Goodbye From Lemma - Thank you for 9 years of VNs

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

Re: Goodbye From Lemma - Thank you for 9 years of VNs

#46 Post by HikkiPanda »

Off course he can ^^

And I hope by reading all of this, he can become a bit more happier ... . ^^;

I just wish that he simply resign instead of leaving the forum T__T

PrivateEyes
Regular
Completed: House 666
Projects: Shattered Eternity

#47 Post by PrivateEyes »

What the deuce, I'm gone for 3 months and this happens?! D:

I really hate to see you go, but I do know how stressful it can be to be an administrator for forums. 9 years of handling bull without any physical benefit can break even the most fair- tempered of people.

That being said, I really am grateful for all you have done and your helpful remarks on my first project. Wherever you may go, I wish you the best of luck.

~ PE ~
Why live if in the end, we all die? I guess to suffer? I really have no clue.....

Please visit my Youtube channel! :D http://www.youtube.com/user/YugiohGX913?feature=mhum

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#48 Post by Enerccio »

Aleema wrote:The question is by whom, and lordcloudx certainly fits the bill, especially after his horrible game about destroying aspiring game makers' hopes and dreams because LOL.
Let me strongly disagree with this statement. As an old crowd, I love the game. It showed me how much of "noob" with unrealistic point of view I was. And how long it took to get rid of wanting to write epic length visual novels. It was beautiful game and I am glad I read it.

As for Blue lemma going, I am not following any of this drama, because, well, who cares. I want to make visual novels, not socialize on forums. So, bon voyage, I suppose. It is after all your choice.
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#49 Post by Gear »

I've been through what you've been through, BlueLemma, and I have to state that your tenacity far exceeds mine. I had one guy try to bring down my forum for a very long time, and after two years, I gave up. I don't think I could have gone nine if I tried.

This is an amazing forum. I'm still new here, but you've created a wonderful community that has driven me to do even better in my VN. Advice, support, constructive criticism, all of it has helped me grow creatively, and we all have you to thank for all of this. Hopefully, your time away from the drama will help reduce your stress levels.

Take care of yourself!
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#50 Post by Aleema »

Enerccio wrote:Let me strongly disagree with this statement. As an old crowd, I love the game. It showed me how much of "noob" with unrealistic point of view I was. And how long it took to get rid of wanting to write epic length visual novels. It was beautiful game and I am glad I read it.
That's fine, we can disagree. I frankly don't see much difference from his game and bullying (humiliating someone and then calling it a joke). It's like telling kids there isn't a Santa. There's really a difference if you let them figure it out on their own. This is pretty off-topic, though ...

applegirl
Veteran

#51 Post by applegirl »

Blue Lemma, thank you for making this great forum and for being here for so long with words of great encouragement and care. I'm sorry to see that a troll (or many) had such a horrible effect on your experience. Please remember the rest who deeply appreciate the great community you've made.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Thank you for all your mod support throughout the years, Lemma.
deviantART
---------------------

purple_pockets
Regular

#53 Post by purple_pockets »

I know how frustrating this type of person can be-they are beyond reason.
I know this is cliche, but actions speak louder than words when it comes to someone's personality. This type of person really isn't mad at you. He is mad at his mom or dad or something like that. For some reason, instead of getting help, this sort of person lets the anger fester like a toothache, and one day blows up for whatever reason. Its horrible being around someone like that.

I didn't realize all the crap that you go through on a daily basis. I know how people like lordcloudx can make you feel-they can make you mad, frustrated because they don't listen and get upset for petty reasons, sometimes even cry. I am glad that you just walked away. You have shown that you are far more mature than he is. I can guarantee that he does this sort of thing in real life too, and makes everyone around him miserable. And he likes it and feels some sort of release because someone is finally paying attention to him. People like this will yell, cuss at you, and make vulgar comments (or gestures) in public in front of everybody. He thinks he is embarrassing you. In reality, everyone thinks that he is a fruitcake.You didn't grovel and you stood your ground. You didn't let him harrass you.

You did a great job, and I understand that dealing with a ton of people can be quite challenging. If I had to deal with one person like this online, I would probably leave the website and never come back. It is too aggravating to have to deal with this type of person. If it isn't obvious right now, I have been around this type of person a lot... but I am not in a situation right now where I can just say "Enough!" and walk away.

Okay, my personal rant aside, I think that you are very strong, but not a troll that crushes people because he can. I am so glad that you did let this forum grow, and I am glad that you have stuck with it for so long. I hope you find something out there that brings you happiness.
A teenager's favorite phrase:
No sé y no me importa.
Translation: I don't know and I don't care

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#54 Post by Cidz »

sorry about the drama and sorry about you leaving. maybe after you cool down you can come back again.

ive never seen or experienced any drama around here. but im like the quiet newbie that rly never talked to many people or anything other then a few board exchanges like updating my WIP thread, asking ppl and thanking em for drawing me a picture, posting here and there lol. and everyone seems nice i mean i dont read every little thread or visit every little place every day, but overall it seems like a nice place.

but like the saying goes "one rotten apple spoils the bunch" or something like that, so take care and thanks for making this forum its nice to have a place to go where i can talk to other like-minded people.

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#55 Post by Elze »

Okay that was sudden.

I think most of the members have mentioned whatever can be said. Well, the internet is a crazy place and people do stupid things because it's so easy to get away with it. That's why I'm not very surprised to hear about such things happening. Regardless, you have my gratitude for having started this forum and my respect for your decision. I hope you'll still pop by every once in a while though! And good luck in whatever you choose to do. C:

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#56 Post by Alera »

*a bit late*

Goodbye! ^^/ It was awesome having you here. And a great pleasure to work with you~ Thank you very much for everything! See you around. ;'D *is thinking positively*
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#57 Post by SilverxBlue »

Oh, man! I just skim through the whole forum for the past few weeks since I can only go online through my phone because of my real-life issues, and once I finally got back on track, I find this. D:

Anway, thank you so much for creating lemmasoft and I wish you luck with whatever path you'll choose to take.

And like all the others here, I hope to see you around as well. ^_^
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#58 Post by Blue Lemma »

Thank you, everyone. Like I wrote, most of you are very nice, contribute positively, and are no problem at all :)
I think I'll poke my head in every once in a while, but the whole admin thing needs a looooooong vacation.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#59 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Blue Lemma! I thought you won't come back again! Welcome back!!! TT_TT *cries a flood*
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#60 Post by TsukiShima »

I'm.. so happy as well.. You don't know how relieved I am! I'm so glad you won't just leave..

I wish you Happy Holidays Lemma!