Jobs

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Gambit74
Regular

Re: Jobs

#61 Post by Gambit74 »

Currently a NEET, but will be (hopefully) entering Job Corps by the end of the month and go into computer tech training.
Nothing to see here, folks. For now, anyway...

MariaXia

#62 Post by MariaXia »

I'm a college student, studying pedagogy, which is a education which isn't known in much countries.. but after this I want to become a psychologist, and a writer and... sigh.. I have a very loong road ahead of me...

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#63 Post by kaleidofish »

MariaXia wrote:I'm a college student, studying pedagogy, which is a education which isn't known in much countries.. but after this I want to become a psychologist, and a writer and... sigh.. I have a very loong road ahead of me...
Yes...becoming a psychologist is a long road... I'm a college student, too - Psych major still trying to narrow down my research focuses, some of which do include learning and motivation, which are somewhat related to pedagogy. As for my job, I work part-time in my college's library, maintaining the electronic equipment and such. I'm hoping to work in a lab by next year, though.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

sapiboonggames
Veteran
Completed: I Love You, Brother [BxB]

#64 Post by sapiboonggames »

Still a student in high school for me :D

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#65 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

I teach Engrish to Japanese people. Youngest students are 2. Oldest student is 83.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#66 Post by LVUER »

You teach a 2 years old English? Wow! Not to your job, but to those parents who do that...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#67 Post by Sapphi »

Lucky, lucky people... I would love to go back and fix it so that I could have been learning a second language at 2 years old. I feel so dumb and uncultured by comparison.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#68 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Spoiler alert: Taking 2-year-olds to language lessons once a week is a waste of money. There are much better ways for much less money.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#69 Post by WatchJessieGo »

I'm a full-time college student currently, but once my semester ends on the 1st, I'm going to hunt for a part-time job, which I'm hoping will be at a bookstore. Jessie likes books.

Sochie

#70 Post by Sochie »

I'm still at my third year of High School, but i'd often work at my fathers restaurant during summer time.

But i really reaaaalllyyy would like to work at a bakery/cafe or a quite library. :)

Calissa Leigh
Regular
Completed: No games, just books. :)
Projects: Murder Mystery 1
Organization: Arcato Publishing

#71 Post by Calissa Leigh »

I write books and work for a popular search engine doing data analysis. I work out of my home office. I lovers it. ;)

With any luck, writing games will provide a nice income, and I can just write books and games. That would be great.

Daggett
Regular
Projects: The Gensoukyou Conspiracy (suspended), The Tribulation Of a Torn Anima (suspended), The Gensoukyou Project Funsized Edition
Organization: None

#72 Post by Daggett »

H.V.A.C. as needed, but I might be quitting soon and moving to Kenya.
Individuality's fine... As long as we all do it together.

Cake
Projects: Relativity
Organization: Cake+Code

#73 Post by Cake »

I was a graphic designer for a software company for a year after college, but this summer I'm going to be a Web Applications Engineering intern. (Basically it's a fancy name for marking up web pages in HTML/CSS xD) I freelance as a graphic, web, and UI designer on the side too. :D

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#74 Post by Crocosquirrel »

TrickWithAKnife wrote:Spoiler alert: Taking 2-year-olds to language lessons once a week is a waste of money. There are much better ways for much less money.
Some of those don't even speak their home language yet. Better to take the classes yourself and speak it at home to the two year-old.

Edited to add:

Whups- Full-time college student, part-time writer, and father of a two year-old ;)
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Ionait
Regular
Organization: Chu! Bam! Pow!

#75 Post by Ionait »

I write transcriptions for the company my husband works as the total IT department for. I'm currently looking into writing transcriptions for a new company though... Also, most importantly: Stay At Home Mom! I have a one year old and a three year old.