Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#196 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I dunno what, but I think I just got "sexually assaulted" verbally a while ago. Right, in front of me. With my MOTHER.

Seriously. I still don't know how to react.

I was with my mother at the FX terminal a while ago, when this fare collector we see often approaches us as usual. We see him a couple of times, even gives us "VIP treatment" by making us sit on the front passenger seat at the FX regularly. A while ago, he made a joke to mom about someone's bumper being big, which I didn't get at all. Mom just laughed at it as the next vehicle approached and we rode.

But then, when we got home, mom keeps on saying that the fare collector was a pervert, and that the joke was very offensive. I asked why, saying I didn't see anything sexual with his joke a while ago. But when she tried to explain the fare collector was actually talking about ME, I didn't know how to react.

Yes, I'm a girl.

This is why I will never go home alone now. Lots of perverts in the street.

I seriously need to get this off. I'm kinda afraid it might come to worse things at the future. I'm getting scared ><

jeje
Regular

#197 Post by jeje »

Yesterday: (psychic teach) 2 days again we'll have a psychic test on pg this to pg that.
Me: oh no... Again...
After first break, today: (chemist teach) this will be in the test tomorrow...
Me: what???! Chemist?? There's already psychic!!
Before second break, today: (math teach) remember this because I'll test you tomorrow to see if you really understand what I taught you!
All class: @#;/'_"+*.!?({>÷•£¤!!!!!!

Really? I don't care anymore.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#198 Post by Mink »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:Yes, I'm a girl.

This is why I will never go home alone now. Lots of perverts in the street.

I seriously need to get this off. I'm kinda afraid it might come to worse things at the future. I'm getting scared ><
I feel your pain. I haven't walked to a fast food place since that asshole who kept trying to get me to stop/tell him my name/talk to him. From his house.

...8|
LateWhiteRabbit wrote:Definitely sounds like a creepy guy, but it brings up an interesting point.

Depending on the age range of the people involved, it can be really necessary to ask someone's age before continuing to flirt or asking them out, and men are kind of in a "damned if you do" "damned if you don't" situation. Some girl's will take it to mean they WANT you to be underage, others will take it to mean they want you as close to 18 as possible on the OTHER side, and some women just don't think it's lady-like to discuss ages. I used not to ask the girls I dated how old they were - I just relied on the "they look old enough and aren't in a place frequented by minors rule", then I ended up with a freaking 15 year old one time, so now I card my dates. It's rude, but better than risking a statutory rape charge.

Of course, eventually you reach an age where even hitting on 18+ year old girls would be creepy, so the need to ID goes down. That 15-year-old incident scared me bad though. Knowing that particular girl, however, even if I'd asked she'd have probably lied . . . . :?
I mean, I understand wanting to make sure the person is of age, but the way he did it was not the way to do it. Plus, this guy looked like he was twice my age, which would place him in his forties, at least. No, just...no. I already have a dad, and I don't want the one I got. The bastard.

...I just realized something sad. I have more experiences with creepy men than men hitting on me/asking me out without being a freak about it. And girls don't hit on me, sadly; all I get from girls is, "D'awww, you're adorable!" like I'm some kind of cat.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Dollywitch
Veteran
Projects: Celestial Knight Iris, Thread

#199 Post by Dollywitch »

i think i am going to kill myself.

there are true monsters in this world hiding where you least expect it.

i can trust noone and have no hope for my future.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#200 Post by Sapphi »

Dollywitch wrote:i think i am going to kill myself.

there are true monsters in this world hiding where you least expect it.

i can trust noone and have no hope for my future.
HEY! NO!!

What's the matter, what's going on? :(
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dollywitch
Veteran

#201 Post by Dollywitch »

there is someone I know right now that knows exactly how I feel and honestly doesn't care if I live or die.

they were someone i trusted and seemed like the most innocent person ever. i was always nice to them and they never had any problems with me

then out of nowhere they tore into, everything i'd been doing lately and shoving in wads of victim blaming for good taste.

it was frightening seeing someone turn like that. it made me just snap entirely. i can't even describe what the inside of my head is like but the fact that ik now they still don't care.

i simply cannot trust anyone anymore. this person was unimaginably cruel and i have no doubt that nobody will tell them this because this is what happens when you're popular.

but i never got any warning for this. none. they never brought up a problem with me ever and then blamed me for everything. they gave me no chance to explain themselves and had already decided we would never be friends.

i have had too much of this. too much backstabbing, epople leaving me because i'm depressed, all sorts. it can't go on. it does NOT get better. it only gets worse. even when you think you're being emotionally torutred it can sitll get worse and NOBODY will give a fuck

the downside is i'm probably too scared to kill myself either. but unfortunately(as it's not a nice way to go) i have an illness that could kill me if i got stressed enough. this also scares me, a lot. i aslo get unstable sometimes so can seriously injure myself anyway. i'm at risk like this and there's nobody around to talk to. soon i might not be able to type or talk. i don't know what to do.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#202 Post by Dollywitch »

it keeps on going. i just can't take it. how can someone like that exist.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#203 Post by Dollywitch »

why have we raised a generation of people who seem to think it's approrpaite to feel nothing towards those you hurt

Dollywitch
Veteran

#204 Post by Dollywitch »

i cant move from my chair

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#205 Post by Sapphi »

Aww... :(

Please try to calm down... don't make rash decisions to hurt yourself in this frame of mind, you will regret it when you feel better...

I don't know why people act like that, but it seems like that person might not be the most stable either. I've had someone explode on me before when I didn't even realize I was doing anything that made them upset... it was terrible but I realized they were in a bad state of mind because they had been bottling up their feelings for awhile. But you can't be blamed for doing something they didn't like when they didn't have the maturity/courage to step up and talk to you about it in the first place!

