Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#3841 Post by MaiMai »

lemonokashi wrote:I'm still in high school and my parents are both science professors at UC Davis. My sister also wants to be a scientist, but I want to be an artist. So, obviously they are a bit ashamed of me (I know because my Dad tells it to my face) and I have a lot of pressure on me. Recently my art was features in an art anthology, but my parents haven't even opened the book. Also I have five A+ in school right now, but when I told my parents they just asked what grades I have in my other two classes. I don't think I will ever be able to make them happy...
Wow, sounds rough and that's bullcrap for your Dad to say that he's ashamed because of you wanting to be an artist and for your parents to show you no support.

At this point, I'd say stop trying to make them happy and keep improving yourself as an artist. They're obviously already accomplished in their fields, they ought to let you do what you want instead of imposing their views on you.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#3842 Post by Rinima »

lemonokashi wrote:I'm still in high school and my parents are both science professors at UC Davis. My sister also wants to be a scientist, but I want to be an artist. So, obviously they are a bit ashamed of me (I know because my Dad tells it to my face) and I have a lot of pressure on me. Recently my art was features in an art anthology, but my parents haven't even opened the book. Also I have five A+ in school right now, but when I told my parents they just asked what grades I have in my other two classes. I don't think I will ever be able to make them happy...
That sucks :(
Just remember this: "Any job is something to earn money, but a dream job is not a job at all." Basically, do what you love, and you will never work a day in your life :)
Do what -you- want to do, after all, it's you that will live with it, not your parent's!
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3843 Post by Rinima »

I read 'Gutters' today....
It's tragic.
Oh so very tragic.
I don't think I've ever cried like this over written work ever before.

"'The Calamity' has left the world stripped and dying. Alone in a civilian bunker in Munich, Sealand will be reunited with the last known living member of his surrogate family and together, they will set out across Europe to find those they have lost." (Yes, it's a Hetalia fanfic)

I insist that people read this!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6122026/1/Gutters

But yea, the reason I put it on here?

I am sobbing, and have been for the better part of the day.
So I'm happy, but in a distraught kind of way.

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#3844 Post by Destiny »

I am teared apart right now...
I have to write on my bachelor thesis and finish it till 17th of April.

I also have to apply to three universities for the next course (mine doesn't have it). They want a portfolio for that since it is a creative course. I have till the 30th of April for that...
(In case some frown, I asked for code, since named demo will be part of my portfolio).I really have no idea what to do. If Iconcentrate on one, then the other will fail (leaving me without degree or course). If I work on both, they mightbecome mediocre, possibly leaving me with failing both, if I am unlucky .__.
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

shilkefair
Regular
Completed: Winter Bliss~meeting you~
Projects: Black rosette [VN], Selene

#3845 Post by shilkefair »

I have to let this out

i'm in my last semester and going to graduate soon and for my last semester i have to make something because i'm majoring in Graphic design which was turned to Product design by the faculty on my second year lol so for my final project i have to make something both in the field of graphic design and Product design, and on top of it we have to make the project in a group(This is s new rule, it was supposed to be an individual project but they turned it to a group, it's like one day they just say to us "Hey,You all will be doing the project in a group! and the project will have to be big. like if you have 52 people in the team you have to make a BonJovi concert" :shock: so many of us was against it because it so sudden, and one of the lecturer said "Do you want to be a super team? or a superman?" so we don't have a choice if we chose to be superman than we have to make the project alone but it it have to be equivalent like a super team :shock: , honestly i don't even know what i want to make anymore =.="

i've already made a group consist of seven people all are my closest friends, the thing is we have to decide on a theme and then each of us will contribute something to the big project but still in the same theme. and for that i choose to do Animation. i don't know why i did that =.=" i don't even know the basic of animation...but in the past i did a few small animation i don't even know if it's called animation or not =.="
really stressful right now, we only given 2 month to execute it as well and if i don't meet the deadline i have to graduate next year...*sigh* :(

