Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#346 Post by Sharm »

I know how you feel! This is still happening to me and I've been living on my own for years. I'll talk to my dad about doing something together Saturday and he'll be "Can't, we're going to the family gathering. Aren't you going to?" And of course no one has said a word about this extended family get together to me, then acts like it's my fault I don't know. Grrr....
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#347 Post by Mink »

SWEET BABY JESUS, I HAVE INTERNET ACCESS AGAIN. I resorted to using my crappy phone! /first world problems
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#348 Post by WatchJessieGo »

So, I decided to cosplay again even after giving it up because it's stressful for someone as OCD as I am. I found a character I just really liked and decided to hire a professional seamstress to do it, thinking someone that skilled would surely get the job done properly.
Unfortunately, I just got the first progress photo of the costume, and it's yellow instead of orange. (I'm cosplaying Ohana from Hanasaku Iroha, and her waitress uniform is very much orange.) Granted, only the top has been done at this point, but I don't know if she'll be willing to re-do it without an extra charge. (I payed the first half [$85] of the price upfront for materials, so to buy more materials means I would probably need to pay more money.) There's the option of dyeing it orange (using a red dye on the yellow will most likely get a nice orange color) but I don't know if she's willing to do that.
I also have a hard time asserting myself, so I hope she's really open to fixing this, because I don't want to have to go through the stress of starting an argument or anything...

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#349 Post by Applegate »

What image did you show her to work off of? If it is very clearly orange, address this issue, and refuse to pay if she charges more for extra material. It's not ethical for someone to charge their client for their own mistakes, after all. Not saying anything is an option, but you'd have an inferior costume that way. Where and how exactly did you find this person?

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#350 Post by Sharm »

She put herself forward as a professional, she should act professionally and own up to her own mistakes. I wouldn't pay a cent extra for that sort of mistake.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

WatchJessieGo
Regular

#351 Post by WatchJessieGo »

I gave her probably 15 reference photos of official art work, including http://www.animepaper.net/art/224472/hana-saku-iroha . I found her on cosplay.com - she's gotten all positive reviews and her work is fantastic, so I hope this will be easy to sort out. What's done of the costume itself currently is very impressive, it's just that it's the wrong color.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#352 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Shouldn't be too hard if she's as professional as she seems. It's also possible she couldn't find a color-match, and is planning to dye it already. Either way, a discussion about it is called for.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

WatchJessieGo
Regular

#353 Post by WatchJessieGo »

As soon as I got the picture, I sent her a message back about the color. I also sent one a little after that about possibly dyeing it. She's good about replying back within a day, so I should get an answer back tomorrow at the latest.

Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

#354 Post by Tetiel »

I wake up from a nap and stupidly go down the basement first thing to feed my cat as she's probably hungry (no, she's not kept in the basement, we just keep her food and litter box down there as we used to have a dog who would eat it). I miss the second to last stair and fall down incredibly hard. I didn't hit my head, but I'm seeing stars anyways. My cat's growling at me, but I decided derp de derp, I'll keep going to feed her and then go upstairs to check myself out. I'll be fine. She flies at my leg, bites and attacks me leaving me bleeding pretty badly and I'll probably get an infection.

So... I'm standing there, about to pass out from the fall (most of my vision is black, anyways), but too terrified to move as I'll provoke my cat further and my husband runs down and rescues me. Now we're going to have a fight about her being aggressive and getting rid of her because he's protective of me. I'm the idiot who scared the crap out of her and wasn't going away when she tried to warn me. It's my fault anyways v_v Poor kitty.

WatchJessieGo
Regular

#355 Post by WatchJessieGo »

That's horrible! I hope you feel better! And I hope things go along fine with your husband and cat. D: Take it easy, okay?

Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

#356 Post by Tetiel »

WatchJessieGo wrote:That's horrible! I hope you feel better! And I hope things go along fine with your husband and cat. D: Take it easy, okay?
Thanks. I'm sure it'll be fine. So far there's no sign of infection, though I have significant bruising around the bite part. I'm just happy she didn't get my right hand too bad. I'd be completely screwed then :lol: We haven't exactly had the discussion yet, but I'm hoping that I can convince him it was entirely my fault, not hers.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#357 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

It's the start of school at June 4 and I'm not really excited. I mean, I haven't even wrapped my books in plastic yet. XD

The only thing I was happy at school is that our second year teachers that I liked were at third year... the only problem if they'd be at our section. I hope they are. X_X

Patty
Regular
Completed: Letters for You, Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks
Projects: Paradox

#358 Post by Patty »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:It's the start of school at June 4 and I'm not really excited. I mean, I haven't even wrapped my books in plastic yet. XD

The only thing I was happy at school is that our second year teachers that I liked were at third year... the only problem if they'd be at our section. I hope they are. X_X
I can totally relate! X_X (except mine's on June 6) Worst part is when parents constantly remind you that day is approaching... @_@

I'm also incoming third year high school, btw :D Cool coincidence~ Wish you the best of luck at school~
Letters for You [KN] [NaNoRenO 2012] : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=14271

Paradox [NaNoReNo 2013] WIP: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=19714

Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=28476

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#359 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Patty wrote:I can totally relate! X_X (except mine's on June 6) Worst part is when parents constantly remind you that day is approaching... @_@

I'm also incoming third year high school, btw :D Cool coincidence~ Wish you the best of luck at school~
Gosh, Patty! The pain! The pain of waking up early and falling asleep again and all those things and sleeping late and projects and teachers
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH

Ooh, that means we're around the same age, then. :3

Patty
Regular
Completed: Letters for You, Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks
Projects: Paradox

#360 Post by Patty »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:
Patty wrote:I can totally relate! X_X (except mine's on June 6) Worst part is when parents constantly remind you that day is approaching... @_@

Gosh, Patty! The pain! The pain of waking up early and falling asleep again and all those things and sleeping late and projects and teachers
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH

Ooh, that means we're around the same age, then. :3
Those projects and assignments always arrive simultaneously as well... D: The pain of sleeping early! TT_TT and not being able to chat up friends in different timezones T_T

Cool, someone around my age! ^w^/
Letters for You [KN] [NaNoRenO 2012] : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=14271

Paradox [NaNoReNo 2013] WIP: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=19714

Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=28476