Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#3286 Post by mugenjohncel »

GRRRAAAAHHHHH!!!!

So I decided to take a break from doing BG's and get back to drawing and OELVN projects. Of course this time... I no longer have the luxury (and bragging rights) of owning a Cintiq because it broke and is currently back at the store where I purchased it. I'm now stuck with an old Bamboo and quite frankly... it's a struggle to even synchronize my hand and eye movements...

Also, despite being a sort of Jack-of-all-Trades when it comes to OELVN creation, I still badly wanted to work with a team but too shy to ask and even more shy to post in the WIP thread that I badly needed help with the R.S.P. Remake on the coding, scripting and voice part... especially scripting because simply remaking LVUER's R.S.P. with new and shiny graphics is just plain boring so I added new elements to the point that it could be called R.S.P. 2 at this stage... of course, new elements require new writing and script and uh... Me UNCLE MUGEN doing the writing is like taking a Polar Bear and dumping it in the middle of the desert... you get what I'm trying to say here right? The way I write things I divide them into chapter and with my limited english vocabulary I write them as best as I can... unfortunately, the problem I always encounter is how to glue each one of them together in one big and continuous flowing story that can be understood and enjoyable...

Oh and... I'm beginning to think I already reached the maximum limits of what Sketchup can do to achieve my goal of creating beautiful BG's for OELVN...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Delta m.m
Regular

#3287 Post by Delta m.m »

Tsk tsk, poor uncle Mugen
May was the "be kind to Uncle Mugen" month, you should have asked for a team while you had the chance
wait maybe you can ask for one for your birthday!
oh no that's gone too...
now you have no hope at all :(

seriously though, I think you should just gather your strength close your eyes and make a recruitment thread
actually you should write the post then close your eyes, but whatever...
anyway I'm new here but I think many people would love to help you as you've helped them, there are 158 posts at your "Uncle Mugen's FREE resources" thread, and lots of "Thank you uncle Mugen" posts.

because you're kind to people people will be kind to you, just have More Confidence Uncle.

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#3288 Post by dramspringfeald »

Mom goes into surgery this morning... I'll update as things go along.
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#3289 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

@Dram: Best of luck. Hope everything goes smoothly.

@Mugen: I've never thought of you as shy, within this community. You are one of the best known members here, and have been supporting this community for years. I think you may be surprised how much support you get. Just be prepared that other team members may be less excited about making another game with a certain long-haired guy in the spotlight. Kind of overshadows other people's contribution.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#3290 Post by curry nochi rice »

I'm in my final year of college, but I'm not yet enrolled.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran

#3291 Post by dramspringfeald »

So, Plans changed, I stay home and tend the critters. I'll know the outcome at around Noon (7 hours) My best bet is to just sleep it out but I cant. :s
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#3292 Post by unknown5 »

dramspringfeald wrote:So, Plans changed, I stay home and tend the critters. I'll know the outcome at around Noon (7 hours) My best bet is to just sleep it out but I cant. :s
do the best that you can for her so there are no regrets. hard to put into words ... it's difficult. take care.
information wants to be free, yo.

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran

#3293 Post by dramspringfeald »

She's doing well, the procedure went without a hitch. We'll just have to wait till she is better, She'll be there till about Friday or Sunday.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3294 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

That's awesome. Hope you can relax a bit easier now.
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#3295 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Oh, dang, it's been some time since I've been able to get on here. School sure gets tougher around this time, but on the plus side, it seems like I'll be studying abroad in Japan! (Yay intensive language workshops in what I hear is sweltering heat and humidity!)
Who am I kidding? Even if this kills me, I'm happy.

Anyway, seeing as I'll be in the country, if any of y'all from Japan want to meet up, it might be possible, if I can figure things out. (pm me, since I still can't keep up with this forum as much any more :'D) *cough* Trick *cough*
I'll be at Osaka for most of the summer, I think, but it's not like travel is entirely out of the question. (Although it probably won't be easy or cheap.)
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3296 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

I've only spent a few days in Osaka, but if you want the advice of a foreigner who has been in Japan a while, I'd be happy to help. It's actually good practice for me. I'd really love to hear about your experiences too. By the way, people in Osaka are really wonderful. I always thought my Japanese would have improved much faster because the people in Osaka are much more talkative with foreigners than the people in Tokyo. I had a really great holiday there.

Edit: I should PM this, just to be safe.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#3297 Post by Samu-kun »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:Oh, dang, it's been some time since I've been able to get on here. School sure gets tougher around this time, but on the plus side, it seems like I'll be studying abroad in Japan! (Yay intensive language workshops in what I hear is sweltering heat and humidity!)
Who am I kidding? Even if this kills me, I'm happy.

Anyway, seeing as I'll be in the country, if any of y'all from Japan want to meet up, it might be possible, if I can figure things out. (pm me, since I still can't keep up with this forum as much any more :'D) *cough* Trick *cough*
I'll be at Osaka for most of the summer, I think, but it's not like travel is entirely out of the question. (Although it probably won't be easy or cheap.)
Osaka?
I will give you enormous kudos if you can find Nonami's house.
And extra bonus point if you find the destined park.

You've got to at least find Riku's school. ;)

Chances are though, you'll most likely see the mall in Homeward. It's pretty damned big and well known in the area...

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#3298 Post by noeinan »

Getting things off my chest...

This year I've been having a lot of health problems and have decided to have surgery so that I'm not in so much pain all the time. Unfortunately, the surgery I need will sterilize me and since I am young and without children I'm having a hard time getting it lined up. >< I also don't know if my insurance will cover it and I will be graduating out of my student position (which I've had for 3 years) and into unemployment.

On the bright side, more time this summer to work on visual novels! :D

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#3299 Post by JumpJump »

My teeth are in so much pain right now!!!

AGHHHHHHHHH!!!!
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#3300 Post by Blane Doyle »

It's a teeny, tiny, little thing... but it still grates on my nerves.

It seems everyone and their mom gets to call out sick or ask for a specific day off... except me.

I've asked to call off a day in advance, twice. Once when I was so ill I spent most of my shift at the toilet (yes, they still said I had to come in lest I reap disciplinary action), and today I asked for tomorrow off because I am in so much pain that a normal dose of pain killers just isn't working for me.

Unless a client of ours cancels tomorrow? "Someone else called off already, sorry. It can't be that bad, I don't know your pain tolerance so you may be exaggerating or overreacting just to have a day off for all I know."

I've worked here for 10 months. I have 3 days of sick leave piled up since I have not used them. In this 10 month span I have had to cover someone else because they called off at the last minute 2-5 times a month.

I love having work to make money and all, and I love my job itself, but this is SLIGHTLY ridiculous and makes me feel as if they are taking advantage of me because I normally come in regardless of how I feel. I only ask off when it's REALLY REALLY BAD. The person in charge of schedules in my AUNT. She knows I don't make excuses just to get out of work, I never have! To have her even insinuate that I would do that is, frankly, insulting. And pretty telling of why I don't really like her all that much.

But what really irks me?

I asked for the last week of June off back in October. Why? A close friend of mine is getting married and wants me to come down for her wedding. I haven't seen her in years and this will be the first time I get to spend time with other mutual friends of ours.

I have been told that if someone calls off during this time period? It doesn't matter how long in advance I asked for this, I have to cancel my plans for her wedding and work instead.

Someone can call off at the very last second on a near regular basis... but I can't ask to stay at home when I am visibly ill once or even keep plans I made known months in advance and received approval for. Or, gosh, even keep the two scheduled days off I have in a week instead of being forced to work almost 14 days in a row!

Seems fair, doesn't it?