Please don't stop trusting people entirely just because of the cruel people you meet, everyone needs a shoulder to cry on sometimes and there are truly good people in the world, I know it. I bet if that person really understood how you felt they would care. If they knew even a fraction of your pain, I'm sure they would regret the things they said immediately.

Is there maybe a suicide hotline or something like that, that you can call just to talk to a reassuring voice?
Dollywitch wrote:why have we raised a generation of people who seem to think it's approrpaite to feel nothing towards those you hurt
I think it's a defense mechanism really, they are afraid of being hurt so they treat other human beings like garbage instead of forming real relationships with them. I don't know why it's happened, I think everyone is so full of pride and so scared to let anyone see their weaknesses that they can't stop to see that they really do need other people. They are lost, just floundering around in life and have never learned how to have real relationships...
Last edited by Sapphi on Mon May 14, 2012 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dollywitch
Veteran

#206 Post by Dollywitch »

but it keeps happening. this time it was just insane though. they were unquestionably wrong in every way. but nobody will call them on it. and of course it's the typical "don't talk to me again" which is a great think to say when realistically, you're the one who's being far more abusiv.e

I just can't rationalise this. of course i can't be blamed for it. and that's my problem. rationally, i am not to blame for this. yet these things happen, a lot. not quite as horrible .

i can't trust people or get close to them because people always end up dojng this. and when i live a life where it's one misery after the next, what is the point?

i only seem to meet cruel people.

how can i trust anyone if someone i thought was perfectly nice and inccoent, who i was kind to, turns around and becomes a frightening monster?

i just cannot exaggerated the extent to which these people value their own privilege over my wellbeing

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#207 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Dollywitch wrote:why have we raised a generation of people who seem to think it's approrpaite to feel nothing towards those you hurt
Sugar, it will be good if you calm down a little. I know you are hurt and it isn't going to go away easily, but it will help you if you can do it.

Secondly, if you really want someone to talk to, try the hotline available in your country. That is what those people are there for and they are professionally trained to handle this type of thing. I'm not sure where you are, but the American one is 1-800-784-2433.

People sometimes say stuff they don't really mean as a way of lashing out. This person may be trying to handle their own emotional issues. The best thing you can do right know is to find someone to talk to, whether they are someone you know, a teacher, a parent, a counsellor or one of the help phone operators, okay :) There is always someone to listen.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#208 Post by Dollywitch »

the problem is that these people is consistantly following it up. i can understand why someone might lash out. but these peoplehas gone from being consistantly timid(in some cases,n ot as much in others) to consistantly monstrous and uncaring.

i can't leave my chair right now an d i don't know where my phone is.

i try to warn people how certain trigger me like this. regardless of whether or not i kill myself, something sedvere might hpapen to me. i have an auto-immune condition that is sensitive to stress.

the problem isn't with being hurt now and again. it's with constant hurt. basically, once you get deprssed enough and are unable to handle that, you start losing more and more people because people are wired to think it's not their problem if they trigger you and anything they do you you is your fault(victim blaming).

i can't talk to my parents, and htis is the other big trigger for this. my parents are extremely insensitive about my condition, about my anxiety and panic attacks. they go on about how they spend their life running around after me but if they can't show respect to my condition it ends up not amountin tom uch. my dad seems to be pretty much disowning me at the moment

and againm, he should know full well the consequences of his actions.

i've lost so many friends just down to depression even. and my own parents won't even understand me. they just etll me to "Pull away from things" when even if I do i only encounte rthe same problem somewhere lse.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#209 Post by Dollywitch »

it's 6 in the morning here9Haven't slept obviously) and nobody's online. this is also, now that I count them up, the only active forum i go on. i barely know most of the people here and a lot of the people i do know are only helping cause these problems. but what else do i do. if i start posting it on facebook or wherever i start losing friends again.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#210 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Dollywitch wrote:the problem is that these people is consistantly following it up. i can understand why someone might lash out. but these peoplehas gone from being consistantly timid(in some cases,n ot as much in others) to consistantly monstrous and uncaring.

i can't leave my chair right now an d i don't know where my phone is.

i try to warn people how certain trigger me like this. regardless of whether or not i kill myself, something sedvere might hpapen to me. i have an auto-immune condition that is sensitive to stress.

the problem isn't with being hurt now and again. it's with constant hurt. basically, once you get deprssed enough and are unable to handle that, you start losing more and more people because people are wired to think it's not their problem if they trigger you and anything they do you you is your fault(victim blaming).

i can't talk to my parents, and htis is the other big trigger for this. my parents are extremely insensitive about my condition, about my anxiety and panic attacks. they go on about how they spend their life running around after me but if they can't show respect to my condition it ends up not amountin tom uch. my dad seems to be pretty much disowning me at the moment

and againm, he should know full well the consequences of his actions.

i've lost so many friends just down to depression even. and my own parents won't even understand me. they just etll me to "Pull away from things" when even if I do i only encounte rthe same problem somewhere lse.
The most important thing you need to do is talk to someone who is trained to handle your situation. Most people do not really understand the issue, and in the same way we are not fully fit to offer you advice. If you can't talk to someone right now, try and be calm, breathe deeply and relax. Try and excuse yourself if you can and see if you can find a phone. People at places like Hopeline can not only help you for the moment, they can also suggest and help you find solutions for the future. They are open 24 hours, as are most of the helplines. If you are at a place like a school, see if you can find a teacher you like or the principal. It's apart of their duty of care to listen to you.

People generally are self-centered. It doesn't mean they are bad people, but it does mean they can be insensitive to things they do not understand. If this is happening to you a lot it can mean they are just unable to handle the situation in a positive way, or they could have their own problems going on. You can not control their actions, but you can control yours. There are many ways to help people who are feeling depressed, the first step is to ask for help.