I feel faint O_e. . . must relax

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
MJDAlleria
Regular

I feel faint O_e. . . must relax

#1 Post by MJDAlleria »

Hello everyone; Good Morning | Good Afternoon | Good evening

Currently very exhausted, much more than after exam week. Trying to create a VN (my first I must add), I really never expected it to drain all the energy I have. So to recharge I try to watch anime or read tons, tons of manga.

Not to mention, every time looking at the Java Script makes me dumber than I am. I thought I had the whole story thought out but it seems nothing always goes according to plan... ah... I need to relax...

What do you guys do normally to relax?

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

Re: I feel faint O_e. . . must relax

#2 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Please define this word "relax" To be honest, I don't c: If I hit a particularly hard working block, I just screw around. Knit a bit more of my scarf, stare at my turtles, water that potted plant at my desk, play video games, etc. But for some reason, none of these things help lower my stress D:
MJDAlleria wrote:Trying to create a VN (my first I must add), I really never expected it to drain all the energy I have.
'Tis the woe of a game maker. You pour your soul into making a game, and even then people may not like it. You should have known how much trouble it was going to be, so try to grin and bear it.
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

MJDAlleria
Regular

#3 Post by MJDAlleria »

Rewritten Ennui wrote:Please define this word "relax" To be honest, I don't c: If I hit a particularly hard working block, I just screw around. Knit a bit more of my scarf, stare at my turtles, water that potted plant at my desk, play video games, etc. But for some reason, none of these things help lower my stress D:
MJDAlleria wrote:Trying to create a VN (my first I must add), I really never expected it to drain all the energy I have.
'Tis the woe of a game maker. You pour your soul into making a game, and even then people may not like it. You should have known how much trouble it was going to be, so try to grin and bear it.
Cool, you know how to knit. Turtles? A potted plant... mmm... the last time I remember seeing turtles was in old school but it was traumatic sight of the last time I saw them. Ahem, well it nice to have turtles... What's their names? (very curious because all that comes to mind is Ninja Mutant Turtles)

Haha, yeah I dread for the day when the game may be completed. Grin and bear it! Okay! I SHALL USE THE POWER OF DUCK TAPE!!!

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#4 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

MJDAlleria wrote:Ahem, well it nice to have turtles... What's their names? (very curious because all that comes to mind is Ninja Mutant Turtles)
I have 3 turtles right now. Their names are adjectives proclaiming their size relative to each other, but it changes very often depending on my mood. To be blunt, they don't have set names :c

Back on topic: just take a break from your game if you can't work on it. Try playing a few other games on the site and see how other people do theirs. You might get divine inspiration all of a sudden and go back into a working spree before you know it.
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

MJDAlleria
Regular

#5 Post by MJDAlleria »

^^ ah... turtles.... no set names.

Will do, though the last time it just made look into my wallet instead of feeling inspired haha...

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#6 Post by Tag- »

Honestly, when I'm frustrated or stressed, I draw xD''

Though if drawing is what's got you stressed in the first place, I like to sit outside in the cool breeze and read a book or grab my game consoles xD
Listening to music is always nice too o3o
PM me if needed

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#7 Post by teacup »

What I love to do to relax is go into my room, turn on the fan so it's at a really comfortable temperature, and lay down on my bed with the lights off. Turn on my ipod to a nice song, preferably one without words [my favorite band to listen to when I need to relax is Dj Okawari]. Close eyes. Get lost in the music. XD
Make sure your phone is silenced and everything so you aren't bothered by outside problems.
I usually do this for about an hour until my head is clear and I feel better. Music is healing!
It may also inspire some more scenes for your VN. :D you should try it!

