Jobs

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran
Projects: Rzeczpospolita Polska 1647

Re: Jobs

#76 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

DarkSpartan wrote:Whups- Full-time college student, part-time writer, and father of a two year-old ;)
That's... fascinating. How's it like being a father while still being a college student? I'm a postgrad student who already study too little for his own sake, and already at times I find myself severely short on time. If I had anything akin to a family to take care of, I'd put a 12-gauge in my cranium.

And that sentence, ladies and gentlemen, is on-topic.
One Province Minor - 120 class variables and still counting!

Because there is no such thing as too many variables.

pucedragonlord
Regular
Projects: The Diviner
Organization: Two Crowns Entertainment

#77 Post by pucedragonlord »

College student (triple major, which is far more work than anyone should have in college) and part time computer diagnostics and repair technician. Gonna try and keep that line of work right out of college, since I've been doing it a while, it pays pretty well, and I should still have enough free time to make games.
The more you know

wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

#78 Post by wakagana »

Last summer I worked at a Mini-Golf place on the island I live, was interesting. Helped with learning how to deal with some customers who aren't very polite.

This summer I'm intershipping in a marketing field for a software company. Boxart, Trailers. Etc!

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#79 Post by Der Tor »

hmmm... this is a good question... I have been trying to settle for a job all my live but currently I can't answer the question as i am constantly changing companies.
When I am self employed it's usually something having to do with books and / or computer games (either selling them or creating them - but mostly selling them) and when i am employed with a company it's usually just some menial work like security guard. Currently i am loading trucks. :?

But i am working on starting my own company again and selling computer games again.

RVB
Regular
Organization: Brat Prince Productions
Deviantart: aambrosio

#80 Post by RVB »

I work super-part-time as a graphic designer for a small invitation company... but its not close enough to make a living. I've been searching for a job of months noooowwww... bummer. My girlfriend is a pastry chef, so we live off her dime for the moment... ¦D

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#81 Post by Pyonkotchi »

I need a job ;0; going to college on fall and I have like zero funds ahshdjdjfhgzjsjs

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#82 Post by Hayzel »

Working for a bolt company scanning things. Look under your cars. Most likely it's a bolt we made o3o

Arcanum
Veteran

#83 Post by Arcanum »

I go to Design college at mornings and, in the afternoon, I have an internship at a company that markets TI solutions. I do mostly webdesign and email marketing there.

AriannaSterling
Projects: Elegy

#84 Post by AriannaSterling »

This summer I'm working at my university, painting some of the dorm rooms. It's such an easy job and the pay is awesome, along with my coworkers. (Today we worked for 2.5 hours of the 8 hours we were there, with our supervisor's blessing.)

Usually I'm in school without a job...but this fall I'm thinking of trying to get in at Gamestop. Most of the guys at my store know me anyway, so there's no reason why not.

Merqurial
Projects: The Time Stones

#85 Post by Merqurial »

Currently selling shoes, but really want to break into a grown up job. Have no idea what I want to do, but something where I actually get weekends off and whatnot.

Luxtizer42
Projects: Zero Impact

#86 Post by Luxtizer42 »

I'm a criminal defense attorney. Used to be a prosecutor, but I recently switched over and opened my own practice.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#87 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Full-time student. Sells my drawings for money. :3

iamkaykei
Projects: First Love, Last Love (working name) http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 75#p204975

#88 Post by iamkaykei »

I'm finishing year 12 and working as a casual with regular hours at a dry cleaners doing basic stuff (reception, serving customers, bagging clothes etc)

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#89 Post by Destiny »

I study germanistic and art-/music education, so I will become a german and art teacher in around 3-4 years.
At the moment I deliver newspapers every saturday morning and sometimes do experiments on my university to get some extra cash.
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

yukipon
Regular
Organization: SJP

#90 Post by yukipon »

Full-time student during the Fall and Winter semesters.

During the Summer, I am a "self-employed home bodyguard". But I also frequently work as a pianist as well.
"How do you know my name? Damn, this can only mean one of two things: Either we have met, and you are telling the truth, and I just can't remember it, or you are a spy." ~Setou Kenji (Katawa Shoujo)
Status: Thinking. Planning. And playing Phantasy Star Online 2 JP.