Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#526 Post by LVUER »

Hmmm... I have to re-read them all again. Sorry, I could be mistaken (it's been such a long time since I open my biology text-book).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#527 Post by Applegate »

Well, if you say it's an irrational thing then there's little else to say on the matter. Just know that I consider anyone who eats with a fork weird; why would you shove the pointy side of your silverware in your mouth? It's like eating off a knife! (if you are reading this and think it's totally normal to eat off a knife, please don't tell me :P)
Besides... what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.
Breaking your legs won't kill you but it also won't make you stronger. :V

J. Datie
Veteran

#528 Post by J. Datie »

Applegate wrote:Breaking your legs won't kill you but it also won't make you stronger. :V
Unless they rebuild you.

Flying Cat

#529 Post by Flying Cat »

I'm starting summer classes in a week, and while I'm really looking forward to them, I'm still slightly...anxious. Which is odd because I've already gone through an entire year of college with little to no issues adapting.

It's just odd, really. I think it may be simply because I'm going to have to move back into a dorm with someone I don't know too well, after having 3 weeks off. It just feels like the first quarter of college again.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#530 Post by Hijiri »

I hate my family's reasoning at times. They think just because I have an internet connection that I should know every last detail of what's on the news and such and get mad at me when I tell them I don't know. I may have the connection, but that dosen't mean I have the interest to bother searching for the information :/
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Flying Cat

#531 Post by Flying Cat »

Hijiri wrote:I hate my family's reasoning at times. They think just because I have an internet connection that I should know every last detail of what's on the news and such and get mad at me when I tell them I don't know. I may have the connection, but that dosen't mean I have the interest to bother searching for the information :/
I know that feel! My father especially gets angry at me when I don't keep up with "world politics." Funny thing is, he doesn't either. He actually keeps up with less news than I do.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#532 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Give brief to external design agency>Give external agency a couple weeks>External agency fails to deliver good results>Give brief to in-house designers>Give in-house designers 2 days>Expect better results.

God damn marketing logic >:(

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#533 Post by Mink »

J. Datie wrote:
Applegate wrote:Breaking your legs won't kill you but it also won't make you stronger. :V
Unless they rebuild you.
Man, I loved that show when I was a kid.

...And suddenly I feel old. 20-almost-21 is old, you guys. /shot
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

iamkaykei
Projects: First Love, Last Love (working name) http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 75#p204975

#534 Post by iamkaykei »

Why do you evil teachers have to schedule assessments etc ALL IN THE SAME *censored* WEEK!! Have some consideration for your students!! The HSC is totally freaking me out I mean why do we have to go through all that poopoo to get into Uni!! Only one or two subjects I'm studying relates to what I want to get into in Uni. I also don't get why I have to write english essays I can do everything else but not english essays. When am I going to ever write an essay about how abc's technique does this etc etc. I DON'T WANT TO BE AN ENGLISH TEACH!! It's just ridiculous!!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#535 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

iamkaykei wrote:Why do you evil teachers have to schedule assessments etc ALL IN THE SAME *censored* WEEK!! Have some consideration for your students!! The HSC is totally freaking me out I mean why do we have to go through all that poopoo to get into Uni!! Only one or two subjects I'm studying relates to what I want to get into in Uni. I also don't get why I have to write english essays I can do everything else but not english essays. When am I going to ever write an essay about how abc's technique does this etc etc. I DON'T WANT TO BE AN ENGLISH TEACH!! It's just ridiculous!!
I'm guessing you are in NSW?

Though I have always been on the side it isn't so much what you learn, but what you learn through the process of learning.

Katon
Regular
Completed: Death Rule:lost code (Art), Death Rule: Fear Complex (Art), Amity: One Tale (Art)
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System(Art) , Gene Codex: Genesis
Organization: MESI Games, Corpse Theater
Tumblr: corpsetheater

#536 Post by Katon »

=Post no longer relevant=
Last edited by Katon on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#537 Post by Destiny »

Hm...
Something I want to get off my chest...?
Oh, I know!

