Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#436 Post by Razz »

Yeah it's pretty gross, like those people that taxidermy their pets and keep them in the room. Then again I plan to do that thing where you turn the ashes of your pet into a diamond ring so...>_> I probably shouldn't be talking.
--------------------------------

Been feeling really depressed about my keratosis, because there's no medical cure for it and all the info online is so conflicting. :( I've tried about 2 things with no effect, and while they weren't costly (natural remedies and all) they still depressed the hell out of me that it's still there.

Now i'm skeptical about trying this guide on seabuckthorn oil because there's about 30 pages of posts going 'okay imma try this' and barely any results. I can't find a single one on the long-term effects of this treatment. Will it come back worse when i stop? Very frustrating to not know this after several hours of reading.

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran
Projects: Rzeczpospolita Polska 1647

#437 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

I just found out today, one and a half year too late, that one person in another online community I was in whom I greatly respected for her ingenious work and utmost care in polishing them, had passed away while I was on hiatus.

Since it would be distasteful and somewhat disrespecting of the dead to pay them tribute in the main community this late (by drawing the ire of other forumers and possibly sparking arguments that should not belong there), I reckon I'd pay my tribute here, in a distant community, thoroughly unrelated to the Mount and Blade fandom.

Rest in peace, Fawzia-Dokhtar-i-Sanjar. Know that your work lives on whenever an enthusiast like myself play your game, and that your efforts have never, ever been in vain.

Respect from an otherwise anonymous player, Argeus the Paladin.
One Province Minor - 120 class variables and still counting!

Because there is no such thing as too many variables.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#438 Post by Taleweaver »

Razz wrote:Been feeling really depressed about my keratosis, because there's no medical cure for it and all the info online is so conflicting. :( I've tried about 2 things with no effect, and while they weren't costly (natural remedies and all) they still depressed the hell out of me that it's still there.

Now i'm skeptical about trying this guide on seabuckthorn oil because there's about 30 pages of posts going 'okay imma try this' and barely any results. I can't find a single one on the long-term effects of this treatment. Will it come back worse when i stop? Very frustrating to not know this after several hours of reading.
As long as you don't have actinic keratosis, my advice is not to do anything; there are no real cures, only snake oil treatments.

If you DO have actinic keratosis, see a dermatologist today. Actinic keratosis can lead to skin cancer, and someone I know lost an ear to it. There are good treatments for actinic keratosis, but they need to be prescribed by a doctor.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

jeje
Regular

#439 Post by jeje »

Why paypal always being a jerk all the time?
And now my account will be closed for whatever security issues they think I have. For god's sake, I only need paypal to buy stupid things. And now what? Wait 180 days to receive my fund?? 180 days???

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#440 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Sounds like you need to call them Six months is a little extreme
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Razz
Veteran

#441 Post by Razz »

Taleweaver wrote:
Razz wrote:Been feeling really depressed about my keratosis, because there's no medical cure for it and all the info online is so conflicting. :( I've tried about 2 things with no effect, and while they weren't costly (natural remedies and all) they still depressed the hell out of me that it's still there.

As long as you don't have actinic keratosis, my advice is not to do anything; there are no real cures, only snake oil treatments.

If you DO have actinic keratosis, see a dermatologist today. Actinic keratosis can lead to skin cancer, and someone I know lost an ear to it. There are good treatments for actinic keratosis, but they need to be prescribed by a doctor.
No it's keratosis pilaris, but it's still just...not fair. The one sure fire thing that works is 100$+ for a small bottle and the effects wear off in a few months. (it's prescribed by dermatologists)

Sigh...may just have to give in and do it. So far i've been willing to smell like apple cider vinegar all day, and then later break out into pimples all over my bodies just to rid myself of it. May as well invest to have some peace of mind...on the plus side i found the best shampoo i've ever had in my life through this. :0

AnthonyHJ
Regular
Projects: Past Mistakes
Organization: Freya's Aett

#442 Post by AnthonyHJ »

My wife and I have been together ten years today. To mark the date, I took her out to buy her first Android phone. She was really excited about playing Draw Something for some reason.

We went out, with a specific phone in mind and she saw one that was cheaper and told me that was what she wanted. Money's not tight, but she said she's have felt guilty buying the more expensive one. I got it as an upgrade on my phone (I haven't officially upgraded since the 90s, just bought new phones) and got another 20% off the price. Great so far.

When we got home, we discovered that Draw Something isn't compatible with her phone... My wife was very sad. I should have just said "no, hang the expense; nothing is too good for my wife" when she went looking for the cheapest Android phone in the shop...
Recent work - iSchool Dreams: First Semester / iSchool Dreams: My Valentine (iPhone / iPad, dating sims)

Duendain
Regular
Completed: A fair few.
Organization: LiU

#443 Post by Duendain »

AnthonyHJ wrote:My wife and I have been together ten years today. To mark the date, I took her out to buy her first Android phone. She was really excited about playing Draw Something for some reason.

