More Usergroups

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#16 Post by musical74 »

mikey, can I join you on Team Melody? :)

Music is my greatest strength here. I come from a family of singers and can match my voice to others - even if I've never heard them sing before. I have the ear for it...I can't play any intrument, but if you need vocal acting, I can do it. =)

Directing: Second strength. I have a knack for knowing what works where, and what doesn't. Also, having been in a few plays, I respect what the directors do. =)

Writing: So so here. I'm not too much for writing but I do better with other people's works. For example, I can look at what mikey has written with a game and think *Wow, this is a great piece of work!* or not. I do better as a critiquer - is that even a word? - of other's work.

Drawing/Coloring: ummmm stick figures anyone? I LIKE to draw, just..don't have much in the way of ability.

Coding/Programming: UGH. Weakest Link here...Just can't seem to get coding, and I'm a newbie with programming.

That's me in a nutshell. :)

Oh yes, GSK II was great...really liked one path, but that Harem Ending in Tales of Lemma 3 was REALLY something else...:D
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Kikered
Regular
Completed: Quine, The Secret Ingredient
Projects: Metropolitan Blues, Mirai Imouto, Temple Glen, Fuyu no Tabi, MIA
Organization: Team BG

#17 Post by Kikered »

The usergroups idea sounds like a fine one, but how frequently do people actually check them? I guess people would be forced to look at it more often if the idea was implemented though.

Perhaps an alternative could be making a thread and having people post their strengths and such in each category, not unlike what people have already started doing here. Another could be to include the information in signatures or profiles.
Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#18 Post by Alessio »

mikey wrote:By directing I understand a global feel of the whole project, in games this is often synonymous with designing
So that's a mixture of visual/technical director and project manager (what Py'Tom also calls a 'Team Leader' in his slides). I guess that job goes hand in hand with ensuring visual/story continuity. Well, I'd like to think I'm good at that, but only time will tell. :)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#19 Post by papillon »

greatest strengths - completing projects, waving of shoujo-ai banner? :)

- just a butterfly who has to be able to do it all!

MalkMad

#20 Post by MalkMad »

I think I like this ideia! ^^

Let me see:

- Writing:
Surely my best. Creative writing is my far away first strenght. I'm a RPG storyteller since '96! ^^
I'm a cine and reader maniac too! ^^. So I got too much influence! :D
I hav some internal novels and tales all over the net too.
And I'm a philosopher (Graduating), so I can work easly with metaphores, symbologies and subliminal meanings! :D
PS: In portuguese, meanly.

- Music:
My good 2nd one. I play vocal in a Progressive Metal band. I can't play any instrument really good, but i can compose with my band partners. I played in a black metal band too, so I can make Heavy Noise too! ^^

- Directing:
I think that's my second second thing (some kind of 2.2). I hav some experience with plays (acting and directing).
And I can see how my ideias will work in a real thing.

- Drawing:
I'm just not good. I can tell you exactly what I want, but I cant do it. :/

- Programming:
My personal nightmare ><. I studied program thing for 2 yeas (before I change to philosophy). That scared me!
But I can resolve anything with I really try. I just don't like to try! ><
"He was born with the gift of a laughter and a sense that the world was mad."

Rika-chan
Regular

#21 Post by Rika-chan »

I don't know about the groups thing, but I think knowing each other's strengths and weaknesses is good.

I'm probably best at writing. I've always been good at coming up with stories, and I've even finished a couple of novellas. (I don't know about publishing them yet, because there might be more stories that I want to include in them.) I'm also a grammar/syntax fanatic, and am really good at proofreading others' work.

After that, I'm pretty good at drawing. I don't know if I'm that good, though. It seems like a lot of work for me to draw lots of pictures, and I've always been more of a 'character design' kind of artist. I'd say my greatest strength in drawing is my coloring abilities. I just love colors and seem to be good at putting the right colors together.

Next best, I'd say, is programming. Although I only took one semester of programming, I think it really clicked with me. Too bad it was C++ instead of Python.

Near the end is music. It's not that I'm bad at music, it's that I never learned to play an instrument (a sad fact that I am now remedying). I've always loved and appreciated music, and I want to create it, but I don't know how. I used to sing when I was young, and maybe I didn't have the prettiest voice, but I've always been excellent at replicating what I hear, and I have a musical ear, meaning I can tell if something is out of key or being played well.

I've never directed anything, so I have no idea if I would be any good. I've directed myself, when making an RPG for RM2K, but I don't think that really counts. I tried to run an anime group in my area, but it didn't last long. I'm not really sure why, it might have been a combination of the group's apathy, and the fact that I wouldn't do everything myself, as I'm the type that prefers to delegate duties, but I'm not going to treat people like children and check that they're doing what they're supposed to all the time.

In summary, I'd like the opportunity to work with other people on a game. I'm "unproven," I suppose, but I have finished other works besides a game.

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#22 Post by F.I.A »

Well, let's see...

Art: My forte, even though they are not pretty as those known commercial titles. But among all, working on pieces are both entertainment, and frustration. Lvl5

Writing: A branch from my love for comic, I have delevoped qute talent in brainstorming ideas. However, elaborating it might be a problem. Lvl3

Music: Nil talent, but able to pick musics suitable enough for events. Lvl0

Programming: Pretty much leaves all the programming to Ren'py. Cannot code a creative scripts without guide. Lvl1

Staying Ability(As in not eating moot halfways.): Very low. Lvl1
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#23 Post by Alessio »

papillon wrote:greatest strengths - completing projects
That's a very good point, agreed! ^_^

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#24 Post by Vatina »

Hmm well, I'm an artist.... and not much more than that :P
I've been drawing practically all my life, but I can only do character and creature art, no backgrounds (I'm not very good at those). I almost only use traditional methods for drawing, since I am not very fond of cg'ing my pictures.

I also write from time to time, but I don't think I would be able to get the time to write something for a visual novel (unfortunately).