I'm displeased with the situation as a whole!!
I have to fear every month to not getting my bills paid because Bafög (a institution to pay students with poor parents) thinks I get millions from my father who gives a shit about me and my life (and he's not even earning that much money).
I just broke up with my boyfriend.
My external hard disk just dies last week, wiping out most of my stuff.
My marks are all down because I never had any help with scientic writing, coming from a worker family instead of an academic family (where around 80% of all german students come from in comparison to maybe 9% of students from working familys).
I will start writing my bachelor thesis next month and after that I will DIE.
I have to get my appliation material ready till next month to get my journey and one-year-study in japan allowed.
The two guys who wanted to be dubbing actors for my VN just won't anser, making it impossible for me to know if they will take the role I gave them or not.
I have to make 85 CGs, 21 backgrounds AND around 1000 pics that will be animated into anime-styled cutscenes for my VN and my hand, head AND constitution start to hurt really bad (since I work on it around 32h a day).
AND I HAVE A FRIGGIN COLD!

Phew, that was good.
Should do that more often :)
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#538 Post by Taleweaver »

Destiny wrote:Hm...
Something I want to get off my chest...?
Oh, I know!

I'm displeased with the situation as a whole!!
I have to fear every month to not getting my bills paid because Bafög (a institution to pay students with poor parents) thinks I get millions from my father who gives a shit about me and my life (and he's not even earning that much money).
Bah, Bafög. Find a decent side job. Me, I conducted statistical surveys while I was studying. See whether TNS Infratest needs any interviewers or anonymous shop testers in your town. These things pay decently well, and you can do them all at your own pace.
I just broke up with my boyfriend.
So get a new one.
So get a new one :)
My marks are all down because I never had any help with scientic writing, coming from a worker family instead of an academic family (where around 80% of all german students come from in comparison to maybe 9% of students from working familys).
Scientific writing 101: make sure no one understands your sentences at first glance, but make them sound somehow impressive. There's a good chance no one will actually READ your bachelor thesis in-depth.
I will start writing my bachelor thesis next month and after that I will DIE.
I have a masters degree in English and PolSci. I survived it. So will you.
I have to get my appliation material ready till next month to get my journey and one-year-study in japan allowed.
THAT should be your priority right now. Experience with foreign countries is invaluable these days.
The two guys who wanted to be dubbing actors for my VN just won't anser, making it impossible for me to know if they will take the role I gave them or not.
They're telling you no. They're just too cowardly to say it out aloud.
I have to make 85 CGs, 21 backgrounds AND around 1000 pics that will be animated into anime-styled cutscenes for my VN and my hand, head AND constitution start to hurt really bad (since I work on it around 32h a day).
Are you getting paid for that? If not, it's not a priority. Leave it for later.
AND I HAVE A FRIGGIN COLD!
You have my sympathy. Honestly.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#539 Post by LVUER »

Taleweaver wrote:
So get a new one :)
Man, that's rather cruel. I think the problem isn't really the HDD itself but rather all the valuable data inside it. It's very hard to replace all the data, especially if you don't really remember what's inside it or you simply can't replace it. I can't imagine if one of my Terrabytes HDD suddenly dies along with all the data...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#540 Post by Taleweaver »

LVUER wrote:Man, that's rather cruel. I think the problem isn't really the HDD itself but rather all the valuable data inside it. It's very hard to replace all the data, especially if you don't really remember what's inside it or you simply can't replace it. I can't imagine if one of my Terrabytes HDD suddenly dies along with all the data...
...and my quip about getting a new boyfriend was NOT cruel?!

About the HDD, though - there are professional data savers who are often able to get 99.9% of data from a dead HD. Unfortunately, their services usually cost around EUR 1,000 - not easily affordable for a student.

There's a bit of open source software that CAN help doing the job yourself if the HDD is still detected via USB port and just cannot be opened any longer. A search on download.com can help in that case; I once saved all my customer and transaction data that way back in the days when I had a second-hand store for children's clothing.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira