Discussion of Demographics of Forum Members

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: Demographics of Forum Members

#61 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

PyTom wrote:Just so this thread doesn't go on forever - let's run it for another week, and then limit it to analysis of the results.
Sounds good! Hear that everyone? You've got until the 8th to get your data recorded!
PyTom wrote:In the meantime, here's some fun demographics. I queried the accounts of the 908 users active for the last 21 days, and then took a look at their birthday year. The result is this graph, which skews older than I thought it would.
:lol: That's awesome data!
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

J. Datie
Veteran

#62 Post by J. Datie »

PyTom wrote:
J. Datie wrote:You took the route your parents planned for you, and dagnabbit, that's they way we liked it!
There's a game mechanic in there, I tell you. (Play Act 1 as the parent, and the rest of the game from the child's perspective.)
Barring player indecision, that'd make for the world's most obedient child. XD Although now I want to see a game like that where the parents are older character archetypes and the children are newer moe archetypes.

Mild Curry
Regular
Projects: That's The Way The Cookie Crumbles
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#63 Post by Mild Curry »

Welp, so long as it's for science:

Primary language: English

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by CheeryMoya »

I'm pretty sure these results are going to be skewed anyway since not everyone is posting here :/ I don't know how to feel if there really is a 1:2 guys to girls ratio here either...

P.S. You already got my info counted in since I was Rewritten Ennui; new account doesn't mean a new person >_>

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#65 Post by OtomeWeekend »

^Well, if you'd consider the most active people, I'm betting myself on the 1:2 ratio *bricks*
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#66 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

To be honest, with the threads and posts I've been reading, it really seems to be more of a 1:5 ratio! :lol:
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Seven
Regular

#67 Post by Seven »

Primary Language: Chinese

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#68 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Updated. 2nd most popular language here seems to be Chinese, interesting. :)
Tsundere VN

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#69 Post by DaFool »

Primary Language: American English

Stripe
Regular
Projects: secret!

#70 Post by Stripe »

Primary language: English

:3

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#71 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Primary (And only unfortunately due to circumstances with family): English....(Dad wouldn't let my mom teach Tagalog)
ImageImageImageImage

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#72 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Updated, also @DaFool, I'm assuming "It" meant "undeclared" and that you meant the Philippines for your country.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Tsundere VN

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#73 Post by GlassHeart »

I haven't posted in the forums in a long time (been in lurker mode), but here goes:

Country: Romania (the place where no one knows what a VN is ^^;)
Primary language: Romanian, though online it's English
Image Image

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#74 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Updated, and with that we rapidly approach a 1:3 ratio.
@GlassHeart Thanks for coming out of lurker mode and posting!
Tsundere VN

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#75 Post by carosene »

Primary Language: English

If anyone has any questions about my qenderqueerness feel free to ask or PM me. :) Gender neutral/they/male/female pronouns are all fine.
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA