Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1396 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Yeah, there are two videoes that guide you on what you need to do to continue the story. You can find them in the main menu, under 'review' I think. You already have the misc. endings, so if you follow the video you will get the other two as well :)
Oh, so that's what that was! I was wondering why that option suddenly popped up on my menu for no reason, hehe.

...*cue me feeling inferior for not figuring this out on my own* orz

EDIT:
Actually, I guess I would have figured this out on my own eventually, seeing as I was doing the 5-8-X combos. Derp. U':

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#1397 Post by Taleweaver »

Nimu-chan wrote:Being soft and curvy must be nice, it's so comfortable and huggable and just awww...
It's anything but desirable to have these extra pounds you seem to be missing. First of all, finding clothes that fit becomes a chore (there ARE clothes for oversized people, but in most of these, you look like you're wearing trashbags). You're wearing out your shoes (especially the soles) twice as fast as slim people. And you're massively discriminated against in many places. Many companies only employ overweight people if they're really, really competent at what they're doing. If not: "That fatso's probably sick thirty days a year with a backache, or he'll tire out in minutes if I give him anything to do, and if he's so fat, he probably has no self-control either, so I can't give him any position where he bears even small responsibilities..."

It doesn't help that small, slender women are a big turn-on for me. Seeing them immediately kicks all my protector instincts into action.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#1398 Post by papillon »

It doesn't help that small, slender women are a big turn-on for me. Seeing them immediately kicks all my protector instincts into action.
Which can also be a downside for small, slender women. (Not you personally, but other people reacting crazily to them.)

What have we learned from all this, Charlie Brown? NOBODY is happy with their body and everybody's got disadvantages. Even many top models are insane piles of insecurity about their own physical imperfections.

Nimuell
Regular
Projects: Cold Hands, Beautiful Boring People

#1399 Post by Nimuell »

@Taleweaver: Sorry, I maybe I chose the wrong words. I didn't mean overweight people.
What I meant was - I find girls, that are a bit... chubby (?) very cute. More like curvy in a healthy way, they have this kind of feminine complexion.
(and I am jelly of that femininity I lack, yup)

@papillon is sure right, nobody is happy with their body xD
Taleweaver wrote: It doesn't help that small, slender women are a big turn-on for me. Seeing them immediately kicks all my protector instincts into action.
papillon wrote: Which can also be a downside for small, slender women. (Not you personally, but other people reacting crazily to them.)
This is so true. They try to feed me all the time.
And my ex always said that he can't even pinch me with me being like this -___-
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.nimuell.deviantart.com/

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#1400 Post by Deji »

So apparently I'm too immature to get engaged to, according to my bf.
I can't say no, I can't engage into conversation with adults as equals, I sulk when I'm being lectured and turn into adorable child-like person when I want affection to trigger protection instinct because I can't respond as an adult to situations.

So unless I stop behaving like that and start behaving more assertively, I won't get proposed to and keep living in this relationship limbo that I hate so much.

I don't know how to feel about this >_o

Being the extremist person I am, I'm afraid I may turn into an opinionated jerk instead, haha. (Let's see how much he likes that side of me.)
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#1401 Post by Razz »

Deji wrote:So apparently I'm too immature to get engaged to, according to my bf.
I can't say no, I can't engage into conversation with adults as equals, I sulk when I'm being lectured and turn into adorable child-like person when I want affection to trigger protection instinct because I can't respond as an adult to situations.
At least you know what the problem is, and can begin fixing it. I still don't know what my problem is or why i have a hard time connecting with people.

@Taleweaver
I've found the hiring part is not true at all >_0 unless you're talking those people so fat they need scooters in wal-mart to get around. But then I have no sympathy for them.

-----------

Just a crummy week, i've been miserable 24/7.

