Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
pwisaguacate
Veteran

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#2911 Post by pwisaguacate »

PEOPLE, I DON'T HAVE ANY CHEST HAIR! WHOA!

But I do have some vertically lined up hair near my navel, m'kay?

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#2912 Post by Razz »

Ugh I don't want to go to work today. I'm not even tired or doing anything more than browsing tumblr but It's such a shitty shift and i haven't had a day off in two weeks. I gotta go though until we hire more people because three people got fired in two weeks and another is leaving to move to another state.

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

#2913 Post by enta »

A....pet triangle?

Okay, so I have this chihuahua which does nothing but slack around the house(it's fine cause I'm a slacker too and I hate TOO energetic dogs who plays 24/7). We sleep together, I walk her, she's always in my room(on my bed, sleeping). She doesn't like playing and is ALWAYS slacking around---until my grandma's dog came to our place.

This grandma's dog is a toy poodle and he's a he. My chihuahua hates him(but I think she finally got used after a week). The thing is, I'm a pet lover and I love dogs of any breed. I play with them and hug them and shower them with love(unwanted or not xD).

Lately, I noticed that when I play with my grandma's dog, my little chihuahua would stare at us(then turn away. wtf). Whenever I go out of the house(even if it's not to walk my grandma's dog), she would follow me and go out as well. And now I'm on in this rule that if I pet my grandma's dog, one hand for him and one hand for my dog >.<

It'S nice to have dogs around but stressing at the same time. I have to do what I do to my grandma's dog to my chihuahua and...I have to walk them together! The toy poodle likes running and is very energetic and my chihuahua is VERY slow(she hates to walk). I feel like I have this boyfriend of mine and I'm cheating on his face :|

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#2914 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

@ enta

Ahh, the troubles of multiples dogs. I know how you feel considering that my family has 5 dogs.

I'm sad to admit that 2 of them don't get as much love and attention because of the weather we have here and because I'm working so much. (They've been put outside because Storm is a big mutt and Midnight is a husky, with breakable stuff within their range. That, plus there was a time Storm took a STEAK off the counter. That and they both really hate Gizmo.)

Of the smaller dogs, there are two that ALWAYS fight, Gizmo and Todd. It's that whole alpha dog thing.

Anyway, it kind of sounds like your Chihuahua is like Gizmo. The attention hog. Doesn't matter who is petting him or holding him, if he sees someone giving Todd or Prince attention he goes straight over and pushes them out of the way. (Basically, he wants ALL the attention.)

It seems yours isn't that extreme, but I think it's good that she isn't as possessive over you. I recommend searching up some advice like I did. (Such as feeding them separately, rewarding them if they behave when they're "ignored", etc) Either way, I wish you good luck!
ImageImageImageImage

enta
Veteran

#2915 Post by enta »

Sunlit-Dreamer wrote:
It seems yours isn't that extreme, but I think it's good that she isn't as possessive over you. I recommend searching up some advice like I did. (Such as feeding them separately, rewarding them if they behave when they're "ignored", etc) Either way, I wish you good luck!
Yes, she's not extreme but her stares(glares?) whenever I pet Tomo-chan(the toy poodle) are scary. It's really like I'm two-timing in front of my boyfriend and I say, "Lookie~ jealous huh?". But since my grandma's hospitalized for a while, Tomo-chan will be staying with us and I really pity him because he had lived with my grandma for 10 years and now they are separated so...

I feed them separately and they sleep seperately too(Tomo-chan sleeps with my parents and Kuu-chan sleeps with me, under my blanket).

I'm glad my mom stopped my dad when he wanted to buy a pug last year. God knows what would've happened if we have 3 dogs around the house now.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#2916 Post by Kato »

3 dogs is such a handful. I have a Staffordshire and two Bull Terrier X's (all of whom want to share the bed when it's bedtime). I think they have worked out the jealousy part though, as long as the staffy gets 90% of the attention everyone is happy. Feeding them is an experience though! They share dry food fine but I have to take turns, locking them away one at a time to feed them anything else. Wouldn't trade them for anything though! They are my girls! XD Haha.

