Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#421 Post by fleet »

People think they can be rude because of the anonymity of the Internet. If someone is abusive to you, I suggest that you report the post. If someone is reported enough times, eventually they'll be banned.
Last edited by fleet on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#422 Post by Taleweaver »

I just saw something that's so awful that I cannot look away:
[youtube]ePNdcdNm9fY#![/youtube]
Yes, this is what it looks like.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#423 Post by Anna »

....Ugh....ugh... Taleweaver you've scarred me ;_;. That is so wrong.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#424 Post by teacup »

Taleweaver wrote:I just saw something that's so awful that I cannot look away:
W-wait, is that a real cat?
It is isn't it?
If it is I swear I'm going to cry :(

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#425 Post by Elze »

It's a real cat. Saw that thing getting shared on my fb wall. Apparently an artist decided to make a helicopter out of his dead cat (who died in a car accident).
You can read the article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... d-car.html

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#426 Post by Applegate »

The desc says it's a tanned hide. I want to believe someone did not just turn his dead cat into a toy.

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#427 Post by WatchJessieGo »

Cosplay issue resolved. The seamstress I hired said that she will see if dyeing the fabric would be an option, and if not, then she will buy new fabric. =w=

Anyway, since this is the "get that thing off your chest" topic, my sleep schedule has been completely messed up ever since my semester ended. I take depression meds (which also help me sleep - actually, after taking them for four years, I can't sleep without them) every day, once at night and once in the morning (basically, every 12 hours).
Once Summer break started, I caught up on some sleep and didn't wake up until the late afternoon (around 3:00 PM). Since it's not good for me to just skip out on my medicine, I had to take it then. That meant that I couldn't take my nighttime dose until 3:00 AM (I'm allowed to back it up an hour, though, but that's still 2:00 AM). Because I took it so late, I couldn't fall asleep until a couple of hours after my nighttime dose. This would cause me to sleep in again, and the entire thing would repeat.
Over a month later, this is still happening. And it sucks.

WatchJessieGo
Regular

#428 Post by WatchJessieGo »

Mink wrote:Speaking of people not knowing you, I don't think my sister realizes that saying I have my dad's smile makes me want to have a violent reaction.

Take for example for my sister's rehearsal dinner for her wedding. She's talking to her friends outside. My mom drags me out to go speak to people, of course. I go over, say hello, be the nice polite person I normally am (at least IRL *cough*). Somehow, the topic of how similar my mom, sister, and I look comes up. It's noted that my sister and I look very similar. Fair enough. My sister just has to mention, "Yeah, but she has our dad's half smile." FFFUUU-!

Seriously, I haven't seen my dad in YEARS. He didn't even come to the hospital when I was a toddler dying of heart failure. Yeah, no. I barely smile as it is; do I need to staple my mouth into a frown or something? >8|
I also haven't seen my dad in years. I don't like to get into detail about it because it causes the same reaction you have, but our situations are very similar.

pricklish
Regular
Organization: None

#429 Post by pricklish »

A dead cat --> toy for playing...
How cruel can this world be...
That 6th picture... Now please let me lock my room and cry.

---

I don't feel safe here in my town. I want to move, but unfortunately, I can't do so (for a couple of reason).
Recently the police found out that a serial murderer lived in my neighbourhood. It's really creepy, he was in the front page of every newspaper I have in my house.
And also, a gunman have shot about 7 people in a mall in my town (it was a bit far, but it's still in my town). I really want to move right now...
Cactuses

WatchJessieGo
Regular

#430 Post by WatchJessieGo »

Taleweaver wrote:I just saw something that's so awful that I cannot look away:
That is so wrong. And even when I start to laugh at how ridiculous it is, I immediately stop because I can't stop thinking, "oh, my God, that is so wrong."

At first I thought that was a live cat, then my common sense kicked in and I realized "now way in hell would a cat do that." I can't even hold my cat without her getting squirmy.

-looks at video again-

-shudder-

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#431 Post by Applegate »

That newsarticle posted reveals it was done in the Netherlands. Good gods. Rather than getting something OFF my mind I have something ON it now.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#432 Post by teacup »

pricklish wrote:A dead cat --> toy for playing...
How cruel can this world be...
Horribly cruel.
I think that guy has problems...
Seriously, I loved my dog as well but when she died, NEVER did it cross my mind to turn her body into a helicopter. Or anything remotely close to that.
How messed up does someone have to be to have the thought "oh hey, let's turn my beloved dead pet into a toy that I can fly around!" go through their mind?!

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#433 Post by Sapphi »

teacup wrote: Horribly cruel.
I think that guy has problems...
Seriously, I loved my dog as well but when she died, NEVER did it cross my mind to turn her body into a helicopter. Or anything remotely close to that.
How messed up does someone have to be to have the thought "oh hey, let's turn my beloved dead pet into a toy that I can fly around!" go through their mind?!
Ooof, that was hard to watch... :(
I'm not even sure what to say. I mean, it's not really hurting the cat, but just... seems so sad and disrespectful... I mean, what's he gonna do when he stores the helicopter? Just stash it in a box? I dunno man... When I was younger I thought it was a shame to just bury my pretty cats and thought it would be cool to bring them to a taxidermy place that could put them into a nice pose so I could always remember them the way they were, but I ended up deciding I just wouldn't be able to handle seeing their lifeless bodies and glass eyes where real eyes used to be. I don't know how this guy was able to make a helicopter out of his friend... it's hard to judge him because I think different people cope with loss in different ways, but... jeez...
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#434 Post by Anarchy »

If that's his way of remembering and paying tribute to his pet, I really don't understand why we should judge him. Like Sapphi said, the cat's not being hurt anyway. How is this any worse than letting your dead pets rot away in the ground?

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#435 Post by teacup »

Anarchy wrote:If that's his way of remembering and paying tribute to his pet, I really don't understand why we should judge him. Like Sapphi said, the cat's not being hurt anyway. How is this any worse than letting your dead pets rot away in the ground?
Because he's flying around a cat like it's some kind of a toy, and not the remains of an animal that used to be alive, breathing and thriving? It's not a toy that he should be able to use however he pleases.
That is really disrespectful to the animal. When you lay something to rest, you aren't just leaving it to rot in the ground. Things naturally decompose when they die as a part of life. You can pay tribute to the pet's memory, but leave the body alone. I think what he has done to that animal is wrong. I just cannot see his "tribute to his pet" as anything but sick and twisted.
Just because it was his pet doesn't mean it wasn't also once a living creature that deserves to be respected, even in death.
A comment on that website pretty much sums up my view:
While taxidermy can be tasteful, that is simply sad and grotesque. Rather than treating his supposedly beloved pet with respect, he immediately parades it in a tormented position for as long as people can bear to look at it. Cheap, shallow, and definately not art.
That is simply my view of things and yours may be different.