Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
Aedin
Regular
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1636 Post by Aedin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Victoria Jennings wrote:
Aedin wrote:Why bring in another life when so many children don't have parents?
It's biological imperative. For the most part, we're wired to want our genes to pass down to the next generation. This manifests in two things: our desire to have sex, and the more overt desire to have children of your own. For the people who didn't, their line would die out, and so on.
Guess I'm an oddball, because I desire neither of those things. I wasn't trying to say that everyone should stop having children. That could potentially pose a biological problem in the future. That was just my personal preference.
"There’s no shame in pleasure, Mr. Gray. You see, man just wants to be happy, but society wants him to be good. And when he’s good, man is rarely happy, and when he’s happy he is always good."

User avatar
Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1685
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:31 am
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft
Location: Illinois, USA
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1637 Post by Sapphi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Aedin wrote:Why bring in another life when so many children don't have parents?
This is the question I keep asking myself too since at some point in my life I'll probably cave in and end up having kids one way or another.
The only downside is... it's not like I don't have any good genetic traits... I am pretty creatively and academically talented, and so I keep weighing the options. On one hand, lonely orphans just want a home... On the other hand, a new artist might be waiting to be born... and I could go for both options, but then it gets messy... :(
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Image

User avatar
nottiebutt
Regular
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:12 am
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1638 Post by nottiebutt » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:19 pm

I hate being so sickely gah.
Every day I sleep sixteen hours because if I don't then I can't even read a book without getting exhausted and blacking out and even when I do sleep sixteen hours I can't even get out of bed because I have fainting spells and can't see or hear anything. Which means I'm eating even less than my usual one meal and one snack a day because I can't get out of bed to get food or drink and I haven't gone to school for the last two weeks either and I'm not being productive at all!!!

I'm also losing weight, constantly have a fever, take five pills a night and if I don't I feel even worse and I have to go in for a brain scan to check out an abnormality in brain. Gah.

User avatar
Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 708
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:30 am
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1639 Post by Anna » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:18 am

nottiebutt wrote:I hate being so sickely gah.
Every day I sleep sixteen hours because if I don't then I can't even read a book without getting exhausted and blacking out and even when I do sleep sixteen hours I can't even get out of bed because I have fainting spells and can't see or hear anything. Which means I'm eating even less than my usual one meal and one snack a day because I can't get out of bed to get food or drink and I haven't gone to school for the last two weeks either and I'm not being productive at all!!!

I'm also losing weight, constantly have a fever, take five pills a night and if I don't I feel even worse and I have to go in for a brain scan to check out an abnormality in brain. Gah.
Wow, I'm sorry, that sounds terrible :(! I really hope you'll get well.

Also, even less than a meal and a snack a day sounds incredibly unhealthy, especially when you don't drink either. Please stay in bed and ask your parents or someone else to bring you food and something to drink.

edit: You weren't eating one meal a day before you got sick too right? If you were, then please eat more, it's not nearly enough! Food gives you energy to live.
Last edited by Anna on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:13 pm
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1640 Post by mugenjohncel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:18 am

OK... my Cintiq is not working right now... it has video but I can't write or draw with it... it's not that bad right?...

Who am I kidding...

Image

How am I supposed to draw now!?...

User avatar
LVUER
King of Lolies
Posts: 4538
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:57 pm
Completed: R.S.P
Location: Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1641 Post by LVUER » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:20 am

@mugenjohncel:
What did you use before you have Cintiq?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

User avatar
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:13 pm
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1642 Post by mugenjohncel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:24 am

A Bamboo but I can't remember where I placed it and ordering a Cintiq from overseas is a pain (thanks to customs) while the Cintiq available locally is not exactly state of the art...

I doubt I can go back to drawing with a tablet now after using a Cintiq for so long and that is a problem... :(

Edit: I'm currently in panic mode right now.... It could be the monitor or the pen or even the cord... right now going back to office to fetch the spare Cintiq pen I have there to test problems...

Edit: And while I'm at it... :(
Image
"POOF" (Being Uncle Mugen is a sad existence :( )
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

RunicV
Veteran
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 12:06 am
IRC Nick: RunicV
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1643 Post by RunicV » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:39 am

@mugenjohncel:
I hope you find whatever's wrong with your Cintiq and fix it... Or maybe you accidentally activatd some weird option that locks your tablet or something? I've heard of people accidentally pressing the wrong keys at wrong times and messing up their computers and electronic devices. Good luck with it...
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

User avatar
jghibiki
Regular
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:08 pm
Projects: Dream's Dénouement, Unannounced RPG framework, Renpy-Safe Logger
Organization: Team Anarky
IRC Nick: jghibiki
Location: Minnesota, US
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1644 Post by jghibiki » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:39 am

RunicV wrote:@mugenjohncel:
I hope you find whatever's wrong with your Cintiq and fix it... Or maybe you accidentally activatd some weird option that locks your tablet or something? I've heard of people accidentally pressing the wrong keys at wrong times and messing up their computers and electronic devices. Good luck with it...
if it connects to your computer try reinstalling the drivers there might be a problem with those.
_______________________________________
jghibiki
Web/Twitter/Tumblr

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:09 am

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1645 Post by CheeryMoya » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm really tired of dealing with some people, and even hearing or seeing their name is enough to get me in a bad mood. It should not be possible to be that stupid and their inability to understand anything is grinding on my nerves. It'd do us all a great favor if they went far, far away, "disappeared" even. They don't anything of worth, use up other people's time, and don't give anything back. I'm so done putting up with it all.

