Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#541 Post by Destiny »

@Taleweaver
Not sure if you got that but this is a whining thread as far as I got that, so...I was whining.
Of course are most things not as dramatic as I made them sound.
In fact, the only things really bothering me are my bachelor thesis (BECAUSE I'm bad at scientic writing and you know, I made a course for it and still got bad marks, so it is an real issue), my 2 TB wiped data (all my university data was on it as well as fotos back till 2004, not to mention I have to pay around 100€ for a good new external hard disk) and bachelor, because I have to be in university four times a week from 8 am to 8 pm, can only work on weekends and the money I get for it is barely enough for rent. Still need money for internet, water, heat, light, university bills, etc.

Also, the wiped data was tried to rescue by a close friend that owns a computer store, does data rescuing and computer repairs as his job and he could't do anything. So I tried and was unsucessfull. Now what?

But it's still kind of...trolling to make such stupid comments, y'know?
Would you go bragging in an thread about psychologic disease or about the death sentence like that too?
"There are people scared to death by bees." - "Well, how about a fly-screen *ba-dum-ditsch*"
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#542 Post by Taleweaver »

Destiny wrote:But it's still kind of...trolling to make such stupid comments, y'know?
Sorry, didn't mean to troll you, and I hope you accept my apology. It's just that... I've gone through a lot of what you're describing myself, and it sorta rang a bell with me. Looking back, the only thing that helped me was LIBAMO (leave it behind and move on), and that was the advice I was trying to give you, but I wasn't trying to make light of your situation.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Destiny
Veteran

#543 Post by Destiny »

Taleweaver wrote:
Destiny wrote:But it's still kind of...trolling to make such stupid comments, y'know?
Sorry, didn't mean to troll you, and I hope you accept my apology. It's just that... I've gone through a lot of what you're describing myself, and it sorta rang a bell with me. Looking back, the only thing that helped me was LIBAMO (leave it behind and move on), and that was the advice I was trying to give you, but I wasn't trying to make light of your situation.
I accept and watch out next time, you sounded way too sarcastic to sound helpful ;)
And believe me, when I'm finished with studying and have a stable income, I WILL die, that was no joke. Of happiness, that is xD
But, to quote the Avenue Q Musical:
"Except for death and paying taxes. Everything in life is only for now. Life may be scary, but it's only temporary. Everything in life is only for now."

P.S.
But a little ranting and whining just feels good. It's kind like scream once out of frustration and then just say "K, guys, let's do this!"

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#544 Post by Taleweaver »

Destiny wrote:But, to quote the Avenue Q Musical:
"Except for death and paying taxes. Everything in life is only for now. Life may be scary, but it's only temporary. Everything in life is only for now."
I recently saw their German show in Mannheim. It bugs the HELL out of me that there's no way to see the English version live on stage, or even on DVD for that matter! The German version was funny and well-adapted (Daniel Küblböck instead of Gary Coleman!), but the original is just funnier.
[/first world problems]
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

AnthonyHJ
Regular
Projects: Past Mistakes
Organization: Freya's Aett

#545 Post by AnthonyHJ »

Last night, something tried to fall out of my engine block. I wasn't sure what it was, but it dangled half-way down to the road, bounced when I prodded it and looked a lot like a radiator of some kind. Also, it was hot after driving. Too late for a garage, I took it to be looked at today instead.

It wasn't a major component... It was the condenser for the air-con, so I worried less. Sadly, it was resting on the actual radiator for the engine because it was so beaten up and dented. One suitably-bad pot-hole, one speed-bump or humpback bridge at the wrong speed and it could have turned the engine into a gigantic paper-weight. So... The moderate amount of money (I'm a professional writer; it's rare to see that much money in my account for long) I set aside to buy RAM, Windows 7, a new HDD, new graphics card... It bought a condenser for my car instead.

I was sad, but at least I knew about it now, while I had the money. No royalty cheques due until October, only one 'writer for hire' job on the horizon, so not having the money now would have been very bad and I would have been waiting a while.

Got home to a letter from my landlord. They want us out. We pay the rent, we look after the property, but the contract has a clause for kicking us out with only two months' notice and they used it. Given how many free repairs and beautifications we've seen recently, we think he wants (needs?) to sell it. So, my wife and I will have to take our four-year old daughter and go find a new place to live pretty sharpish, at a time when there are very few houses on the market and all the prices are inflated, so probably won't have the luxury of being too picky if we don't want to end up homeless. There are a few places, just not in our price-range.

Not a good day...
Recent work - iSchool Dreams: First Semester / iSchool Dreams: My Valentine (iPhone / iPad, dating sims)

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#546 Post by Sapphi »

@AnthonyHJ: Aww man... at first I was gonna be like "phew, at least your car is still okay" and then... yeah... that really sucks. Here's hoping you guys find a good place... :(
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Destiny
Veteran

#547 Post by Destiny »

@AnthonyHJ
Sometimes I'm happy that there is a law in germany that forbids landlords to throw you out without a good reason...
Sounds horrible, hope you find something neat, especially since you have a little girl .__.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#548 Post by LVUER »

AnthonyHJ wrote:Got home to a letter from my landlord. They want us out. We pay the rent, we look after the property, but the contract has a clause for kicking us out with only two months' notice and they used it. Given how many free repairs and beautifications we've seen recently, we think he wants (needs?) to sell it. So, my wife and I will have to take our four-year old daughter and go find a new place to live pretty sharpish, at a time when there are very few houses on the market and all the prices are inflated, so probably won't have the luxury of being too picky if we don't want to end up homeless. There are a few places, just not in our price-range.

