Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1696 Post by Samu-kun »

Taleweaver wrote:
Mink wrote:I've been waiting to say this for awhile: I can't stand The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, mainly because of Haruhi. I try to watch it, but then I'm like, "...God I hate this girl."
I think that's the entire appeal of this show. You have an girl with pretty much the worst personality in the world, abusive, disrespectful of others and bossy, and she's the center of everything. And you watch the show and you're glad you're not under her whim.

I think it's the same appeal as with House, M.D. Okay, he's brilliant, but MAN am I glad I don't have to work with him.
Well, coming from someone's who's fairly tsundere about the Haruhi franchise, I don't think an anime series needs likable characters to tell a good story. A lot of my favorite shows have main characters who I would not ever want to associate with in real life. Now, the Haruhi franchise doesn't really tell a really good story unless you REALLY work hard to figure the story out, but it's pretty deep stuff once you do...

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#1697 Post by Mink »

But if I don't like anyone, let alone one of the main characters, what's my incentive to watch and/or care?
Taleweaver wrote:
Mink wrote:I've been waiting to say this for awhile: I can't stand The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, mainly because of Haruhi. I try to watch it, but then I'm like, "...God I hate this girl."
I think that's the entire appeal of this show. You have an girl with pretty much the worst personality in the world, abusive, disrespectful of others and bossy, and she's the center of everything. And you watch the show and you're glad you're not under her whim.

I think it's the same appeal as with House, M.D. Okay, he's brilliant, but MAN am I glad I don't have to work with him.
Yeah, but I at least think House is amusing. I just think Haruhi is a bitch.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Hiddlestoners
Regular
Completed: Thinking Of You [KN]
Projects: PERPLEXITY [Mystery VN], simplicity [KN,Fluff,GxB,BxG]

#1698 Post by Hiddlestoners »

junna wrote: 1. o_0 huh... crazy docs. =..= they should've known better I mean, come on...I was diagnosed when I was 15, back then my curvature was only 25 degrees (I grew older, taller so I add the curvature) and they saw it just from one measly chest x-ray. *mumbles about insane doctors*

2. *bites hiddles* you shall not add to my crazies! *gandalf voiceover* lol jk
Doctors are pretty insane these day - I think the idea of high wages is attracting people to become doctors more than actual treating of patients and shizz D;
Crazies schmazies - how's it going? ;)
Taleweaver wrote: It's a major surgery, yes, meaning you won't be back from the clinic after a few days. And the half year until recovery is also a good estimate, during which you're not allowed to carry anything heavy or to otherwise strain yourself. After that, depending on how much they had to do, you'll be back with only minor restrictions, like not being able to bend over fully any more, but aside from that, there will be no pain, no obstructions, and you can boast before others that your bones are now laced with titanium :)

Really, do it now while you're still young and not in a job where taking 1/2 year off would be troublesome. Scoliosis can only progress, it doesn't get better by itself.
I guess I will probably get it done in the future - my parents have decided that my education is more important now and we've asked the doctor whether I could have it later and he's told us I can, but then I would be under a different jurisdiction due to the fact I will no longer be classed as a 'child'...so many problems orz
Aedin wrote:My spin isn't curved much, just enough for it to qualify as scoliosis and to cause me pain. He said that because it was't so bad there was no need to operate, but since we'd waited so long, there was nothing we could do. My back still causes me a lot of problems. I can hardly bend over, it takes me twice as long to stand up as my friends, and I'm more susceptable to back and leg injuries now. I just have to go to a chiropractor once a month to try to align it and ibuprofenwhore and bathe in Icyhot when it gets bad.
I've tried to chiropractors before, but it did no help and as time went by the session times got shorter but the prices increased...so we stopped going to them. I've tried osteopathy as well as going to another chiropractors, but they did nothing. Now though, I'm getting monthly massages (tried a sports massage once. I died orz), and I find they help my back much more than the other treatments. For a cheap price of £25 per hour, my back feels much better than it has done in the past 14 years! /fistpump
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

lordshadowisle
Regular

#1699 Post by lordshadowisle »

Mink wrote:I heard she gets better, but all I can think is, "Couldn't you just like, drug her/keep her in a medical coma/you-get-it and keep her locked up? Would that solve the problem?"
That seems like a great idea. An even better one: after you drug her into a coma, you can use her as a wishing-device, by whispering into her ears...

Minnfae
Regular
Projects: Undecided

#1700 Post by Minnfae »

I'm so mad at my drawing attempts :cry:
it's affecting me more than it should, because I really want to make that game thing
My avatar art is a freebie by SilverHyena. Thanks a lot!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#1701 Post by Taleweaver »

Hiddlestoners wrote:I've tried to chiropractors before, but it did no help and as time went by the session times got shorter but the prices increased...so we stopped going to them. I've tried osteopathy as well as going to another chiropractors, but they did nothing. Now though, I'm getting monthly massages (tried a sports massage once. I died orz), and I find they help my back much more than the other treatments. For a cheap price of £25 per hour, my back feels much better than it has done in the past 14 years! /fistpump
Yeah, there's a lot of pseudomedicine around that doesn't relieve you of anything but your money. Good thing you found a therapy that helps you with the symptoms now; quality of life is the essential factor, in my opinion, when deciding on how to treat a medical problem. You seem to have found a good solution.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#1702 Post by Fungii »

2 weeks into the new semester and I swear I've got freshers flu /again/.
I don't want to spend the entire week holed up in my room again but I don't want to risk giving it to my classmates either.