EDIT: Rewarding them if they behave when being ignored worked for me too. Whenever I leave the room I always pat and give attention to the dogs that didn't follow me when I come back in. They are all more or less happy to go about their own thing, regardless of where I am now.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

enta
Veteran

#2917 Post by enta »

Kato wrote: EDIT: Rewarding them if they behave when being ignored worked for me too.
Maybe I should do that rewarding too---or maybe I should ignore both of them(impossible, I squeal every ten minutes because of their cuteness!) :lol:

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#2918 Post by azureXtwilight »

I wrote several posts before about bullying. One of my bullies finally apologized about everything and told me it started by two people spreading news about me. They said I told everyone person X is stupid and moron and he should die, and person X believed him. They also told anyone else different bad things about me. So that's why they bullied me.

For some reason I was relieved because I knew the truth and at least one of them realized they are wrong, but I keep wondering why those two did that. I don't even know them well.

ebi brain
Regular
Organization: Zettai Rookie Project

#2919 Post by ebi brain »

I'm pretty sure it's either jealousy or just being plain bored and lacking brain cells that lead them to it:/
* has been bullied in three different countries for no reason*

I'm sorry you had to go through that though, but it's good that at least one person apologized. My bullies never did and even invited me to a reunion. As if nothing had ever happened. Ugh.

My arms are really hurting. It's getting to the point where things will fall out my hands for no reason again. I've been programming my ass off for this oral exam next week.
The deadline for the programs is Saturday. I spent the past 5 weeks programming 4-6 hours a day... For an exam that will give me maybe 1 credit. 3 lousy programs. And I bet after all this effort my grade won't be higher than a 6 (out of 10).

It makes me wonder, when this course gives me so much pain and stress, wtf am I doing here??
I'm not technically inclined nor passioned about it ( sure getting LEDs to light up is fun, but I'm starting to realize that's not enough). :/

I haven't been able to focus on my studies at all because of this question and I have exams next week. I'm just rooting for the resits as there's no way I'll pass the current exams, but I'm really wondering if this course is for me.

Every aspect I like about this course has nothing to do with electrical engineering.
It's in English, so it gives me a chance to speak and write English.
My favourite part about each theme's project, is putting together the presentation and presenting it.
When a report needs to be written, I'm the one who offers to do it.
And I LOVE correcting other people's writings when we all have to contribute to a report.
If a project needs to look a bit nicer during presentations ( e.g. a robot arm used in agriculture) I'll be the one to come up with props so it looks like the arm is in a farmland setting.
Etc. etc.

(´・_・`) I'm really stressed right now. And if I don't get all my credits I'll get kicked out.
If that DOES happen, I hope it'll be a blessing in disguise...
But I hope it doesn't happen and that this is just a phase I'm going through thanks to being in pain 24/7.
Since I have our site RSI, I used speech recognition by, sometimes this means I'll make some mistakes. :D

My sketchbook - Come yell at me :D

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#2920 Post by Blane Doyle »

I haven't had a proper day off in a week. I won't have one for another four days.

I don't think I have done anything around the house or outside in this time.

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#2921 Post by MomoiroGirl »

I realized I never responded a while back D: Thank you @xavimat, it did help to think about that. I just had to get used to the thought of taking prescription medicine, since I've never been on any before. Anyways, I've been taking my pills for a while now, and it's slooowly helping little by little. It does take quite some time though, and will-power as well.

Anyways, something stupid happened just now, just wanted to rage a teeny, tiny bit.
My mom has been planning to go to visit my aunt (her sister) for a while now, but we had trouble finding out what to do with me while she's gone (since she kinda looks after me, since I due to my condition am unable to perform a lot of tasks). And so we figured out, that my best friend would be able to look after me in those 4 days, my mom would be gone. She knows about my condition, and was more than willing to "take care" of me while my mom was gone. My mom just had to figure out whether she would be gone from thursday-sunday or saturday-tuesday.

