy shit....I'm so sorry for you Blue Lemma. But you shouldn't let what that asshole lordcloudx get to you! Yeah, I get know that sometimes people say untrue and unkind things, but there will always be people like that! You shouldn't let those types of people get you down! I hope someday, you'll return to us. (^_^)
ImageImageImage

AriaAi
Regular
Projects: Go! Youth!
Deviantart: JunnChii
Soundcloud: JunnChii

#20 Post by AriaAi »

I agree with what everyone else is saying, it's really sad to see you, someone I really admire, go. Even though I've only been on Lemma Soft for only a few months, I can tell that most people here, including you, are really kind and like to help others. When you posted comments, you gave off that aura that you were a kind, big brother type of figure you know? At least to me. Even though we've never really talked, because I usually only lurked. Q vQ Well, even if I do find internet drama on here, I avoid it like the plague so... I can't really give my opinion on about how bad it is. Anyway, I commend you for actually dealing with all of this for 9 years straight. I bet I wouldn't be able to do what you did. You're amazing. And in many more ways than just one.

Really, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for these 9 years you've spent on Lemma Soft and for starting it up in the first place. I hope that where ever you're headed next after this is for the better. I really hope that you do come back to lurk on occasions though, and maybe someday, come back not as an admin, but as a member of Lemma Soft.

Aiurax
Regular
Projects: Becoming Wishful

#21 Post by Aiurax »

I wish there was a sign of forewarning. When I saw the title post I thought it was too early for an April Fool's joke.
I had no idea of the strain the forum had on your wellbeing.
I hope that all this stress has not affected your health, as it has obviously affected your happiness.

I feel like the Commander of the Army has decided to sacrifice himself for his troops, though. :(

I'm not going to say that I haven't been here as long, etc. - because that's a given.
It's obvious that you'd made up your mind to leave, otherwise you wouldn't have posted.
I sincerely hope that you wrote the post with a heavy heart and not only look back at the beginning as the 'Golden Years' but think that throughout the decade the gold just became... shinier.
And grown in abundance.
You might think that you are not being paid for your work but each new (kind, enthusiastic and happy) member that stumbles onto the LSF is like a new golden ingot tossed on an already mountainous pile, with a few imperfect diamonds scattered about that make up 1% of the forum.

I'm not meaning to be poetic, it's just the best way I could describe my feelings on the subject.

From your post it seems your resignation has been a long time coming, I just wish it didn't come so soon.
I also wish that you will at least come back for special occasions (such as Christmas, Easter and the like) just to wish us all the best and to let us know that you're still happy and well.
And don't forget to come back and play the new games that the forum creates!
I'm sure that the new games made will be in loving memory of you.

Thank you for all your hard work.
And sorry for the essay.

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#22 Post by Aashtarsrain »

:(

MiSi
Veteran
Completed: Santa
Projects: On Grey Wings, The Master's Call, Shadowborn ...while having many more in mind ;)

#23 Post by MiSi »

Everything I want to say has been said already and I'm not good with expressing my feelings in English, so...

Good luck with whatever you've planned for the future. It is sad, that you leave, but... I guess, it can't be helped :(

Aquane
Veteran

#24 Post by Aquane »

I can't say much else that others haven't already said... Well Lemma, I thank you for all that you've done for the community. I'm not a member that participates too much seeing as I don't have much time on my hands between work and college, but I notice what you've done for us all.

Good luck to you, seriously you deserve it for putting up with such things for so long. To everyone else who may think it, Lemma doing this doesn't make them weak or any less of a person. Honestly.. 9 years of people like that? Even in a small portion, I could NOT have done it. Your own happiness is whats important and if being admin here has become something that makes you unhappy, then by all means you could never return and I'd be fine with it, so long as your doing what makes you happy. :) I will miss you though.

To anyone like this lordcloud person.. ugh they are just so pathetic. I cannot even put into words the frustration I feel when people like that start drama on the internet. Internet drama, to me is worse. Why? I can't go up and punch them in the face I can't usually get closure. People like that are the scum of the earth, I hope they suffer knowing that their true colors are hated by most likely anyone they come into contact with... harsh? Heheh. I don't think so, considering the amount of pain they cause.

Anyway enough of my rambling! Good luck Lemma! You'll be missed greatly :)

Junker-Kun
Regular
Completed: Manga Club
Organization: Mr's Hedgehogs team

#25 Post by Junker-Kun »

9 years? I wish I've found this forum earlier =(

Well I can't say anything about internet drama or something as I've actually never seen something like this (at least not in these scales). But I do understand what is it to be an admin. So, thanks for all work you did, Lemma. If it wasn't for you, we would never have such a good forum.

Good luck, and I hope you'll at least read your own forum sometime.
"Don’t be sad. Even if the world won’t forgive you, I’ll forgive you.
Don’t be sad. Even if you won’t forgive the world, I’ll forgive you.
So please tell me. How do I make you forgive me?"

Frederica Bernkastel

LizBeth
Projects: A Cat with One Life

#26 Post by LizBeth »

As do I Junker-Kun... I've only been here a week or two, but I've gotten to experience some of the best games on the internet because of its existance. Thank you for everything Lemma! I'm sorry you've had to much to deal with, but I wish you luck with whatever comes next.
Last edited by LizBeth on Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nejisa
Regular
Projects: Third Eye

#27 Post by Nejisa »

What? i cannot believe this... i didn´t have any idea things like that were happening, im new in this forum, though.

I hope things can be fixed so you don´t have to leave the forum... i don´t know, may be it has been really, really difficult for you all these past years, and i don´t even know you, but i´m sure everybody will miss you so much.... :(

Please, don´t leave....

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#28 Post by teacup »

N-no way..! D:
This is horrible news!!
I've been on many forums before, and you are probably the kindest admin I've ever known.
I won't forget how you encouraged me when I was down.
I contemplated leaving too. But you told me not to let the mean people on this forum get to me and that's why I made the decision to stay here.
You gave me such good advice - please, follow it!!
I hope you still stick around, even as just a regular member. ;_; It won't be the same without you!

Elster

#29 Post by Elster »

I may be new here, but thank you for everything you've done for this forum. It's unlikely I would have ever become part of the visual novel scene without it.

I wish you the best in your future ventures.
Writers are liars, my dear, surely you know that by now? - Neil Gaiman

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#30 Post by MaiMai »

Oh dammit.

BlueLemma, you definitely need that break from the forums. You deserve it, but I also hope to still see you around because you are honestly one of the most pleasant and reasonable admins on any forum I've ever been on even when shit hit the fan. Dude, I really hope you can get a load off your shoulders because seriously it sucks to deal with this sort of BS from people on a forum you run :(

I think your maturity when handling certain situations on LSF helped me watch myself and stay out of BS I knew I wouldn't be mature enough to handle. And we all need a cool down period- lord knows I take a lot of those when I get tired of certain things here.

I wish you the best man, still hope you're around <3
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)