Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#3346 Post by Greeny »

@Deji
I wish I could just tell you that you really should break up with him, but I'm not experienced or wise enough to make that call. I do sincerely hope you don't just let that slide, though.

While I'm here, I got laments of my own.
I feel like I've only ever really loved one person, and it was a very short-lived relationship indeed. Everything else since then has just been a robotic, methodical system of me playing the part of perfect boyfriend so the they'll let me touch their naughty bits. I just want someone I can connect with. Someone who doesn't want me for my looks or my "nice guy" act, for starters.

And most annoyingly of all, my sexuality keeps getting in the way of any kind of real relationship. I wish I was born a woman; testosterone's a real bitch when you want to keep a clear mind at all times.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#3347 Post by SundownKid »

Greeny wrote: While I'm here, I got laments of my own.
I feel like I've only ever really loved one person, and it was a very short-lived relationship indeed. Everything else since then has just been a robotic, methodical system of me playing the part of perfect boyfriend so the they'll let me touch their naughty bits. I just want someone I can connect with. Someone who doesn't want me for my looks or my "nice guy" act, for starters.

And most annoyingly of all, my sexuality keeps getting in the way of any kind of real relationship. I wish I was born a woman; testosterone's a real bitch when you want to keep a clear mind at all times.
I'm pretty sure women have their own (estrogen-related) issues. Alas, being horny all the time is just part of being a young man.

I fail to see how a real relationship is not built on sexuality. Every romantic relationship is built on sexuality, unless you're some kind of android.

You're lucky girls do want you for your looks! Perhaps you should be picking and choosing what women you go out with more. Try to find a connection when you first meet.

Armee
Veteran

#3348 Post by Armee »

So today, my bf suddenly came back from America, he came back in surprise so I didn't have the chance to prepare something to greet him.
The only thing I did was make the face of " What are you doing in here?!" He's pretty upset at first but after that, he became happier after I spent time with him. I knew him for seven years, he had been chasing after him for that long. Man, he's patient. Anyway, during that time, we've been friends and both of us was in a lot of relationship before we were dating. When I accepted to be his girlfriend, I had interest in another guy at my class. He knew that but he never complain, he even encouraged me before that. He always acted that he doesn't care at all about that but he always ask me how do I feel about him and the other guy.

So now, he asked me once again, and, I said I'm over it.

Sound like a happy ending, but if it's a happy ending then I wouldn't posting it here. It would be shout for happiness.

He was happy, at least until I said that we can't continue our relationship because I just see him as a friend after all, and then he confessed that he also eyed on another girl during the time he studied aboard. It's complicate for us. So we decided to give both of us sometime to think, but for me, it's like a break up for our relationship and friendship.

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#3349 Post by Didules »

Armee wrote: He was happy, at least until I said that we can't continue our relationship because I just see him as a friend after all, and then he confessed that he also eyed on another girl during the time he studied aboard. It's complicate for us. So we decided to give both of us sometime to think, but for me, it's like a break up for our relationship and friendship.
It may be hard for the time being, but a strong friendship will always survive. If he has already set his eyes on another girl, then it may be easier to deal for him. It's hard to go back to friendship after that kind of relationship, but it is possible. I wish you good luck, and I hope you'll be happy.
Whatever may happen, remember that time heals everything. Maybe it will be hard to stay friend right now, but after some time you'll be back as friends, like nothing ever happened, that's what I hope and believe in.

