Collaborative LSF VN Project (and I like you.)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: Collaborative LSF VN Project (and I like you.)

#46 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Humor will work better for this sort of thing as varying art styles and writing styles would look awkward in something serious.

Vote: Humor
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#47 Post by Gear »

Modular would be ideal. Two writers collab on two characters crossing over. Then those that still remain at the end can help put together the MASSIVE crossover of all the characters for a brief scene of either butt-kicking or trash-talking.

What about you, BlueLemma. Are you down with this?
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Celianna
Veteran

#48 Post by Celianna »

Have a setting, like a festival of some sorts, and then let people pick out characters from their own work, and enter them in the festival. Then they have to come up with a way to win the festival, and it's really just an all-out battle against other characters.

Good for humour, and everyone gets to participate and write their own characters.
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#49 Post by Gear »

I don't think the battle is a good idea. It still comes down to who would win. I think having each paired character go on a mini-adventure would lend itself to a lot more diversity and humor.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#50 Post by sake-bento »

I like you, too! I'll totally bring you cookies at A-KON this year. : D

I'm pretty busy with work, but if once things get worked out and a general structure for the project is put together, I'll do my best to contribute. I'm fine with any genre, but humor is probably the most natural for me.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#51 Post by Gear »

sake-bento wrote:I like you, too! I'll totally bring you cookies at A-KON this year. : D
I'll hold you to that.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#52 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Gear wrote:I don't think the battle is a good idea. It still comes down to who would win. I think having each paired character go on a mini-adventure would lend itself to a lot more diversity and humor.
After some though, I agree with this. Making things too restrictive can lead to dryness really fast.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#53 Post by Blue Lemma »

Gear wrote:What about you, BlueLemma. Are you down with this?
I'll pass for now... Have enough of my own projects going on @_<
If it's looking like it has a good shot at completion and has a small spot available for me later, I might work on something though :)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#54 Post by Reikun »

Wow, guys this sounds like a really cool project xD (I like you too, Gear)
If it's going to be like a mini-adventure, I was thinking that there could be ONE brand new character for the purpose of this gigantic collaboration, who has a goal to get to at the end of the story, and other people's characters from other VNs can help them along the way to the goal/end. This way we can include a lot of characters, they can have different/distinct mini-adventures which allows shifts in art style, and there could even be characters that lead the MC astray/to a bad ending.

For example: MC has just gone through the forest mini-adventure and is now on a road that forks off leading to two towns. MC can either go to the left with Existing Character A (bad end) or to the right with Existing Character B (continue adventure). I don't know!! xD Just what came to mind after reading all the past replies~

Also, it seems that most people who are interested in this project want it to be a comedy. What kind of world/setting are you guys interested in though? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Modern times? But then I suppose we might not be limited to one type of setting depending on how the mini-adventure transitions are written?
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Enigma
Veteran

#55 Post by Enigma »

Reikun wrote:Wow, guys this sounds like a really cool project xD (I like you too, Gear)
If it's going to be like a mini-adventure, I was thinking that there could be ONE brand new character for the purpose of this gigantic collaboration, who has a goal to get to at the end of the story, and other people's characters from other VNs can help them along the way to the goal/end. This way we can include a lot of characters, they can have different/distinct mini-adventures which allows shifts in art style, and there could even be characters that lead the MC astray/to a bad ending.

For example: MC has just gone through the forest mini-adventure and is now on a road that forks off leading to two towns. MC can either go to the left with Existing Character A (bad end) or to the right with Existing Character B (continue adventure). I don't know!! xD Just what came to mind after reading all the past replies~

Also, it seems that most people who are interested in this project want it to be a comedy. What kind of world/setting are you guys interested in though? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Modern times? But then I suppose we might not be limited to one type of setting depending on how the mini-adventure transitions are written?
This^
Except, maybe not have characters set to a bad ending, but every character's mini adventure has a chance of becoming a bad ending. Speaking of which, what about projects that aren't done yet (like mine) could a character from one of those be included? then again, with the scale of this some of us might end up getting finished before this is done.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#56 Post by Gear »

Even if it's unfinished, as long as the character already exists, they can be included.

Celianna
Veteran

#57 Post by Celianna »

Gear wrote:I don't think the battle is a good idea. It still comes down to who would win. I think having each paired character go on a mini-adventure would lend itself to a lot more diversity and humor.
Well yeah, that's kind of the point. It creates a clear-cut way to make the project: help the characters 'win' the festival, which grants you their ending. This way everything gets their characters in, and gets to write an ending for them winning the festival or something.

You'd just branch off very early in the story, like checking out all the participants, and then deciding which to root for and the rest is decided by the owner of those characters.

So it's not like you'd have to decide on who wins, there would be multiple endings in which everyone wins.
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#58 Post by Sapphi »

Gear wrote:Even if it's unfinished, as long as the character already exists, they can be included.
Hnnngh this sounds so fun... and this here ^^^ is making it so tempting.
But it wouldn't be as funny if I introduced my characters before establishing them in their own universe... *sigh*

By the way, I love everyone here, too. >///>
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#59 Post by Gear »

I'm going to do it. The two characters I plan to use have such strong personalities, it will be too much fun to pass up! Hopefully, I'll have a demo out by then, though, but I can't pass this up if my project won't be done for at least a year.

Chushiki Maho
Regular
Projects: X-Tasy, Teacher Pets, Virus
Organization: Infinite Scribbles Productions

#60 Post by Chushiki Maho »

Humour~ Definitely the most natural. Anyways, this sounds AMAZING. Gear, you have created the idea for the most awesome collab ever~ Kudos to everyone on here that's helping too. :3 I really like Reikun's idea too. Does everyone else agree with this?

NOTE: Hmmm... How about we make a 'moving in time thing'? Or going through alternate universes. We just gotta fond an explanation for that, and voilà~ Multiple settings~
Last edited by Chushiki Maho on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
X-Tasy - GXB (WIP)
~ My Fanfiction
Virus [NaNoRenO 2012]
French to English (or vice-versa) VN translator ~ PM me if interested :3