Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#3316 Post by SundownKid »

Applegate wrote: So remember this gripe? Turns out my upstairs neighbour just forgot he left the bath running after killing himself. Man, what a doof. I feel horrible now.
DUDE! :shock: Yeah... that's not really something for you to feel bad about, I doubt anyone would expect something like that to happen.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#3317 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Samu-kun wrote: Osaka?
I will give you enormous kudos if you can find Nonami's house.
And extra bonus point if you find the destined park.

You've got to at least find Riku's school. ;)

Chances are though, you'll most likely see the mall in Homeward. It's pretty damned big and well known in the area...
Oh, dang! I've got to dig through Homeward again to find those locations.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#3318 Post by LVUER »

unknown5 wrote:kinda annoying when search engines are obfuscating, manipulating results, redirecting me to propaganda pieces on certain topics of interest. =P
doesn't matter with their silly reindeer games. in the end, the mice and the mice catchers will all be devoured.
IDK if search engine actually do that, but they usually will show you sites with highest traffic first (or some kind of algorithm).

I've tried to look for a particular article several months ago to no avail. Now (when it's already all too late), i found it easily. I guess it's because there are lots of people like me...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#3319 Post by Sapphi »

Applegate wrote: So remember this gripe? Turns out my upstairs neighbour just forgot he left the bath running after killing himself. Man, what a doof. I feel horrible now.
Oh... wow... I would feel bad too :(
Poor guy...
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#3320 Post by dramspringfeald »

I... I'll just leave this here because you can already guess my reply...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/0 ... ostpopular
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#3321 Post by Victoria Jennings »

I'm coming up with a story about FoundryDweller because after collective is finished, I'd like to take on this project next. It's simply fascinating.

The thing is though, the more I write about it, the more I'm starting to scare myself. If I did make it, I wouldn't even be able to play my own game. ; ~ ;

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#3322 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

If you make a WiP thread, please let me know, so I can subscribe to it.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#3323 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Haha, sure thing. I'm not sure I could make a WIP thread on the LSF though. It'd be a real-time 3D adventure.

Nexus
Projects: [Heart Catcher][If only i said those words..]
Organization: Obliviware
IRC Nick: Nexus

#3324 Post by Nexus »

(new at forum but I will post here anyway)
Ah yes, I tend to be cool headed and mellow almost everyday.. But when my personal problems start to accumulate over a while, my glass tends to “spill” some/most water into the table, you know what I mean? Oh of course I know that tomorrow will be a different day and it will be all better somehow… It’s just that I gotta let off some steam, you know? Why am I sad/disappointed? Well someone argued to me that i can’t “DO” (let’s just assume that’s a DO) that because it’s bad luck..? “Bad.. Luck..? BAD LUCK..?! I mean, what nonsense are you talking about..? Is it bad for me to keep turtles (let’s set a turtle superstition as an example) because it promotes “slow”/”delayed” progress in life?!” *sigh*

“Everything is based on chance. Believing on superstitions in this day and age, in my opinion, is stupid. The future is not determined, and maybe because of that uncertainty, one will hide inside idiotic superstitions believing that when one does not do/stay away from those things, one will be safe from “bad luck” and “ill omens”…But the real truth is, anything can happen tomorrow. You can stump your toe in the edge of the bed, you might get robbed the moment you go out of your house, you might go home safely after a day’s work, you might experience power outage in a few minutes/hours or days, lightning might strike close to your home, and so on.. All those MIGHT that you have everyday and you’re still scared of the future, how scared are you?? Being scared of a spider is way more understandable of a reason for being afraid than yours bro…” (-_- ”’)

So I said that to his/her face with an unflinching of an eye and with word for word, coming out of my mouth without very long pauses in them (not counting the emoticon of course)..
…Our argue about superstition might be a little shallow, but i’m the kind of person that can be viewed as a dormant volcano that can easily explode the moment when magma below is quite full, and then it violently erupts without any hints of its eminent eruption/destruction above and spews out hot molten lava… And I really DO mean that I had problems (thus accumulating negative emotions inside) in the past few weeks.

I’ll… I’ll shut up now…. I… N-need to watch some anime so as not to think about it anymore… *calming down while watching Gintama season 4, episode 166*

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#3325 Post by Lishy »

dramspringfeald wrote:I... I'll just leave this here because you can already guess my reply...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/0 ... ostpopular
I'm laughing at the fact FBI agents thought they needed an m16 to arrest him in the first place. Seriously? A computer hacker nerd typically can't even stop their bully at school from giving them a wedgie, and these FBI folks think they need an ASSAULT RIFLE to detain him!?

It's no wonder America is getting hit by terrorists all the time! Our federal police force is incompetent beyond belief! They can't even arrest skin and bones without a gun!

I mean, when a bunch of armed cops surround an unarmed computer geek pissing his pants, do they really feel like they need a gun to detain him!? Are they that incompetent they couldn't simply put handcuffs on him!?

Also, I think it's absolutely inappropriate for cops to be cussing at people who clearly aren't resisting the justice system. When you ask someone to get down and they actually get down, then anything a cop says beyond that is legally harassment. If they continue to cuss and beat an arestee who clearly isn't resisting, then I think that cop should be held for a mental evaluation and tried for ASSAULT!

How much built up anger do you need to shout at the top of your lungs: "GET THE FUCK DOWN!!!" with a RIFLE pointed at someone's head!? If they're really going that far, don't they have anger issues!? These are people we're trusting on the streets with an m16!? These nutjobs who have to act like a sociopath on the job!?
-

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#3326 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

That's not the point. After this guy filled his pants, you can be sure he started to seriously rethink his future plans. For a while, at least.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#3327 Post by dramspringfeald »

Well, to be fair the last 3 major bombs were done by Skinny, nerdy computer engineers that collectively weighed 200 lbs. The Boxer doesn't count because he wasn't that bright to begin with, Last 6 or 7 Shootings were also the "nerdy type" to boot.

So, I would understand their caution.
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#3328 Post by Lishy »

dramspringfeald wrote:Well, to be fair the last 3 major bombs were done by Skinny, nerdy computer engineers that collectively weighed 200 lbs. The Boxer doesn't count because he wasn't that bright to begin with, Last 6 or 7 Shootings were also the "nerdy type" to boot.

So, I would understand their caution.
Except common sense dictates this is a completely different context.

I would expect the almighty intel of the FBI to know their hacker suspect is not a terrorist bomber armed with AR-15.
-

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#3329 Post by Didules »

Today, in France... We are given the results about our studies. I mean, what we're going to do after our final exam in Highschool... I only have my 5th choice...which is one of the last I made... Sometime I hate my life... :'(
(sorry for the mistakes, but I don't even want to check what I've written...) (Sorry, I'm just a bit depressed...Now I have to wait for the final results in two weeks... :cry: )

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#3330 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Didules wrote:Today, in France... We are given the results about our studies. I mean, what we're going to do after our final exam in Highschool... I only have my 5th choice...which is one of the last I made... Sometime I hate my life... :'(
(sorry for the mistakes, but I don't even want to check what I've written...) (Sorry, I'm just a bit depressed...Now I have to wait for the final results in two weeks... :cry: )
If it makes you feel any better, I got my 10th choice when leaving high school, but things turned out well from there. In the end, it didn't really make any difference, I met new people and had fun. So, while things might not seem good, they're probably better than you think.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.