We went out, with a specific phone in mind and she saw one that was cheaper and told me that was what she wanted. Money's not tight, but she said she's have felt guilty buying the more expensive one. I got it as an upgrade on my phone (I haven't officially upgraded since the 90s, just bought new phones) and got another 20% off the price. Great so far.

When we got home, we discovered that Draw Something isn't compatible with her phone... My wife was very sad. I should have just said "no, hang the expense; nothing is too good for my wife" when she went looking for the cheapest Android phone in the shop...
That really has to be an old version for the game not to work really. ZTE is a company that releases okay phones for their price. And the price is reeeeally low.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#444 Post by Applegate »

AnthonyHJ wrote:My wife and I have been together ten years today. To mark the date, I took her out to buy her first Android phone. She was really excited about playing Draw Something for some reason.

If you have the receipt, won't the shop let you return it to get the more expensive one instead that can run Draw Something?

divalei
Completed: One Day
Projects: Shining Days (sequel to One Day), Calendula Memento
Organization: Project Rekuiem

#445 Post by divalei »

My classmates at "work." Seriously I'd like to punch them. We all are working with our own projects, small groups, I work alone and since I just moved to that place where others have been like three months now (that place is called Hautomo, people can start their own game companies or so).

So, like I said, I just moved there and I don't have "keycard". Every morning (or when I go out and come back) I have to wait someone to open the door. Press the door bell and no one can lift their butt. I just stand behind the door, pissed off. Today they were funny, they waved me. But noooooo, couldn't open the door. Do I need to learn how to walk through the walls? Or maybe teleport?

It's nice way to start the day. Pissed off. Also, can get rid off the feeling that some are looking down at me since I do visual novels. I do what I like and I don't care do others like it or not. Their problem not mine.

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#446 Post by WatchJessieGo »

My next AMV contest is in five months, and I can't seem to finish up a project. I really want to win first place like last year, but I haven't been able to finish an AMV in over a year. ;___;

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#447 Post by LVUER »

Applegate wrote:

If you have the receipt, won't the shop let you return it to get the more expensive one instead that can run Draw Something?
First, congratulations for your tenth wedding anniversary ^_^

Usually if it's still one or two days (even better, same day), you can still "trade" your bought item with something more expensive (you have to pay for the price difference obviously). The store usually will be happy because they sell more that day. It happened to me several times (like when I bought 320GB HDD and then trade it with 500GB HDD). Of course your item have to be still in perfect condition.

BUT...

I don't know if that's also work with something like cell/mobile phone. It's properly sealed and I doubt people would want to buy new mobile phone that have broken seal. And they're kinda more sensitive (at least here) with mobile phone. Here, the store repeatedly ensure if this one is what we want to since we can't switch to another one once the seal is broken... even if we haven't leave the store or pay it (so it's as good as we bought it).

Well, better try than nothing at all though... better go back to the store ASAP and see if you can trade the phone with the one your wife originally want (and make sure that one can play that game too beforehand).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#448 Post by Crocosquirrel »

LVUER wrote:
Applegate wrote:

First, congratulations for your tenth wedding anniversary ^_^

Usually if it's still one or two days (even better, same day), you can still "trade" your bought item with something more expensive (you have to pay for the price difference obviously). The store usually will be happy because they sell more that day. It happened to me several times (like when I bought 320GB HDD and then trade it with 500GB HDD). Of course your item have to be still in perfect condition.

BUT...

I don't know if that's also work with something like cell/mobile phone. It's properly sealed and I doubt people would want to buy new mobile phone that have broken seal. And they're kinda more sensitive (at least here) with mobile phone. Here, the store repeatedly ensure if this one is what we want to since we can't switch to another one once the seal is broken... even if we haven't leave the store or pay it (so it's as good as we bought it).

Well, better try than nothing at all though... better go back to the store ASAP and see if you can trade the phone with the one your wife originally want (and make sure that one can play that game too beforehand).
Definitely :) Congrats on your tenth!

Most stores in the US will take back a phone for the difference plus a $35 restocking fee within 30 days or so.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#449 Post by CheeryMoya »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... 8262.story

No one told me about this earlier. Why.

I need to get better at sci-fi so I can offer proper tribute to Mr. Bradbury. Today was a great day before I had to do my school project q-q

Edit: Doesn't help that my aunt is so flippant about it. "Oh yeah, read the news yesterday. Who was he? Fahrenheit 4-what now? Don't know him."

Razz
Veteran

#450 Post by Razz »

I've been spending the past few days on pinterest. It's pretty awesome as every time I check there's something new. It's got fashion, fit inspiration, cooking, organizing, cool stuff, etc. I liked it so much I decided to join up but ugh, I can't help but get a huge air of pretentiousness from the sign-up process.

First it's not a sign-up it's an 'invite'. And then you get an automated email like 'oh yes thanks well get back to you with an invite soon, for now browse our pins more'. Wat. All the sign-up messages had the air that this was some exclusive vetting process and i just found it a little weird.