Jobs

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
darlo
Regular
Completed: Outlandish Move
Organization: Unorganised

Re: Jobs

#121 Post by darlo »

Assistant Language Teacher at 13 schools in Japan.

darkphilious

#122 Post by darkphilious »

University student.

kkffoo
Regular
Completed: Tea For Two [KN]

#123 Post by kkffoo »

I'm a carer for a relative with mental health problems, also fit volunteer work of various kinds around that when possible.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#124 Post by Blane Doyle »

Obscura wrote:I hear you have to be super-careful about burn out when being a caregiver! I think people have written books about it the phenomenon.

I can't discuss the details of my own job right now except I can write an entire book about its ups and downs. This was something I was actually working on before I started my VN project. Making a VN has been far more interesting, however. Writing about my job just made me feel nauseous at some level (who wants to go home after their shift ends and write about what just happened? Not I, apparently.)
*super duper late reply*

Getting burnt out being a caregiver is VERY easy. Apparently Caregiver Burnout is actually considered a medical condition now... and it sounds very "not fun" to put it lightly.

Lucky me, I just happen to already have depression so THAT makes it so much more fun to imagine now that I have discovered it! 8D

I hear ya about writing about your job. Then again, I don't think anyone would want to read about some of the stuff that happens during my job either.

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#125 Post by Cidz »

I work as a caregiver for my mom.

It was really stressful and hard on me at first, and i got pretty depressed but then i got use to it. I only take care of her for a little bit on weekends, we have a main caregiver as well as another lady now that comes by in the mornings, so things are a little easier now.

but being a caregiver can be stressful at times, i think once i graduate (which actually will be this sem.) i might see if i can work full time as one another client other then my mom.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#126 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I'm a (totally unpaid) columnist and editorial cartoonist for our school's English newspaper. I also manage our online literary folio along with my school paper adviser. Probably my payment is in the form of grade incentives, but it's better than nothing. :)

Aside from that, I draw for people, and I'm a typical highschool student. I also teach basic/intermediate Ren'Py coding to my friends, but mostly because we're making a VN and we'd need all the coding help we can get. ^^

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#127 Post by destiny_921 »

Recent high school graduate is my main job for now :3 Just one more week to being completely and utterly done with high school (Read: Finals. Though graduation's already over, so technically I'm not really a high-school student anymore ^^;;)

Anyway.... Writer (lyrics, stories, poetry.etc) and composer (mainly piano, occasionally guitar) as well as an artist...(I paint, sometimes. And experiment with Photoshop.) I occasionally volunteer at church - mainly serving as usher for high school ministry but am considering joining the community care ministry, dance ministry and/or props ministry after finals. I sometimes volunteer for the events organized by children's church.

Current WIPs/projects/stuff include three-four original novels/stories (one of them being a collection of sorts which is three-quarters done), my fics on Fanfiction.Net + stories on Wattpad, co-writing the script for michi 18's Universal Hope and Wisdom Revival, organization of a students' event (with friends - currently on hold until exams are done) and a drama script.

and preparation for my ABRSM grade eight practical exam next year. My teacher says my fingers are gonna suffer >.> SAVEME.

Annnndd...I think that's all.

I also intend to learn Ren'py...
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

thedarkdefender
Regular
Projects: TBTR
Organization: Clockwork Cafe

#128 Post by thedarkdefender »

College student. Currently leeching off my parent's money.

9-of-Hearts
Regular

#129 Post by 9-of-Hearts »

Keeping at least B's in university is my job, because scholarships and grants pay for it as long as I do keep it up.
Otherwise there's this tea house I REALLY want to work at next semester, right by campus. <3

DreamDragonHatchling
Regular

#130 Post by DreamDragonHatchling »

University student second year, sucking blood out of my parents :)
Haven't worked in real work ever but would like to do something related to drawing :( but i'm no good at it :( i think

sapiboonggames
Veteran
Completed: I Love You, Brother [BxB]

#131 Post by sapiboonggames »

Am a high school student. Will be going to university next year though :3
Visit my website: http://www.sapiboong.com

Dougstyles

#132 Post by Dougstyles »

Spent 9 precious months of my life working at a grocery store. Never again.

Currently bumming it up (and loving it) until I make my eventual return to college.