Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
- Der Tor
- Posts: 489
- Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:03 pm
- Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice
- Projects: Ultimate Yandere Simulator, The Comic Strip "Nami Otaku", Koenchu (German version)
- Location: Deutschland
But back then there were no engines, so it was created with an adventure game engine, so I guess technically it doesn't count, as it is technically an adventure game.
And if it doesn't count, it's hard to say - or rather hard to remember. I remember playing "Tales of Lemma" back when it came out - but it probably wasn't the first one I played. The first professional one (or at least the one I most fondly remember) was Ever17.
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:54 pm
- Projects: Mr. End of The World
- Tumblr: http://dvd2heart.tumblr.com/
- Deviantart: dvd201
The first translated VN i played was probably Tsukihime. I was exposed to the characters through Vanilla Melty Blood and wanted to know more. After that, Type Moon became one of my favorite developers.
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 4:47 am
- Projects: The Lost Sheep Of Purgatory 「煉獄の亡羊」
- Organization: House Of Duematrix
- Tumblr: HouseOfDuematrix
- Location: A Dark Cliff Overlooking The Moon
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:47 pm
- Projects: WIP Fantasy/Adventure VN
- Tumblr: wolfganghelps
- Deviantart: muhshroom
- Location: Oregon
I then played mobile otomes, which was basically just the Shall We Date series.
First VN on PC was definitely (P)lanets. Loved that one, and am forever sad that (P)lanets 2 got cancelled.
EDIT: Take it back. I played Frozen Essence (BIG TIME FAVE) and RE: Alistair right around the same time. Idk which was first. And then Katawa Shoujo, n it just snowballed from there lol.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:50 pm
- Projects: Summer Wonderland, The Magic Castle (titles subject to change)
- Location: Otakebi Land~
Users browsing this forum: No registered users