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#1402 Post by Sharm »

:P Sounds like an excuse to me. I mean, you're already in a committed relationship, why would a behavior that's fine for this situation suddenly change if you were married? I'm really not impressed with this guy at all, I have to wonder why you like him.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#1403 Post by Deji »

Sharm wrote::P Sounds like an excuse to me. I mean, you're already in a committed relationship, why would a behavior that's fine for this situation suddenly change if you were married?
That's what I don't understand!
He likes living with me but strongly dislikes this part of me. So... when it comes to spending his life with me and starting a family is an issue but for "just living with me" is fine? How long will be able to keep it up then if I don't change and we don't get married? Will we be in annoyed status quo forever @_@

I... don't really know what I like about him. I just loved him since the first time I saw him and by now he's family to me, I guess. You love family, even if they're annoying, I guess?
Razz wrote: At least you know what the problem is, and can begin fixing it. I still don't know what my problem is or why i have a hard time connecting with people.
Yeah, I want to fix it asap. I'm scared of turning into a dislikable person in the process, though. And I'm not sure if it's a good thing to change in expectancy of being proposed to... I mean, I should change because I want to, because it's good for me, not to get my boyfriend to accept me =_=

About you not being able to connect with people... I don't know what to tell you, I'm sorry ):
I open myself too much and get hurt, usually ^^; ...Or get pissed off because they don't open themselves up to me as much and I end up being shortchanged...

Hope you find a good way to deal with that (:
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#1404 Post by Taleweaver »

Razz wrote:@Taleweaver
I've found the hiring part is not true at all >_0 unless you're talking those people so fat they need scooters in wal-mart to get around. But then I have no sympathy for them.
Hiring part is true unless you consider 6' and 200 lbs overweight already. In that case, "overweight" people suffer no problems finding a job.

I don't need a scooter to move my butt. I'm 6' and weigh ~330 lbs. Most of that isn't muscle. I have an M.A. in English and Political Science, and I was stuck in a damn callcenter for THREE FUCKING YEARS before I found a job in sales, mostly because someone discovered that I also have a talent for selling complicated services to people. Yes, I did try to apply in quite a few places.

Fat discrimination. It does exist.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#1405 Post by TsukiShima »

I've come back, but for a whole different reason.

I've gone back single, and now my own best friend is showing his affections towards me.
How can I tell him that I still love my ex and I don't want to be seen to recover so fast.
And the fact that I really appreciate him as a friend, but never as a lover :c

*sighs* What a life..

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#1406 Post by Mink »

papillon wrote:Which can also be a downside for small, slender women. (Not you personally, but other people reacting crazily to them.)
~It's lucky I hate to be taken seriously~*

No, really. People, mainly men (some women, but mostly men), seem to refuse to take me seriously because of how I look. Because I'm small, thin, and (I guess) relatively pretty/cute.

Looking the way I do is a pain in my ass more than anything.

Case in point: remember a while back when I had to get taken to the hospital because I kept passing out because I got ill from fumes? This is what happened BEFORE that:
Guy in Charge: So where would you like to work?
Me: In electronics.
GiC: Um, really?
Me: I did it last year.
GiC: Well, they have really big TVs and tires you have to lift over there. I think you'd do better in paint. How about that?
Me: (Thinking: "Fuck that, I want to work in electronics! AND I DID IT BEFORE!") ...Alright.
Yes. He took one look at me and decided I couldn't do it, even when I told him I did it before. Newflash: NO ONE was lifting those TVs by themselves, man or not. And tires aren't heavy to me at all. Even then the giant tires still needed more than one person. I helped with those. I helped unload TVs.

I just...I really hate people sometimes. In others words: I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else.

*It's from a song.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

DeeKay
Veteran

#1407 Post by DeeKay »

@Deji
I have to say I don't understand your boyfriend. From what you described, he's putting his own feelings before yours. It doesn't even seem like he's viewing your relationship on a similar level. From what I can make out, he doesn't think too far ahead. That's... troubling...
Deji wrote:He likes living with me but strongly dislikes this part of me.
Loving someone isn't all about the positive side of things. You accept the loved one as a whole, good and bad traits.
Deji wrote:Yeah, I want to fix it asap. I'm scared of turning into a dislikable person in the process, though. And I'm not sure if it's a good thing to change in expectancy of being proposed to... I mean, I should change because I want to, because it's good for me, not to get my boyfriend to accept me =_=
It shouldn't be all about you changing for him, a relationship goes both ways ! If he's serious about you, he should also try to adapt, or at least reconsider his actions and thoughts so you can work things out, see what's possible and what's not. If he keeps being hard headed, that's not going to help at all ! Sure there are things you might not like about each other, but those feelings you share are just as important and you should treasure them. That he should at least acknowledge !