Not a good day...
If you just repair/renovate/do anything to your rent house and the landlord is being jerk, just take away anything you've done to the rent house. Take away anything you can take with you. Tear apart anything that belongs to you. Return everything to the original shape/condition if you can. Just do anything you can to be a jerk tenant.

This is also happened to me. I mean I'm the landlord... and I'm not being a jerk. We have a two-year deal. I gave them a slightly below average price. Really, I don't think I did anything wrong/being jerk. But when they must go out, they tear down everything. They pull away the cable cord from inside the wall, they tear apart all the plumbing and take it with them (and they're all mine btw), they even left some "gold bar" inside the toilet and didn't flush. CAN YOU BELIEVE THEM!!!???

And they were my neighbor before that (have been neighbor for more than 20 years). Still a neighbor even now. Sigh...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

AnthonyHJ
Regular
Projects: Past Mistakes
Organization: Freya's Aett

#549 Post by AnthonyHJ »

Destiny wrote:@AnthonyHJ
Sometimes I'm happy that there is a law in germany that forbids landlords to throw you out without a good reason...
It's just a contract thing; we have been there for 4 years, but the contract has always been for six months at a time and either side can end the contract with two months' notice. Our current contract (we have to sign a new one every six months and pay an extortionate 'signing fee' to the letting agent each time) run out a week today, so we have two months from that date to find a new place.

All legal and above board, but there was no real warning. We were expecting a letter asking us to sign the contracts and pay their fee, so it was a bit of a surprise to be told that we're not getting a new contract and we've two months to clear out.
Recent work - iSchool Dreams: First Semester / iSchool Dreams: My Valentine (iPhone / iPad, dating sims)

Destiny
Veteran

#550 Post by Destiny »

AnthonyHJ wrote:
Destiny wrote:@AnthonyHJ
It's just a contract thing; we have been there for 4 years, but the contract has always been for six months at a time and either side can end the contract with two months' notice. Our current contract (we have to sign a new one every six months and pay an extortionate 'signing fee' to the letting agent each time) run out a week today, so we have two months from that date to find a new place.

All legal and above board, but there was no real warning. We were expecting a letter asking us to sign the contracts and pay their fee, so it was a bit of a surprise to be told that we're not getting a new contract and we've two months to clear out.
..............Ok, "Damn" and "That's awful" is all that I can say to that in this case... ôo
As I said, I hope you find something soon.
Good luck!

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#551 Post by ThisIsNoName »

Has anyone ever felt like they can just see all their dreams crashing down at once?

Right now, it just feels like I'm at a complete standstill in my life. I just dropped out of community college 10 credits short of my degree because it didn't feel like I would've earned it. I'm pretty sure the only thing I learned there was that I wanted to go into a different program. The only problem is that with the program I want to get into (Psychology), it's almost impossible to find jobs without at least a Master's degree.

So now it feels like I'm working to save up money for a school that I'll never be able to afford, to train for a job that I'll never be able to get.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#552 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Since this has just recently happened, I am still currently pissed. So I will be going over this and removing curse words and the like after venting.

Ahem.

Who do you think you are? Here I am, trying to vent about a small annoyance and you're calling me a hypocrite!? LOOK WHO'S TALKING. Don't think I've forgotten what you've told my friends in high school, spreading rumors about me. But no, I ignored it since confronting you wasn't worth getting kicked out of choir. If the day ever comes that I meet you face to face, I WILL pull out YOUR hair. Every single strand, as you CLAIMED I pulled out tons of my own hair in class along with other lies. How about I make those lies real than? After all, there's the high school reunion several years in the future. I recommend you don't come. After all, there's nothing scarier than a woman holding onto a grudge over years worth of time.

And....done. Would go on more but gotta have some restraint. Feel a little better, but still miffed. Now to go back and make it clean.

There, now officially done. Hmm....still need a punching bag.
ImageImageImageImage

Ionait
Regular
Organization: Chu! Bam! Pow!

#553 Post by Ionait »

-no longer relevant-
Last edited by Ionait on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

#554 Post by Tetiel »

I think you probably should have confronted the guy a long time ago. I think I remember seeing you post about this before. I mean what the hell. It's not really healthy to keep things pent up like that.

You'd think a grown man would know how to properly use a toilet and the idea of eating an entire jar of nutella in a day makes me want to vomit. Good lord. From the sounds of it, he's actually made your house a living hell. I know he's your husband's friend and he's obviously got a lot of problems, but for the sake of your sanity, you really can't put up with this! At least he is moving out now for sure, right?

EDIT: Okay. I looked at your profile... you're only 22 and you have to put up with this crap? That's insane! An absolutely positively insane amount of pressure to be under at your age >_< I don't know how you do it!

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#555 Post by Obscura »

Let's start with the bathroom. Leaves dumps in the toilet for usually me to flush,
:shock: Wow, did not have to read any further to feel complete sympathy for you. How old is he, 4? I'm afraid to read the rest of your post if that's just the beginning...
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website