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#8 Post by Reikun »

I second Tag- xD I also draw when I'm stressed out. But if drawing is stressing me out, then I go on tumblr and waste time (.___.);;;; Music is a good source of relaxation if you listen to the right kind of music to make you feel calm. Or I play games... xD
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#9 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I don't relax unless I'm asleep -.-

When I'm really stressed and I'm trying to calm myself I try to breathe deeply and attempt to stop my mucles from tensing up. I might try to do something fun or go for a walk, or in some cases directly tackle what is making me stressed.

MJDAlleria
Regular

#10 Post by MJDAlleria »

Tag-, teacup, Reikun, Auro-Cyanide; mm.... drawing, music, playing video games or just sleeping ^^

Ah.... the daily routine. I'll try out the music, I've been wanting to listen to something without lyrics. I know smooth jazz will do the trick! As for the video games maybe I'll try to steal the game console back to play Skyrim from my sibling. Lastly for the sleeping bit.... What is sleep? Just kidding, napping would be nice if only I didn't have to sleep next to a wall that would leak water on rainy days ^^" (always exhaust self completely to sleep).

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#11 Post by JustAnotherMe »

uhmmm~ I don't know if you like me, I play my piano, maybe just make something up, something random, I usually end up making sad songs or some kind of awful jazz. Or well, singing. I like taking a bath with warm water, comfort myself around fragrant soaps and aromatic candles while turning on the music, dimming the light, close your eyes and drink a wine... ahhhh~ that's like a heaven on earth... though it might be far better to use jacuzzi because you'll get a massage along with it.

Or you could try to tidy up your room, clean everything include yourself, use fragrant oil or something, maybe decorate it a bit, make some changes in your room. Then you'll get your body tired (in a good way) and you'll get a nice good sleep. (I think that you must do something about that leaking though... Q^Q)

I hope I can help ^^
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

MJDAlleria
Regular

#12 Post by MJDAlleria »

JustAnotherMe wrote:uhmmm~ I don't know if you like me
Now why would you think that I don't like you JustAnotherMe?
JustAnotherMe wrote:(I think that you must do something about that leaking though... Q^Q)
Actually there isn't anything wrong with wall, it just condenses tons of liquid that's all other than that the wall is fine and people think I'm insane when I say the wall is wet when don't have any holes to let the rain in. But once you touch the wall you can feel it dripping as well the wall has an electrical socket.... one mistake and it might cause sparks then fire to my bed! ^^ Though it's fine nothing bad happened and my country is usually a bit dry. (only have 2 season)

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#13 Post by JustAnotherMe »

MJDAlleria wrote:
JustAnotherMe wrote:uhmmm~ I don't know if you like me
Now why would you think that I don't like you JustAnotherMe?
oopsie~ it's not as in like and hate~ it's uhmmm~ similarity? sorry to make confusion XD
MJDAlleria wrote:
JustAnotherMe wrote:(I think that you must do something about that leaking though... Q^Q)
Actually there isn't anything wrong with wall, it just condenses tons of liquid that's all other than that the wall is fine and people think I'm insane when I say the wall is wet when don't have any holes to let the rain in. But once you touch the wall you can feel it dripping as well the wall has an electrical socket.... one mistake and it might cause sparks then fire to my bed! ^^ Though it's fine nothing bad happened and my country is usually a bit dry. (only have 2 season)
I think there's a... wall paint that actually good in making the wall not uhmmm 'easily passed by the water'?

My country's have 2 seasons only too :D
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

MJDAlleria
Regular

#14 Post by MJDAlleria »

JustAnotherMe wrote:oopsie~ it's not as in like and hate~ it's uhmmm~ similarity? sorry to make confusion XD
I understand now ^^
JustAnotherMe wrote:I think there's a... wall paint that actually good in making the wall not uhmmm 'easily passed by the water'?

My country's have 2 seasons only too :D
mm... maybe I'll suggest it to my family. Though chances of it being done actually is slim haha ^^

Nice, but I wish there were other seasons... I really want to see Autumn/Fall and Winter. Nothing here but topical heat and occasional thunders I meant the rainy seasons.