Everybody seems to have problems with love ^^ and so do I.
I'm in love with my friend's boyfriend. Giving up is hard. I wish their happiness but it saddens me to see how happy they are. I am an awful and contradictory person.... ^^"

Armee
Veteran

#3350 Post by Armee »

Didules wrote:It may be hard for the time being, but a strong friendship will always survive. If he has already set his eyes on another girl, then it may be easier to deal for him. It's hard to go back to friendship after that kind of relationship, but it is possible. I wish you good luck, and I hope you'll be happy.
Whatever may happen, remember that time heals everything. Maybe it will be hard to stay friend right now, but after some time you'll be back as friends, like nothing ever happened, that's what I hope and believe in.
Everybody seems to have problems with love ^^ and so do I.
I'm in love with my friend's boyfriend. Giving up is hard. I wish their happiness but it saddens me to see how happy they are. I am an awful and contradictory person.... ^^"
Your words made my day, I'm pretty upset after the accident I had. We're only dating for four months, but we went through a lot of events. I hope we can be like before because it's hard to avoid and act in front of him, he's my closest friend after all.
Here's the tip about your relationship, took a sip of what you like (beer in my case...), do whatever keep you busy and make your mind didn't think about him. Act casual in front of him, spread hatred or 1 months of summer vacation without seeing his face will making you forget him. I'm always do that because I'm always fall into unwanted love

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#3351 Post by Didules »

Armee wrote:Here's the tip about your relationship, took a sip of what you like (beer in my case...), do whatever keep you busy and make your mind didn't think about him. Act casual in front of him, spread hatred or 1 months of summer vacation without seeing his face will making you forget him. I'm always do that because I'm always fall into unwanted love
Thank you for the advice, I think I'll do that! Hopefully I'm good at not showing my true feelings, so I don't think it'll damage our friendship :)
That's the very first time it happened to me, and I didn't know what to do (apart form hating myself ^.^").
I'm glad what I wrote helped you :)
I hope everything will be fine with your next love (^o^)

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#3352 Post by MaiMai »

SundownKid wrote:
Greeny wrote: While I'm here, I got laments of my own.

I'm pretty sure women have their own (estrogen-related) issues. Alas, being horny all the time is just part of being a young man.

I fail to see how a real relationship is not built on sexuality. Every romantic relationship is built on sexuality, unless you're some kind of android.

You're lucky girls do want you for your looks! Perhaps you should be picking and choosing what women you go out with more. Try to find a connection when you first meet.
Just to throw in my two cents... I think instead of trying to FIND love, you ought to be making love (no not in that way!!).

I feel like people focus on trying to fall in love and find their soul mate when in fact it's just as important to BE someone who's worth being in love with. I think this passage sums up what I'm trying to say best.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#3353 Post by ThisIsNoName »

SundownKid wrote: I fail to see how a real relationship is not built on sexuality. Every romantic relationship is built on sexuality, unless you're some kind of android.
Or unless you're asexual... ya know, like me.
:)

Anyways, I have something else to get off my chest. About 3 years ago, I started playing with a church worship band that I had amazing musical chemistry with. The problem is that they only saw me as an instrument instead of a person, and they eventually asked me to drop everything I was doing on a whim to go touring across the nation with them (it's also worth mentioning I was in the middle of a college semester). It eventually got so bad that I had to outright leave the band, and the rest of the band pretty much dissolved a year later.

The whole thing pretty much crushed my love for music, and I haven't been able to play music without thinking about it.

Anyways, my friend's brother has been nagging me to start a band, and I can't help but consider it, even though he's showing all the same signs as before. He showed almost no interest in me other than common courtesy until he found out I play an instrument. Now he mentions it everytime he sees me.

I want to get back into music, but I don't think I can take being hurt like last time again.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3354 Post by DaFool »

Tyrion Lannister is my role model. The most awesome of all Game of Thrones characters. That man has principles, a sense of honor, and a moral compass (tis true! he only talks dirty).