I have to eat with my mouth open just to stay alive uuughhHHHH

junna
Veteran
Projects: DreamWalker; History; Adversity Competition

#1703 Post by junna »

Fungii wrote:2 weeks into the new semester and I swear I've got freshers flu /again/.
I don't want to spend the entire week holed up in my room again but I don't want to risk giving it to my classmates either.

I have to eat with my mouth open just to stay alive uuughhHHHH
I'm in the last 2 weeks of lectures... and I managed to bag the prize of having my exams during the first week of the exam period.

so...I have only 3 weeks to go till end of semester. either way...I feel like I'm dying of flu too. ^^;; did you infect me?
chibi avvie by Meg (buprettyinpink).
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

Lumella
Regular
Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
Organization: Unis

#1704 Post by Lumella »

I'm supposed to be finishing my non-academic project (a.k.a. the game I'm currently working on) for this term, but dammit!

My professor, who happens to be a good friend of mine, kept dragging me to these freelance projects he kept agreeing on, but he couldn't handle it on his own. In the end, I ended up "wasting" my time doing somebody else work with less than minimum wage an intern could even ask for. I'm SUPPOSED to be working and preparing myself to graduate, but nooooooooo. This person wouldn't hear a thing whenever I say "no".

I ditched him for a week just so I can finish the a quarter of my script, but no. He still comes hunting me down in the university, then drags me out even if I told him my situation as a graduating student. :U

It's like I'm talking to a wall.
ImageImageImageImage

Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#1705 Post by Sharm »

Oh yuck. I don't react well to people like that, if he were my friend things would escalate quickly. If it were me I'd tell him flat out that he needs to grow up and handle his own projects like a big boy and if he can't he'd better deal with it like a grown up and take responsibility for his failures, not try to make me responsible for him. That may not be the best approach though, good luck finding a better one.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#1706 Post by ThisIsNoName »

I feel like I'm getting more and more disillusioned with humanity. It feels like the only way I'll ever be able to interact with people is behind a mask, and if I show even a bit of my true self, they freak the hell out. I can't even remember the last time I had any connection with anyone beyond being an aquaintance. I keep trying to reach out to people, but it's always all give and no take, most of the time with them insulting me along the way. The worst part is the fact that I know they can't help it. It's like I'm just on a completely different wavelength than most people, where any attempt at communication just interferes with the other's wavelength.

Sometimes, I just feel like I'm broken, and if anyone tries to fix it, they just end up breaking me more, and I'm the one who gets to pick up the pieces.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#1707 Post by LVUER »

Well, personally, I think the key for social life is to find and then maintain balance between wearing a mask and showing your true self. The closer you are with someone, the more you show your true self part, little by little. Wearing a mask is not the same as lying them, IMO, it's like keeping a distance and behave good socially. The important thing is the intention of why you wear mask. Besides, EVERYONE wears a mask (or even multiple masks) anyway...

Only when you finally have someone who can accept who you really are (without mask), you finally find your best friend OR soul-mate (and then you should marry him/her).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Lumella
Regular
Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
Organization: Unis

#1708 Post by Lumella »

Sharm wrote:Oh yuck. I don't react well to people like that, if he were my friend things would escalate quickly. If it were me I'd tell him flat out that he needs to grow up and handle his own projects like a big boy and if he can't he'd better deal with it like a grown up and take responsibility for his failures, not try to make me responsible for him. That may not be the best approach though, good luck finding a better one.
I do hope things would turn out well. I suppose I'll give him a serious talk for real. I'll prolly finish the current project I had with him then I'll flat out decline the next ones no matter what.
ImageImageImageImage

Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#1709 Post by Deji »

AGH.

For a little less than a year now I've been trying to be an animal welfare conscious person.
I've rescued dogs from the streets and paid from my pocket and by raising money for their treatments, spread the word around when there are cases of abandoned and hurt animals, donated money towards neutering and spaying rescued strays every month and I'm looking to adopt a stray puppy when i can (and find one my boyfriend likes 9_9). I'm also seriously considering going vegetarian in the near future, because eating animals seems more and more wrong with how I feel day after day.

Now it seems a cat that was owned by my late great aunt and that passed to my granny and later to my mom is pregnant. We're not sure, but it may be the case because of the symptoms my mom describes over Skype, so I'll take her to the vet to check it this Sunday. We always thought she was sterilized, ebacsue she has been shagging cats right and left for years and nothing has ever happened.

So I tell my mom if she wants me to go take care of the newborn kittens when they are born and she says no, because she's flushing them down the toilet as soon as they're born D:
And I'm like "WHAT??!!! ARE YOU INSANE??!!". She says she doesn't want to have to take care of any more creatures, so she's just getting rid of them.
WTF.
WTF.
WTF.

I can't take the cat with her kittens, and not even just the kittens here because my boyfriend is *very* allergic to cats, so I'm just panicking here without knowing what to do.

I can't let her do that!!!! But I don't have any means to prevent it >____<

So I'm going to just ask around on facebook with the animal rescuers I'm in touch with and see if they can help me... I've seen them save kittens thrown into garbage bags with their umbilical cords still attached, so I hope I can find somebody to help me S:

But seriously, my mom sucks for me right now. AUGH.
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#1710 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Deji wrote:So I tell my mom if she wants me to go take care of the newborn kittens when they are born and she says no, because she's flushing them down the toilet as soon as they're born D:
And I'm like "WHAT??!!! ARE YOU INSANE??!!". She says she doesn't want to have to take care of any more creatures, so she's just getting rid of them.
WTF.
WTF.
WTF.
H-How can you even... how... why?! How could someone even consider doing that?! ; ~ ;