I remember a friend who had kind of the same issue and she wanted things to work out but the guy was... well, let's just say the guy was a fool.
It pained me greatly to see her like this, and I was only able to provide her with moral support (I even loved her but I refrained from ever telling her as I didn't want her to jump on me as a replacement, that was hard on me too in a way ^^'). Things didn't work out anyway but she got over it eventually, she was the only one trying though...

Bottom line :
It's fine for you to try to make things right but if he doesn't open up and act himself, things won't change at all.
Deji wrote:I open myself too much and get hurt, usually ^^; ...Or get pissed off because they don't open themselves up to me as much and I end up being shortchanged...
I can't hug you over the interweb so I'm sending you good vibes instead ! ;)

Anyway, I feel strongly for these kinds of situations.. A few of my friends were "hurt" by "bad" boys and I can't stand feelings being trampled on. Sorry if I'm being a worrywart here...
Last edited by DeeKay on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#1408 Post by Sapphi »

Nimu-chan wrote: What I meant was - I find girls, that are a bit... chubby (?) very cute. More like curvy in a healthy way, they have this kind of feminine complexion.
(and I am jelly of that femininity I lack, yup)
I agree, it's nice to be soft. But I feel like sometimes the physical comfort of having a soft body is outweighed by the social discomfort of not being fashionably scrawny. Anyway, I wouldn't mind being soft if only I wasn't so curvy.
Nimu-chan wrote: @papillon is sure right, nobody is happy with their body xD
Nope :(
In my case, I really like my body, I just feel uncomfortable in it... like it's misrepresenting me. I have wide hips, but I'm anything but motherly. And it's not even like I can forget that I have wide hips, because I keep running into things with them...
Nimu-chan wrote: This is so true. They try to feed me all the time.
People try to feed me too, always telling me "You're so tiny!" and I can pinch MORE THAN AN INCH! ;_;
Mink wrote: I just...I really hate people sometimes. In others words: I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else.
With the TV-lifting thing combined with that professor you mentioned earlier, I don't blame you... seriously, my blood pressure raised a little bit just from reading that post. lol
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DeeKay
Veteran

#1409 Post by DeeKay »

Mink wrote:No, really. People, mainly men (some women, but mostly men), seem to refuse to take me seriously because of how I look. Because I'm small, thin, and (I guess) relatively pretty/cute.
That would make me weird then. Obviously your first impression of someone would be based on their looks but hey, looks can be deceptive right ?

I even take kids seriously to tell you the truth, as sometimes they want to explain things but are short on vocabulary or whatever. Maybe being a patient guy helps for this kind of situation I suppose ^^'
Mink wrote:Looking the way I do is a pain in my ass more than anything.
In need of a pillow ? Uh... sorry.
Mink wrote:I just...I really hate people sometimes. In others words: I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else.
Noooooo ! Don't hate me ! :cry:
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#1410 Post by Mink »

Sapphi wrote:With the TV-lifting thing combined with that professor you mentioned earlier, I don't blame you... seriously, my blood pressure raised a little bit just from reading that post. lol
Every day I get a tiny bit closer to insanity.
DeeKay wrote:
Mink wrote:No, really. People, mainly men (some women, but mostly men), seem to refuse to take me seriously because of how I look. Because I'm small, thin, and (I guess) relatively pretty/cute.
That would make me weird then. Obviously your first impression of someone would be based on their looks but hey, looks can be deceptive right ?

I even take kids seriously to tell you the truth, as sometimes they want to explain things but are short on vocabulary or whatever. Maybe being a patient guy helps for this kind of situation I suppose ^^'
Well, I'm small and a girl, so I must be weak, you see! *swoons* ...8|

And people WONDER why I have a complex about being called cute. Yeah, sorry, I don't enjoy being spoken to like I'm a child or an animal.
Mink wrote:I just...I really hate people sometimes. In others words: I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else.
Noooooo ! Don't hate me ! :cry:
Nah, I may not be overly fond of people in general, but I don't usually actively hate someone one unless I know them! Wait, is that any better?

...I'm going to go listen to Alexander Rybak. Maybe his singing and accent will make me feel better.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*