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#3355 Post by jack_norton »

Deji wrote: He knows a lot about RPGs (I value his opinion a lot), but he's part of that annoying mindset of "if you're going to do it, do it perfect or do nothing at all", while I'm more of the school of "better do *something*, even if not remotely perfect, that not doing anything at all".
Well, his idea is the worst one for a small team to begin with (like I suppose you are). Your idea that's better to do something is very good instead. Coming from my almost 10 years of personal experience being self-supporting indie :wink:
But really, "start small and expand later" is nothing new, basically everyone who has a bit of experience running a business knows about it... sorry if I critique your BF's ideas. For the record, I was like him when I was 20 years old and boy, I was so wrong...!
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#3356 Post by Omnificent »

I am so utterly sick of the gender wars that it's not even funny.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

#3357 Post by Itwasneveradream »

Greeny wrote: I feel like I've only ever really loved one person, and it was a very short-lived relationship indeed.

You got me curious but I won't pry any further unless you're willing to tell me.
Greeny wrote: Everything else since then has just been a robotic, methodical system of me playing the part of perfect boyfriend so the they'll let me touch their naughty bits.
I have to admit that this made me laugh. But this is isn't the main point. I'm just throwin in my 2 cents on this.
Greeny wrote: I just want someone I can connect with. Someone who doesn't want me for my looks or my "nice guy" act, for starters.
Riiigggght here.
I'm a bit young so, what exactly do you mean by "connect?" Like someone that gets you and understands you? Also, what is this "nice guy act"? Are you a different person under that? And if you show this act to everyone, how is this girl supposed to like you for you?

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#3358 Post by Greeny »

Itwasneveradream wrote:
Greeny wrote: I just want someone I can connect with. Someone who doesn't want me for my looks or my "nice guy" act, for starters.
Riiigggght here.
I'm a bit young so, what exactly do you mean by "connect?" Like someone that gets you and understands you? Also, what is this "nice guy act"? Are you a different person under that? And if you show this act to everyone, how is this girl supposed to like you for you?
When you really connect with someone, everything just comes naturally - a lot of that 'societal tension' falls off.
It's not that I'm secretly a jerk inside, I just default to 'niceness' around people I don't know yet, because that's proper. It takes some time for me to act 'naturally' around people. Natural me isn't a jerk, per se, but a lot easier with the sarcasm and the jokes.

I find I don't have the same problem on the internet, but online dating hasn't worked out so well for me.
Omnificent wrote:I am so utterly sick of the gender wars that it's not even funny.
Word.
DaFool wrote:Tyrion Lannister is my role model. The most awesome of all Game of Thrones characters. That man has principles, a sense of honor, and a moral compass (tis true! he only talks dirty).
Double word.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#3359 Post by Sapphi »

Greeny wrote: When you really connect with someone, everything just comes naturally - a lot of that 'societal tension' falls off.
Oooh... I love that feeling. Doesn't happen often, but when it does...
Greeny wrote: It's not that I'm secretly a jerk inside, I just default to 'niceness' around people I don't know yet, because that's proper. It takes some time for me to act 'naturally' around people. Natural me isn't a jerk, per se, but a lot easier with the sarcasm and the jokes.
Hey, I'm the same. In fact just today a coworker told me, "You're a wolf in sheep's clothing. You're all, 'Oh, I'm just a cute, innocent sheep!' but on the inside you are a WOLF!"

It might be because yesterday, I told him (among other things): "The only reason you were born is because your parents wanted more reasons to eat cake." And then, giggle fit.

I might actually be a jerk inside... but I still have a heart... my insults are filled with love, you see! :P
Greeny wrote: I find I don't have the same problem on the internet, but online dating hasn't worked out so well for me.
Interesting, when I first saw your complaint about this issue, I thought, "What, can't he find some cute brainy girl to talk to on the internet? There are forums where these creatures can be found..." Didn't work, huh?
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

#3360 Post by Itwasneveradream »

@Greeny I'm pretty sure there are girls that like sarcastic people lurking on the depths of the internet.
Well, I think you'll meet someone...
Seems online dating is all fine at first but there are complications...like life and work and stuff.
Well I don't know you that well but uh, best wishes for future endeavors?
I...I don't know what I'm doing this early in the morning....

@Sapphi Insults filled with love? I'm feeling itt. I'm feeeling the lurrrrve~