Now that she decided to go from saturday-tuesday, I called to inform my friend. As I told her what had been decided and all, ALL OF A SUDDEN she's all like "Oh, but you know I'm only staying from saturday to sunday right?" After some discussion it seems she thought, that she only would stay at my place to look after me ALL 4 days if it was from thursday-sunday,since she APPARENTLY had to be somewhere on monday... It may not seem like much, but thing is:

1. She does this ALL. THE. TIME.

2. This is about MY HEALTH. The place my mom is going is like, 3 hours and a ferry ride away, and if something were to happen with me, she would be unable to hurry over. It was THE REASON my friend was even supposed to come over to begin with! And NOW she's all like 2Oh, didn't I tell you?"

It's not even just about me needing someone around me, to help me do certain things. It's because of my extreme anxiety and fear of EVERYTHING. As soon as the sun goes down, I'm a nervous WRECK until someone comes home, unless I like turn on ALL lights And have a TV turned permanently on. I won't go into details, as to exactly how bad it gets if i REALLY get an anxiety attack. So now my mom's insisting o cancelling her trip, so that I won't be alone in case something happens. i hope we'll be able to figure something out causeI don't think Icould make any other of my friends come to "take care" of me :/ Just had to get this out before I go to bed-____-

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#2922 Post by Razz »

I guess i'll spoiler this for subject matter;
I'm so low on money i've been entertaining the idea of doing adult commissions. I mean yeah i could do regular commissions but I truly don't think i'd be paid enough for it to be worth it. It keeps playing over in my head that someone paid this guy $300 for furry artwork of their OCs. I no longer have the pic but the final result was abysmal and done in colored pencils. (not the good way the 4th grader art project way) Furry and other fetish artwork isn't my thing at all, but man they've got money to burn.

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#2923 Post by destiny_921 »

I think I'm stuck in a rut.

I'm so worn out by everything that it isn't funny. Sure, I go out, socialize with my friends and everything but I feel like there's just...nothing for me to hold onto. I'm at college for about 8-10 hours each day for five days a week, depending on whether I have extra-curricular activities' meetings or not. That's about 50 hours in a week. When Saturday and Sunday comes, I feel like I have no purpose.

I do my assignments, my homework.etc. I push myself to my limits everyday until I'm just so damn tired. I know that to get great grades, I need to work hard. I need to study. But I think I'm burning myself out.

These days, I just feel so tired that I just go up to my room right after dinner and listen to music. I shut myself in my room. I know that this isn't healthy, but I can't help it.

I need a break...
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#2924 Post by Deji »

Razz wrote:I guess i'll spoiler this for subject matter;
I'm so low on money i've been entertaining the idea of doing adult commissions. I mean yeah i could do regular commissions but I truly don't think i'd be paid enough for it to be worth it. It keeps playing over in my head that someone paid this guy $300 for furry artwork of their OCs. I no longer have the pic but the final result was abysmal and done in colored pencils. (not the good way the 4th grader art project way) Furry and other fetish artwork isn't my thing at all, but man they've got money to burn.
I have a couple of artist acquaintances that do that and get *a lot* of money for it.
Beware of the strange/possibly squicky fetishes though; they said people with weird fetishes swarm the newcomers since they have lower chances of people drawing the things they like (as they're strange and/or squicky), so fresh blood means hope for them.
When I say weird fetishes I don't mean tentacles and such, I mean snuff and vore, like this request they got of a character slowly cooking, seasoning and eating a little kid @_____@
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#2925 Post by Blane Doyle »

@Deji woooooow...

A couple friends of mine have had those sorts of things available for a long time but they have NEVER gotten a request like that... I guess they're lucky...