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#3846 Post by SundownKid »

shilkefair wrote: i've already made a group consist of seven people all are my closest friends, the thing is we have to decide on a theme and then each of us will contribute something to the big project but still in the same theme. and for that i choose to do Animation. i don't know why i did that =.=" i don't even know the basic of animation...but in the past i did a few small animation i don't even know if it's called animation or not =.="
really stressful right now, we only given 2 month to execute it as well and if i don't meet the deadline i have to graduate next year...*sigh* :(
I actually did a small basic Flash animation for my art class final project in college drawn/voice acted by myself and it was really popular despite my fears :lol: If you can't do traditional animation, consider using Motion Comic techniques with digital art, or making it minimalist while emphasizing the audio.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3847 Post by Rinima »

Say your dating someone, who lives half way across the world and is hardly ever on-line, but you genuinely do like her, more than you probably should.
And then your ex comes to you and says it was a mistake, he lives much closer (same country) and talks more. You genuinely like him as well.

What the hell am I meant to do?!?

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#3848 Post by MaiMai »

It really depends on the reasons you and your ex broke up in the first place. If you were to theoretically get back together, will the same problems arise again?
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#3849 Post by Greeny »

Rinima wrote:Say your dating someone, who lives half way across the world and is hardly ever on-line, but you genuinely do like her, more than you probably should.
And then your ex comes to you and says it was a mistake, he lives much closer (same country) and talks more. You genuinely like him as well.

To say "dump this person and get with me instead" is pretty much selfish all of the time 100% of the time.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

shilkefair
Regular
Completed: Winter Bliss~meeting you~
Projects: Black rosette [VN], Selene

#3850 Post by shilkefair »

SundownKid wrote:
I actually did a small basic Flash animation for my art class final project in college drawn/voice acted by myself and it was really popular despite my fears :lol: If you can't do traditional animation, consider using Motion Comic techniques with digital art, or making it minimalist while emphasizing the audio.
yeah that is what i was thinking, usually when i do an animation some part i would animate it and some part using just motion but i use After Effect i can't use Flash that well. Thinking that this is my final project i think that i have to make it a full animation layer by layer ==" like the animation 'Draw with me' is a good example :)

lemonokashi
Regular

#3851 Post by lemonokashi »

Rinima wrote:Say your dating someone, who lives half way across the world and is hardly ever on-line, but you genuinely do like her, more than you probably should.

It sounds like the newer boyfriend isn't putting as much effort into your relationship as the ex. If the reason the two of you broke up was minor and you can easily overlook it, than maybe the two of you should get back together? On the other hand, if it was a big reason, things probably won't get better between the two of you and it might be best to stay with your newer boyfriend? I don't know the situation very well...

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#3852 Post by SilverxBlue »

Adopted a kitten four days ago and then I accidentally squished her with a door today because I didn't notice her trying to get in of the house as I went out... now she only walks with her two front limbs, won't eat and defecates a lot and now I feel really terrible. D8

I should have left her in the streets instead if I knew something like this was going to happen. lkas jdksadkjs
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#3853 Post by LVUER »

1. Why do you broke up with your ex?
2. Do you feel you're still close with your BF? Relationship is like a plant, forget to water it and it will wither (yes, I quote it from the Sims). Long distance relationship is hard...
3. Is there any chance you will be together again with your current BF?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3854 Post by Rinima »

Thanks for the advice guys (and also asking the questions I was to scared to ask myself...), helped a lot!

P.s. To those calling my current bf, my bf..... she's actually my gf ^^ (lol)

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#3855 Post by fleet »

SilverxBlue wrote:Adopted a kitten four days ago and then I accidentally squished her with a door today because I didn't notice her trying to get in of the house as I went out... now she only walks with her two front limbs, won't eat and defecates a lot and now I feel really terrible. D8

I should have left her in the streets instead if I knew something like this was going to happen. lkas jdksadkjs

Take the kitten to a veterinarian.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.