User avatar
DeeKay
Veteran
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:25 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1646 Post by DeeKay » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:26 pm

mugenjohncel wrote:A Bamboo but I can't remember where I placed it and ordering a Cintiq from overseas is a pain (thanks to customs) while the Cintiq available locally is not exactly state of the art...
If you're really in need of a new Cintiq (and your current one isn't working as a tablet anymore of course), can't you make use of a Filipino company to pick and drop your goods if you order it from abroad ? Or get it delivered via a balikbayan box with the help of friends or relatives ?
I remember my mom mentioning balikbayan boxes once so...

Anyway, I really hope you'll get it sorted out Mugen. Hopefully it's just a minor issue and you don't need to get a new one since it's quite the investment.
* crosses his fingers *
-- No longer active --
Image
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

Image
-- Check out this project if you have some time !

User avatar
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:13 pm
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1647 Post by mugenjohncel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:47 pm

DeeKay wrote:If you're really in need of a new Cintiq (and your current one isn't working as a tablet anymore of course), can't you make use of a Filipino company to pick and drop your goods if you order it from abroad ? Or get it delivered via a balikbayan box with the help of friends or relatives ?
I remember my mom mentioning balikbayan boxes once so...
Not really a very good idea... I hate to say this but Philippine Customs is one if not the most corrupt in the world... and I have experienced it personally... and what a nasty experience it was...
http://studiomugenjohncel.wordpress.com ... pt-crooks/

No one is safe from the prying eyes of those crooks from the Philippine Bureau of Customs... the place is literally a den of legalized crooks... the only way I can acquire a Cintiq now is to buy one of those older models available locally or watch out for people who are selling their surplus... anyway, I'll just bring it to an accredited service center to see if it can be fixed... pen is out of the question since I have two pens both didn't work...

Edit:
Ironically, I am also an accredited importer and a licensed broker... but that does not exempt me from their prying eyes... it just makes my paperwork less of a burden... :mrgreen:

User avatar
DeeKay
Veteran
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:25 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1648 Post by DeeKay » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:05 pm

mugenjohncel wrote:Not really a very good idea... I hate to say this but Philippine Customs is one if not the most corrupt in the world... and I have experienced it personally... and what a nasty experience it was...
http://studiomugenjohncel.wordpress.com ... pt-crooks/

No one is safe from the prying eyes of those crooks from the Philippine Bureau of Customs... the place is literally a den of legalized crooks... the only way I can acquire a Cintiq now is to buy one of those older models available locally or watch out for people who are selling their surplus... anyway, I'll just bring it to an accredited service center to see if it can be fixed... pen is out of the question since I have two pens both didn't work...
Dang ! I knew corruption was a big issue in the Phils but still...
And are online shops with direct delivery services like Amazon included in their job ? If not, is it worth the shipping fee ?
Well, good luck with this regardless ! I really hope you'll get this sorted out :)
mugenjohncel wrote:Edit:
Ironically, I am also an accredited importer and a licensed broker... but that does not exempt me from their prying eyes... it just makes my paperwork less of a burden... :mrgreen:
For some reason, I'm not really surprised based on your previous statement ^^'''
-- No longer active --
Image
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

Image
-- Check out this project if you have some time !

User avatar
Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:40 am
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1649 Post by Victoria Jennings » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Lately, I've been ashamed of being female and a lesbian. For some reason, I've really felt pressure to conform since... oh, I don't know, late June or so? It might just be the people I talk to, but... damn. I:

J. Datie
Veteran
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:30 am
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1650 Post by J. Datie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:47 am

Victoria Jennings wrote:Lately, I've been ashamed of being female and a lesbian. For some reason, I've really felt pressure to conform since... oh, I don't know, late June or so? It might just be the people I talk to, but... damn. I:
Don't. Shame is only for when you do something wrong, not when other people think you're doing something wrong. You're a good person, Tori. You deserve to be treated as such, especially from yourself. And if people don't understand that that's how it works, then, well, it's not your job to play the role they've decided you should play. I'm sure there's a lot of people in this world whose opinions you ignore. Maybe it's time to add a few more names to that list. Because you deserve better than that.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users